• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players skipping Bowl Games

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially if the Oregon QB ends up staying.

Top 10 pick.
Gotta wonder, outside of height, what teams are seeing in Herbert. Sub-60% completion rating, only 8 YPA, not even top 3 in his own conference in QB rating. I can see why he'd want to come back and improve on that, but with Tua and Frohm coming out next year, he may actually drop in draft slot.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it. They should play. I understand their reasoning, but it sucks.

BlueDevil

OBX Legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that it happens but I understand why they do it. Imagine being a first rounder and having a career-ending injury in a bowl game. You'd never see a dime from the NFL....

I hate to say it but I'd probably skip the bowl game too especially if my team isn't in the playoffs.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta wonder, outside of height, what teams are seeing in Herbert. Sub-60% completion rating, only 8 YPA, not even top 3 in his own conference in QB rating. I can see why he'd want to come back and improve on that, but with Tua and Frohm coming out next year, he may actually drop in draft slot.
NFL teams get hard ons when they see tall QB's.

NFL offenses are evolving some, though, so I wonder how much longer that will be important.

TJabroni

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad someone else is seeing this. I get so tired of hearing about 'measurables'...then amazingly the guys that perform in the NFL, are the guys that understand football.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL offenses are evolving some, though, so I wonder how much longer that will be important.

The offenses in the NFL are running more College football style systems. This trend will stay around for at least 5 or more years. Hell maybe some BigXII defensive coaches will watch what it takes to stop them.

Reactions: gob

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah you've gotta imagine that'll change at some point. The days of being a statue in the pocket and waiting for plays to develop are coming to an end. Guys like Rivers, Brady, Flacco, etc. aren't going to be as likely anymore because that takes a while to develop, and teams don't seem to have that much patience anymore.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad someone else is seeing this. I get so tired of hearing about 'measurables'...then amazingly the guys that perform in the NFL, are the guys that understand football.
Just like the Allen hype last year....

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was 6'3", I doubt he'd be even considered a Day 2 prospect.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you've gotta imagine that'll change at some point. The days of being a statue in the pocket and waiting for plays to develop are coming to an end. Guys like Rivers, Brady, Flacco, etc. aren't going to be as likely anymore because that takes a while to develop, and teams don't seem to have that much patience anymore.
Eh, some of those guys have adapted pretty well to some different offensive schemes. You need football knowledge and accuracy. Most everyone at that level has a strong enough arm to stretch the field enough.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, some of those guys have adapted pretty well to some different offensive schemes. You need football knowledge and accuracy. Most everyone at that level has a strong enough arm to stretch the field enough.
It's definitely a scheme fit thing. I guess when I look at a guy like Herbert, or that Jones kid from Duke, I wonder what there even is outside of height.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he'll announce his intentions after the Rose Bowl. I can't imagine why he wouldn't go this year. He has a legit shot of being the top QB off the boards. He's already being mocked in the top 15 of boards I'm seeing. Not many knocks on the kid.

I think he'll end up going and probably end up being a top 5 pick.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Haskins is at a comfortable enough spot yet where he can sit out and "prepare". Another big game on the national stage only earns him more money. Sure theres the injury risk but the reward of coming up big outweighs that risk. IMO.