• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Race

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of how this ends, I believe in this team moving forward and I'm proud to say that I never once threw in the towel on the season. It looked awfully dire before this winning streak, but now our boys are playing with a lot of heart, purpose and desperation.

The game this afternoon is monumental. If we manage to secure two points, it could potentially leave us tied for 9th with a game in hand on 8th and only 1-3 points back. Either way, it looks like we have to beat out two of our division rivals by the end of the season to make it in. At this rate though, the Sens could be had as well. We have two games remaining against them, they've lost three straight and their remaining schedule is difficult.

We play the Islanders twice and the Rangers/Devils once each. You have to figure that those games will decide which three Atlantic division teams make it in. I'd like to think that four of them can make it, but those odds look slim at this point.

Either way, we're playing better hockey than all of these teams right now.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of how this ends, I believe in this team moving forward and I'm proud to say that I never once threw in the towel on the season. It looked awfully dire before this winning streak, but now our boys are playing with a lot of heart, purpose and desperation.

The game this afternoon is monumental. If we manage to secure two points, it could potentially leave us tied for 9th with a game in hand on 8th and only 1-3 points back. Either way, it looks like we have to beat out two of our division rivals by the end of the season to make it in. At this rate though, the Sens could be had as well. We have two games remaining against them, they've lost three straight and their remaining schedule is difficult.

We play the Islanders twice and the Rangers/Devils once each. You have to figure that those games will decide which three Atlantic division teams make it in. I'd like to think that four of them can make it, but those odds look slim at this point.

Either way, we're playing better hockey than all of these teams right now.

Yep completely possible its easier to catch teams with this years sched as your always playing the teams you need to beat. Jets are slumping so they need to take advantage.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went ahead and jinxed them for that one. I thought we should've been up 2-0 or 3-0 after the first and that would've likely led to a blowout victory given their lack of confidence. Then as soon as Schenn got hit with a puck in the face midway through the second, the game changed in favor of the Jets big time and they never looked back.

There's zero time to pout over this loss though. The next game against the Isles is an even bigger game and a huge chance to redeem ourselves. A regulation win would put us right back in the mix. The Devils and Jets are still slumping badly. We just need to pass them, which won't be difficult given the rate of which we're acquiring points as of late and then beat the Isles twice in regulation and the 7th or 8th seed could be wrapped up.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My bad about being such a downer but its reality. This is like the 3rd time the team has climbed to .500 and then couldn't do shit after that. This team will score to at a high rate then give us all false hope, only to fall flat on its face because the D is flawed. Through this so called streak that ended today they were scoring 4.25 goals per game which will never last, and giving up 2.75 goals per which got blown away in 1 period today. Not to mention now this team is decimated by injuries which is no exuse because they sucked with a full lineup. This trend will continue and the Flyers will end up just out of the playoffs which is the worst place to be especially for the draft then. FUCK

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad about being such a downer but its reality. This is like the 3rd time the team has climbed to .500 and then couldn't do shit after that. This team will score to at a high rate then give us all false hope, only to fall flat on its face because the D is flawed. Through this so called streak that ended today they were scoring 4.25 goals per game which will never last, and giving up 2.75 goals per which got blown away in 1 period today. Not to mention now this team is decimated by injuries which is no exuse because they sucked with a full lineup. This trend will continue and the Flyers will end up just out of the playoffs which is the worst place to be especially for the draft then. FUCK

Normally I'd agree not to use injuries as an excuse but there is no doubt that injuries at this magnitude has a lot to do with the way the season more or less has gone. Especially of late. Losing the entire top 3 or 4 dmen is a recipe for disaster. For me, like I said weeks ago, scrap this season. Get the good draft pick. Getting in will not get us anywhere. We won't even be competitive. Agree or disagree this is my opinion.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Normally I'd agree not to use injuries as an excuse but there is no doubt that injuries at this magnitude has a lot to do with the way the season more or less has gone. Especially of late. Losing the entire top 3 or 4 dmen is a recipe for disaster. For me, like I said weeks ago, scrap this season. Get the good draft pick. Getting in will not get us anywhere. We won't even be competitive. Agree or disagree this is my opinion.

The only thing about getting into the playoffs is helping the bottom line. Snider has gone on record and said that Bryz has not been the problem so who do the Flyers buyout? First it was Pronger with all the surgeries now its Mesarjos and that part of it can be used as an exuse but the other guys out like Briere, Coburn, and Grossman have been shit anyways.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm also really starting to hate Gervais get rid of him at all cost, bring up Manning, look at how solid Laridson has been. Gotta find out what they have in the unknown D.

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also really starting to hate Gervais get rid of him at all cost, bring up Manning, look at how solid Laridson has been. Gotta find out what they have in the unknown D.

What really sucks about our situation is the lack of top tier dmen. Timo has 1 year left. Mez is shot and probably will be bought out. Schenn is going to get better, Coburn is streaky, Gervais is what he is and nothing more. We must draft a dman with our top draft pick and possibly make a trade during the offseason to acquire a top puck moving blueliner dman.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
our future on defense is very depressing unless we make a move..

having a true number 1 guy like a weber, doughty, really does make a difference. obviously these guys don't grow on trees, but having a guy who can play in all situations and can play half the game in the playoffs really can carry a team further. pronger has done just that with edmonton in 06 and philly in 2010. flyers NEED to make getting a number one guy their priority.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we go hard after Yandle during offseason?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i can almost guarantee Homer will do whatever it takes to bring in a big name guy this offseason. i'd like yandle, but i feel like phoenix really wants a lot in return for him. wouldn't want to overpay.

i have this really weird feeling that weber is still going to end up in a flyers uniform at some point. probably a pipe dream, but i still have a strange feeling its going to happen

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can almost guarantee Homer will do whatever it takes to bring in a big name guy this offseason. i'd like yandle, but i feel like phoenix really wants a lot in return for him. wouldn't want to overpay.

i have this really weird feeling that weber is still going to end up in a flyers uniform at some point. probably a pipe dream, but i still have a strange feeling its going to happen

Not a chance in hell for Weber. No reason now for Nashville to trade him now. His contract won't be terrible after this season. Yandle is the better bet. It's going to cost us regardless to get this kind of caliber dman. You can bet it will start with Coots.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rumors about what Phoenix turned down for yandle (Kadri, fratin, 1st) at the deadline are true, yandle will probably cost couturier, read, a 1st, and ghostisbehere. No thank you.

Trading for a #1 dman is basically impossible. Just gotta cross your fingers that ghost is ready in a couple years and the flyers make a good pick in June that will help soon too.

Or, they could just play defensively. The defenders tey have now are solid defenders, they just suck at moving the puck. The need for a #1 dman is blown way out of proportion because of how fast they try to play. Timonen is a serviceable #1 dman in this league, they don't NEED a #1 next year, they NEED to stop trying to play so fast with slow ass dmen.

I'd look at mike green in a buy-low type deal, a la mason. May not pan out, but at least you don't give up 4 potential difference makers for him.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rumors about what Phoenix turned down for yandle (Kadri, fratin, 1st) at the deadline are true, yandle will probably cost couturier, read, a 1st, and ghostisbehere. No thank you.

Trading for a #1 dman is basically impossible. Just gotta cross your fingers that ghost is ready in a couple years and the flyers make a good pick in June that will help soon too.

Or, they could just play defensively. The defenders tey have now are solid defenders, they just suck at moving the puck. The need for a #1 dman is blown way out of proportion because of how fast they try to play. Timonen is a serviceable #1 dman in this league, they don't NEED a #1 next year, they NEED to stop trying to play so fast with slow ass dmen.

I'd look at mike green in a buy-low type deal, a la mason. May not pan out,but at least you don't give up 4 potential difference makers for him.

Ha. So we really need Terry Murray here!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win and were in simple as that and WE CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that they better not just barely miss the playoffs or I will be pissed. Wither tear it up and make it or be shitty and get a good pick.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that they better not just barely miss the playoffs or I will be pissed. Wither tear it up and make it or be shitty and get a good pick.

The way they are playing lately i dont think we are going to get the great pick .

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i have a feeling that's the road they're going down this season.. they're making a push, but it's going to be tough pull it off.. 2 or 3 more regulation losses and they're pretty much doomed.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to start by beating a very hot Isles team

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the false hopes guys. I was optimistic about our team right up until the end, but it's officially over as of right this moment.

Mathematically, it's not over, but it truly is based on the fact that the life was sucked out of this team somewhere between Winnipeg and NY. Up until midway through the second period in Winnipeg when Luke Schenn got smacked in the face with a puck near his right eye, we were in great shape to make a run at the playoffs. But now, that is ancient history. I saw this team basically quit on Laviolette over the past three games and that one play was the crucial turning point of our entire season. The Jets jumped all over us while Luke was gone and that game quickly got out of hand. We haven't looked the same as a team since.