• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl Games thread (2023-24)

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole problem is the timing of the whole shit. The early signing period is nice to get the kids in to class and with the program but aside from that it's like starting the offseason in the NFL before the playoffs start. It should be as easy as kids who want to get rolling early can

The transfer portal 100 percent should not open until after bowl season. And with a 12 team playoff that really messes shit up with the early portal.

No NFL declarations....nothing until after the postseason is done.

I agree, and hopefully some rules are put in place to make that happen. If not, they're going to find less and less people caring about the post season.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss off to a banner start. Picked off on the 3rd play. Wait, ruling it hit the ground.

Should have taken the yards lost.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good Peach Bowl so far - offenses are playing well.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will bowl games not tied to the playoffs disappear? Had no idea FSU had that many players opting out, now seeing that Twotunganabalewa is not playing for Maryland. Sad days for college football.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the RB as an outlet seems to not be something Day likes to do. And I'm not sure you could have Henderson get any more involved than he was since he was the only RB on the roster last night. It's actually kind of sad what college football has turned into. These kids commit to a program, play an entire regular season, then bail out as soon as they fall short of the playoffs. I feel bad for anyone who made the trip to see this game.

Michigan is in the same boat. Edwards has been wildly underutilized in the passing game and I really hope they can change that for Mondays game. If we hope to beat Bama, they need to attack Bama's linebackers in the passing game. Get Edwards out on wheel and angle routes. Michigan's receivers struggled to get any real separation against Iowa and I don't see that changing against that secondary. Also need to really use our tight ends against them, and do more designed runs with McCarthy. They'll probably use Orji's legs a little as well, and they should try to throw with him a couple times. No one has that on film. Other thing we need to do is a lot more play action. Michigan has been very productive when they have run it, not sure why they haven't done a lot of it. Even against Iowa, PSU and OSU there wasn't a ton of it. More flea flickers!

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is in the same boat. Edwards has been wildly underutilized in the passing game and I really hope they can change that for Mondays game. If we hope to beat Bama, they need to attack Bama's linebackers in the passing game. Get Edwards out on wheel and angle routes. Michigan's receivers struggled to get any real separation against Iowa and I don't see that changing against that secondary. Also need to really use our tight ends against them, and do more designed runs with McCarthy. They'll probably use Orji's legs a little as well, and they should try to throw with him a couple times. No one has that on film. Other thing we need to do is a lot more play action. Michigan has been very productive when they have run it, not sure why they haven't done a lot of it. Even against Iowa, PSU and OSU there wasn't a ton of it. More flea flickers!

Iowa has a tough defense. So does OSU and UM did fine against both. Focus on execution and don't make mistakes and UM will be fine. Also don't do what UGA apparently did and use 2 spies on Milroe.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has a tough defense. So does OSU and UM did fine against both. Focus on execution and don't make mistakes and UM will be fine. Also don't do what UGA apparently did and use 2 spies on Milroe.

Yeah I don't mean to sound like I'm discrediting Iowa's defense. It's probably *the* best unit in FBS. Michigan did play very conservatively, seemed like they were content to throw underneath and not give Iowa opportunities for turnovers. I only remember one bad throw to Loveland that was dangerous, there were a few potential big plays they just missed out on. Hit those and Michigan wins even more comfortably.

I just don't expect the receivers to beat that secondary. Maybe Wilson breaks a few nice ones, he has the speed.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, why kick a 50+ yarder when you're down 2 touchdowns in the 4th? Especially when your offense is doing fuck all?

Never change, Frames Janklin.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU stinks. So defensive guys took the day off but where's the offense. Franklin sucks.

Some of that could also be attributed to Diaz leaving as well, IMO

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In FSU's defense, they are playing w/o a lot of their team. At full strength this might have been a decent game.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In FSU's defense, they are playing w/o a lot of their team. At full strength this might have been a decent game.

Their own decision. Don't use an elective move as an excuse.

GA had few opt out.

Georgia's Kirby Smart on Lack of Orange Bowl Opt-Outs: 'They Want to Go out on Top'​

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their own decision. Don't use an elective move as an excuse.

GA had few opt out.

Georgia's Kirby Smart on Lack of Orange Bowl Opt-Outs: 'They Want to Go out on Top'​

Well, maybe not worded right. But it would have been a better game had the full team been there. Yet, something to be said for quitters opting out.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, maybe not worded right. But it would have been a better game had the full team been there. Yet, something to be said for quitters opting out.

And last year Bryce Young and Will Anderson played in the bowl even though they could have opted out.

bamagrad75

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amend my earlier point.

Georgia had 21 enter the portal or opt out and 5 injured. So they weren't playing at full strength either.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't mean to sound like I'm discrediting Iowa's defense. It's probably *the* best unit in FBS. Michigan did play very conservatively, seemed like they were content to throw underneath and not give Iowa opportunities for turnovers. I only remember one bad throw to Loveland that was dangerous, there were a few potential big plays they just missed out on. Hit those and Michigan wins even more comfortably.

I just don't expect the receivers to beat that secondary. Maybe Wilson breaks a few nice ones, he has the speed.

If I remember correctly, your team played the same style of ball against PSU.... nothing dangerous, just continued to pound the ball down PSU's throat. No need to do anything more against teams that know have no chance of beating you. And I'm sure that had a lot to do w/what could be considered lack-luster play.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amend my earlier point.

Georgia had 21 enter the portal or opt out and 5 injured. So they weren't playing at full strength either.

FSU may not have had the better team anyways, but let's not kid ourselves. FSU was decimated compared to UGA. 3rd string QB and all key players gone... game was over before it started. And I think Smart even addressed this in an interview after the game.