• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peter King: Wentz likely out until week 3 versus Indy

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you’d rather have Jason Kelce (All Pro) over Lawrence Taylor or Khalil Mack. Ummmm.... no.
What you guys are confusing is that every position is important, including Centers. But out of all the positions C is one of the least important on a team.

Dude....your reaching on this argument. No I would not take Kelce over Lawrence Taylor or Khalil Mack that is just fucking stupid. One is one of the greatest to play the game at any position and the other is working his way there as well. Jason Kelce probably would never be the greatest center to play the game but he is an All Pro center. There are a lot of "great" players I would take over Kelce. That does not diminish his importance though.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude....your reaching on this argument. No I would not take Kelce over Lawrence Taylor or Khalil Mack that is just fucking stupid. One is one of the greatest to play the game at any position and the other is working his way there as well. Jason Kelce probably would never be the greatest center to play the game but he is an All Pro center. There are a lot of "great" players I would take over Kelce. That does not diminish his importance though.

Scratch LT... I listed a 1st team all pro Center and a 1st team all pro DE/OLB and of course you’re taking Khalil. It shows that you would take an all pro DE, QB, T, WR, CB etc over and All Pro Center.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When asked about it Carson Wentz said: "I'm not quite as far ahead of schedule as some Eagles fans on the Hoop thought"

Nobody on the Hoop knew. Eagles fans were just relaying the papers said he was ahead of schedule and aiming for week 1. So this is a completely false post by you. None of us knew or even claimed to know. Nice troll attempt.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody on the Hoop knew. Eagles fans were just relaying the papers said he was ahead of schedule and aiming for week 1. So this is a completely false post by you. None of us knew or even claimed to know. Nice troll attempt.
:L :puke:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the goal is to win superbowls. I am sure you can agree with this..... Correct?

To win superbowls you must win the trenches. This is a simple fact. whether you agree or not.

On the offensive side to have a good OL (not any one spot) you must have a good center. If you have a weak center your whole line is weaker. & nothing worse for an offensive gameplan than having pressure up the middle (running or passing)

Again no one has said most important. Some of us (points at self) says "very" important.

& keep in mind if someone wants to argue this spot or that spot is higher so be it. these are our opinions.

However you have said it is one of the "least" important positions, which is simply ridiculous. No one wins super bowls with a scrub at center (if it truly were one of the least important you could) This is where the argument is created.

Also if it were one of the least important positions you wouldnt have to use all time great players to make your point. The fact you use Tom brady as an example kinda shows that center must be important, instead of some journeyman player at QB, or whatever position gives you a hard on.

No one says they would rather have Trent Dilfer (Superbowl winner) over a top notch center.

Everyone wants a once in a generation player over everything else. period.

you want to attach your argument to players when debating positions, instead of X's & O's (Apples & Oranges)

Argument isn't if Center is more important than QB (or pick your position)
as you keep trying to change it too.
it is over "very" or "one of least" importance.

So quit tap dancing while moving your goal posts.

Yes. Being strong in the trenches is crucial. Both sides of the ball. Tell me a position Center is more important then. Let’s look at All Pros. The best Center in the game IMO is Fredricks. Would you rather have him the the following all pros...
QB Brady
WR Julio Jones or Antonio Bryant
RB Zeke or Gurley
LT Tyron Smith
RT Lane Johnson
DE Khalil Mack
DT Aaron Donald
CB Jalen Ramsey

The answer is no, no, no, no, no, no and NO!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Being strong in the trenches is crucial. Both sides of the ball. Tell me a position Center is more important then. Let’s look at All Pros. The best Center in the game IMO is Fredricks. Would you rather have him the the following all pros...
QB Brady
RB Zeke or the Rams RB
LT Tyron Smith
RT Lane Johnson
DE Khalil Mack
DT Aaron Donald
CB Jalen Ramsey

god you are thick in the head.
you again are trying to compare players not x's & O's

BTW if my center makes my OL one of the best I would take him over WRs & most RBs.
I would also take badass DL over allstar CB. (start in trenches)

Let me put it to you another way.

Your OL is like a pile of bricks that coaches want to make into a strong ass Brick wall
Look at your Center as the Mortar for that wall. (kind of important to build a strong ass brick wall)

You like to talk players I like to talk importance of the position. So let me give an example I think you could follow. (I change my mind I am now doubting it)

Cowboys drafted T. Smith & the Cowboys Ol still struggled. Our Center was a dumbass.
After drafting Frederick our Oline vastly improved.

Now you will point out Smith is the better player. None of us Cowboy fans will disagree. But this isnt about the player.
This is about the position. Our Oline didnt get better until we had a valid Center even though we had an all pro LT. We couldnt make the playoffs until we improved our Oline. Mortar is "very" important to building your brick wall.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestong take by Ben Roethlisberger.

"Football's the ultimate team sport. One guy doesn't make or break you," Roethlisberger said Wednesday. "So I'd like to say that the linemen are more important than any skill-position player, including myself, on this team. This offense is more than one guy."

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god you are thick in the head.
you again are trying to compare players not x's & O's

BTW if my center makes my OL one of the best I would take him over WRs & most RBs.
I would also take badass DL over allstar CB. (start in trenches)

Let me put it to you another way.

Your OL is like a pile of bricks that coaches want to make into a strong ass Brick wall
Look at your Center as the Mortar for that wall. (kind of important to build a strong ass brick wall)

You like to talk players I like to talk importance of the position. So let me give an example I think you could follow. (I change my mind I am now doubting it)

Cowboys drafted T. Smith & the Cowboys Ol still struggled. Our Center was a dumbass.
After drafting Frederick our Oline vastly improved.

Now you will point out Smith is the better player. None of us Cowboy fans will disagree. But this isnt about the player.
This is about the position. Our Oline didnt get better until we had a valid Center even though we had an all pro LT. We couldnt make the playoffs until we improved our Oline. Mortar is "very" important to building your brick wall.

Yeah... your mortar was fantastic when Tyron Smith was out last year. 8 or 9 sacks game 1 right. Think about that.
I was comparing X and O. The positions and who you think the more vital position is... all pro CB, DE, QB or all pro C

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestong take by Ben Roethlisberger.

"Football's the ultimate team sport. One guy doesn't make or break you," Roethlisberger said Wednesday. "So I'd like to say that the linemen are more important than any skill-position player, including myself, on this team. This offense is more than one guy."

I agree with him. But if they had to cut their C or Antonio Brown guess who goes first?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Show me a post by any Eagle fan guaranteeing he will be ready week one. We just relayed the info given in the papers. He was ahead of schedule and shooting for week 1. I have no idea where you guys are coming up with Eagle fans guarenteeing he will be ready week1

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch LT... I listed a 1st team all pro Center and a 1st team all pro DE/OLB and of course you’re taking Khalil. It shows that you would take an all pro DE, QB, T, WR, CB etc over and All Pro Center.

Ummm......I believe I already said that. In my post I stated I would value a center over an OLB and that was it. With that said Jarnt mentioned the defense being either 3-4 or 4-3 to which I acknowledged he had a point because my post was based on 4-3 defense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Brady
RB Zeke or Gurley
LT Tyron Smith
RT Lane Johnson
DE Khalil Mack
DT Aaron Donald
CB Jalen Ramsey

I take him over Lance Johnson. But, I wouldn't mind having Johnson on the bench as a swing tackle for us...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me a post by any Eagle fan guaranteeing he will be ready week one. We just relayed the info given in the papers. He was ahead of schedule and shooting for week 1. I have no idea where you guys are coming up with Eagle fans guarenteeing he will be ready week1
So...perhaps the issue is more that EVERYONE other than you saw the humor (or at least attempt at humor) in the post??? Sometimes you gotta pull the stick out of your ass and enjoy life. It's a message board for crying out loud

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...perhaps the issue is more that EVERYONE other than you saw the humor (or at least attempt at humor) in the post??? Sometimes you gotta pull the stick out of your ass and enjoy life. It's a message board for crying out loud

True true but I can’t tell when people are joking or being serious on here anymore. I mean I see shit like Centers are soooo important and I wonder if everyone is just fucking with me cause that’s absurd.