• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ideal Playoff Scenario

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Straps on homer helmet*

Wildcard: Bengals beat Raiders, Pats beat Bills, Steelers beat Chiefs
Division: Bengals beat Pats in Cincy, Steelers again pull the upset and beat the Titans
AFC Championship: Bengals host the championship game and finally slay the Steelers stigma once and for all
Superbowl: Bengals match up with an overachieving 49ers team and put the ghost of Joe Montana to bed for their first Lombardi Trophy

The road to the Superbowl goes right through Paul Brown Stadium and black and orange is the summer's hottest fashion craze

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you listen to Car's quotes last night - you'd likely feel like I did - I can't recall exactly what he said at the time, but the way he talked about being surprised at the timeout called and what they were thinking - I don't think they were going for the FG - I think they were happy to simply not turn the ball over and get the tie, and get into the playoffs. Once the Chargers called timeout - they had to get a 1st down because otherwise they would have to punt and leave about 30 seconds on the clock for them to get into FG range.
I watched all the NFL access today and David Carr said after the game he spent time with his brother and they were celebrating. The raiders were always going to try for the fg, they just planned on running one more run and then trying the fg no matter where they were. By calling the timeout, it changed nothing other than allowing the raiders to setup a better run okay without having to worry about time. Just telling you what was said on NFL Access by David Carr.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that I'll say is that the Raiders definitely should have tried to win. The announcers said a tie would have sent them to KC - I think the Raiders would rather take their chances against an inexperienced Bengals team rather than play a first round game at Arrowhead.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that I'll say is that the Raiders definitely should have tried to win. The announcers said a tie would have sent them to KC - I think the Raiders would rather take their chances against an inexperienced Bengals team rather than play a first round game at Arrowhead.
And Pitt is just happy to be getting their asses kicked by KC.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dont have any logical reason to feel this way, but I think that is going to be a close game.

The Chiefs are downplaying Tyreek Hill's injury saying he didn't play Saturday as a precaution but he was on the field a handful of major plays and always had to hobble off. He didn't look right. Maybe he just needs a week of treatment and rest but if he's not himself I'd go from the Steelers having a 5 percent chance of winning to 20 or so.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are downplaying Tyreek Hill's injury saying he didn't play Saturday as a precaution but he was on the field a handful of major plays and always had to hobble off. He didn't look right. Maybe he just needs a week of treatment and rest but if he's not himself I'd go from the Steelers having a 5 percent chance of winning to 20 or so.

As much as I hate the Steelers, I am really sick of hearing about Mahomes and the Chiefs. I would actually love to see the Steelers beat them at home, as long as the next team kicks the shit out of the Steelers.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Steelers have the opportunity to kimo joe, they will tonya Harding his ass home. That’s the last team we need to play.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only watched the Chiefs play a handful of times since the middle of last year. I think Andy Ried, Eric (sleeping with) Bienemey, and the other offensive coaches get too much credit for their production. Their best plays are always when Mahomes can break contain of the pocket and throw some ridiculous side-arm sling to a guy that's had way too much time to get separation. That's pretty much how they moved the ball against us all day.... A team that can keep Mahomes in the pocket with guys in his face will have luck shutting them down. You'd figure Pittsburgh would be a team that could do it, but they certainly didn't look the part the first time.