• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players skipping Bowl Games

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it. They should play. I understand their reasoning, but it sucks.

Fuck their reasoning. Guys have been declaring early for the draft and still played in their bowl games for decades. Once again, bitch ass pussy millenials who think they are entitled. Fuck all of them.....

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have to pay them millions. They simply put it in the contract that they must play bowl games.
You're living in a dreamland. There's literally no incentive whatsoever for the NFL to do that, and any player at all that's being projected as a high pick would simply sit out the bowl game, forfeit their paycheck, and move on.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck their reasoning. Guys have been declaring early for the draft and still played in their bowl games for decades. Once again, bitch ass pussy millenials who think they are entitled. Fuck all of them.....
It all started with Jaylon Smith. It's not about being entitled, it's about being smart. That dude cost himself millions of dollars, and luckily he was able to recover from his horrible injury. I hate it too, but I get it. This is a professional decision.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're living in a dreamland. There's literally no incentive whatsoever for the NFL to do that, and any player at all that's being projected as a high pick would simply sit out the bowl game, forfeit their paycheck, and move on.

Who the hell is talking about the NFL. I'm talking about College Universities. They should pay their players and when they sign a contract to play for their school, they put it in the contract.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time, there are way too many irrelevant and worthless bowl games that nobody wants to watch, nor do people attend. For that part, I don't blame them b/c 7 and 6 win teams have no business going bowling.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is talking about the NFL. I'm talking about College Universities. They should pay their players and when they sign a contract to play for their school, they put it in the contract.

They do pay their players. Each player receives a stipend. Also, the players from low income families can receive grants that pay them up to $17,500 a year but very few of them take advantage b/c it's too much paperwork.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what are they gonna do if the player decides to sit out anyhow? Once they decide to sit out, they can separate from the team and school entirely. Do you think schools will honestly spend the time and money in litigation going after players? And honestly, schools don't have the right to force a kid to play in a game if they don't want to.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I hate to see guys sit out but I'm not going to kill them over it

As for Haskins and his possible declaration that came up I'd obviously love to see him stick around...but it's a weakish QB draft

If he leaves we go with "JT" Martell

Reactions: gob

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo Samuel also sitting out for Scar. Don’t blame him tho. I’d want to get out of that shithole as quickly as possible too.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State's entire team decided to skip a bowl this year.
I guess all the cool kids are doing that then, huh?
giphy.gif

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what are they gonna do if the player decides to sit out anyhow? Once they decide to sit out, they can separate from the team and school entirely. Do you think schools will honestly spend the time and money in litigation going after players? And honestly, schools don't have the right to force a kid to play in a game if they don't want to.

Obviously, the schools cannot force anyone to do anything but if they sign a contract, not only can they elect not to pay them, they could probably sue to get some of their money back.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do pay their players. Each player receives a stipend. Also, the players from low income families can receive grants that pay them up to $17,500 a year but very few of them take advantage b/c it's too much paperwork.

Do you have a link for that? This is the first I've ever heard of this.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think these guys are millennials

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the schools cannot force anyone to do anything but if they sign a contract, not only can they elect not to pay them, they could probably sue to get some of their money back.
And if you're a top 10-15 prospect, you'd happily forfeit that money to ensure your health. And again, schools simply aren't going to waste their time with it. After paying the lawyers, what money are they going to be left with? This would also be a HUGE step towards creating a minor league NFL system, and none of us want that. There's just no feasible way this happens.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to continue. Playoffs have cheapened the value of the bowl experience. Not to mention there are around 40 bowls. I would guess around 80% P5 teams make a bowl.
While it might irk some of my seniors, I'm pretty sure I'd use non CFP bowls as prep for next season if I were coaching. That is unless there was a financial incentive or needed a win to be above .500 or something like that.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people want to keep expanding the playoff so more players have to play more games, so we can have a slightly less mythical championship.

Dobsie

ᎠᎩᎷᏨᎢ, ᎠᎩᎪᎲᎢ, ᎠᎩᏠᏒᎢ!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look in recent times where a meaningless bowl game cost players MILLIONS: Jaylon Smith(he's having an incredible year though so he's gonna get PAID soon) and Jake Butt

I believe Dallas paid him a value compared to his ranking before the injury...but I could be mistaken?....:noidea:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here, here, Exes, well done.:suds:

Glad I'm not the only cantankerous old fart here on the hoop. We may be outnumbered by a bunch of you snowflakes, but we can still throw some shit at ya!