• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Eagles @ Seattle Seahawks

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a flight to Florida this week, If the Seahawks aren't the most travelled team they gotta be close... Boston, Florida, Wisconsin, New Orleans, New York... It's crazy man ... At least we close out with more home games and West coast games...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall a solid game on both sides. Nice to be up 3 in the division and in striking distance of Dallas.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Prosise's injury was the worst of the injuries sustained by Seahawks players in today's game. That isn't to say that nobody else figures to miss time, but Prosise is going to be out a while. The preliminary best-case scenario I've seen is a possible return for the playoffs. Thomas has a strained hamstring, Pope has a high ankle sprain, Shead has a hamstring injury that he tried to play through, Thorpe cramped up and Fant, Coyle and McEvoy all suffered injuries that weren't specified beyond the affected body part. Hopefully the non-specificity means that those injuries were more minor.

Regardless, the roster took a pretty sizeable hit on the injury front today.

Pete Carroll Shares Injury Updates From 26-15 Win vs Philadelphia Eagles

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Prosise's injury was the worst of the injuries sustained by Seahawks players in today's game. That isn't to say that nobody else figures to miss time, but Prosise is going to be out a while. The preliminary best-case scenario I've seen is a possible return for the playoffs. Thomas has a strained hamstring, Pope has a high ankle sprain, Shead has a hamstring injury that he tried to play through, Thorpe cramped up and Fant, Coyle and McEvoy all suffered injuries that weren't specified beyond the affected body part. Hopefully the non-specificity means that those injuries were more minor.

Regardless, the roster took a pretty sizeable hit on the injury front today.

Pete Carroll Shares Injury Updates From 26-15 Win vs Philadelphia Eagles

Indeed! Just can't get away from the injury bug. Seemed like everything was coming together and then BAM! On the bright side Bennett could be a go next week which will be real good if Earl needs to take a week off.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From reading post game stuff, I get the picture than Boykin was in on those 2 running plays (and Tukuafu got the carry when Rawls was in) because Rawls was just plain gassed. 17 touches, 88 yards in his first game action in 9 weeks, and a lot of those touches were high effort plays. Happy with what he gave us today - and look forward to more as he gets his legs back under him.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From reading post game stuff, I get the picture than Boykin was in on those 2 running plays (and Tukuafu got the carry when Rawls was in) because Rawls was just plain gassed. 17 touches, 88 yards in his first game action in 9 weeks, and a lot of those touches were high effort plays. Happy with what he gave us today - and look forward to more as he gets his legs back under him.

That's the impression I got too. I still didn't like the idea of putting Boykin in harm's way. Philly could have pulled an Arizona State and tried to knock him out of commission when they had the opportunity and that would have left the Seahawks with no options at quarterback if Wilson got hurt too. With all the injuries at running back, injuries in the secondary that made the game closer than it should have been and with Rawls running on empty, I guess they figured it was their only choice if they wanted to keep the clock running and make Philly take the rest of their timeouts on that drive, but they probably could have accomplished the same goal with a couple of high percentage passes.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a flight to Florida this week, If the Seahawks aren't the most travelled team they gotta be close... Boston, Florida, Wisconsin, New Orleans, New York... It's crazy man ... At least we close out with more home games and West coast games...

True, but it's the same reason that our home field advantage is so strong. We're just at the ass end of the NFL travel spectrum. I'm sure every team groans (outside of our division because with St. Louis moving that's all relatively close now) when they see @ Seattle. Yes the noise is a factor, but "Great... guess that's likely an auto loss."

But yah, it sucks that we have to do it 3-4 times a year, but opponents obviously just do it once. Sort of balances out though. 3-4 opponents have to travel here and unless it's like Denver or something they're all probably combined just like, "Oh God dammit" as well.

Sea @ TB or TB @ Sea is just BRUTAL though. That is a LONG route. I think it's the longest... I know it BARELY edges out to Mass.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to worry about long east coast trips and/or about 1 pm ET/10 am PT starts because the team used to let those things worry them too. Everyone from the players to the fans dreaded those games because the Seahawks seemed to lose them on a fairly regular basis, which can mess with your head eventually. Once Carroll took over and his players bought into his message and his mentality, I think the long east coast trip and/or 10 AM PT starts ceased to be an issue for them, and the result has been a lot of wins on those long trips in Carroll's 6+ years here.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
injuries are starting to be a concern, and as usual the redzone offense is a huge problem still. scoring from inside the 3 yard line SHOULD NOT be such a difficult task.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
injuries are starting to be a concern, and as usual the redzone offense is a huge problem still. scoring from inside the 3 yard line SHOULD NOT be such a difficult task.

Bevell continues to script plays to Kearse in the red zone, and yet we still fall short. At what point do we move on and I don't know, target Graham? I know it's a crazy thought, but it might just work.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ only completed 58% of his passes. That's something we don't see much of from him. Had one game in 2015 where is was at 48% ( i think it was 48 % ). Offense played well but you can tell by the lack of points and the lower comp % from Wilson they can be SO MUCH better. Hope they play better in TB next week. Need to stop these pre-snap penalties and BTW the NFL wont let us call "pick-plays" like they do when called against use so they need to get Kearse into the habbit of putting his hands up like he is going to catch a ball. Right now he just turns his shoulder showing everyone and the world it's a pick.

But still if they are going to call it against us 100% of the time, they need to call it when the Hawks opponent does it

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and the Patriots agree.

exactly, we had the ball inside the 5 multiple times against them and walked away with field goals. shouldnt be happening, especially when you have a great QB and a great TE like graham. yet it does happen, all too often.

wilson is 5 of 18 inside the 10 yard line with 4 TDs. that is a PITIFUL record right there. and i know you will blame russell, but come on, he is a top 5 QB, are we really to believe he is a great QB outside the 10 and then a horrible QB inside the 10?

no, it boils down to play calling, throwing the ball to your WORST RECEIVER, and completely ignoring the elephant in the room named jimmy graham. and dont give me BS about him not being open blah blah blah. he is your best receiving option, you throw to him no matter what. the patriots do this all the time with gronk.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no matter what. the patriots do this all the time with gronk.

111316pats10.jpg

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are pathetic dude, you cant recognize a problem when one exists.

look at rodgers and luck inside the 10. wilsons numbers compare with average QBs inside the 10, he IS NOT an average QB. you cant deny this is a serious problem. but yet, you are.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the patriots do this all the time with gronk.

Just to show that I can engage on this.

Yes, Tom Brady is 11-14 with 8 TDs this season from the 10 and in, but you are wrong on how he has been doing it. Of the 8 TDs, only 1 has been to Gronk. Martellous Bennett, James White and Danny Amendola each have 2 and Julian Edelman has the last one. So, Gronk isn't even targeted 50% of the time by Brady. And, just so I don't get charged with cherry picking - Brady only threw 4 of 14 to Gronk last year. Over Gronk's career, he's only scored 30 of Brady's 107 TD passes inside the 10, which is just 28%. Brady's successful because he takes what's open - not because he forces it to his big TE.