• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peter King: Wentz likely out until week 3 versus Indy

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only understand stat piling positions? I said LT was the 2md most important position. Yes teams don’t recruit Centers anymore cause they arent too worried about an unimportant position. Centers don’t have the impact of other positions. You telling me you want Jason Kelce over...
Brady
Julio Jones
Khalil Mack
Zeke Elliot
Tyron Smith
Gronkowski

Stop it

Would you rather have Jason Kelce or Spencer Long?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather have Jason Kelce or Spencer Long?

Kelce cause he’s better. You want better players top to bottom. Every position has its importance. You want to be solid everywhere and every team in the NFL would love to have Fredricks cause he’s the best in the NFL... but Center is no way no how more crucial then QB, either Tackle, DE, DT, OLB, CB

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce cause he’s better. You want better players top to bottom. Every position has its importance. You want to be solid everywhere and every team in the NFL would love to have Fredricks cause he’s the best in the NFL... but Center is no way no how more crucial then QB, either Tackle, DE, DT, OLB, CB

I would take a top center over OLB personally.

The center is a very intrigal part of the offensive line. He may not be the most important when it comes to blocking but he is the QB of the offensive line and I think you may be sleeping on that. You do not become one of the best offensive lines in the NFL with an average center. You can have the best blocking lineman to ever play the game on your team but if you have the wrong blocking call you get your QB killed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the stat piler point but I don’t agree they get drafted high when a team is in need. 50 freaking years and not one cracked the top 12. Every single position has been drafted in the top 12 except, Center, Kicker and Punter. It can be argued every position is important but there is a hierarchy and Centers are way down the list.

Do you think college coaches recruit Centers when trying to build a program? Hell no. They’ll take the kid that’s struggling and isn’t athletically gifted enough to play tackle or guard.
I wonder if Pouncey was picked #12 instead of #15 if you'd still use top 12 or would you instead use top 11:scratch:

2000 draft: Tom St Clair drafted #94. Tom Brady #199. Sinclair more important than Brady.:rolleyes2:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The center is a very intrigal part of the offensive line. He may not be the most important when it comes to blocking but he is the QB of the offensive line and I think you may be sleeping on that. You do not become one of the best offensive lines in the NFL with an average center. You can have the best blocking lineman to ever play the game on your team but if you have the wrong blocking call you get your QB killed.
In a 4-3, yes. In a 3-4, No. :2cents:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Pouncey was picked #12 instead of #15 if you'd still use top 12 or would you instead use top 11:scratch:

2000 draft: Tom St Clair drafted #94. Tom Brady #199. Sinclair more important than Brady.:rolleyes2:

Why does every thread need to be about Brady or the Pats?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, thanks for confirming C is important.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When asked about it Carson Wentz said: "I'm not quite as far ahead of schedule as some Eagles fans on the Hoop thought"

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When asked about it Carson Wentz said: "I'm not quite as far ahead of schedule as some Eagles fans on the Hoop thought"

Bwhahaha

POTD!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, thanks for confirming C is important.

Every position is important. If your kicker sucks and you lose 4 tight games because of him it’s not good. Doesn’t mean Kicker is one of the most important positions.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I’d can change it for you. In the last 50 years... over 750 picks one Center... ONE was drafted in the top 15 and it was at 15.

Because some players bust and some late round picks become stars that has NOTHING to do with my point. That has absolutely nothing to do with what I’m saying.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you’d rather have Jason Kelce (All Pro) over Lawrence Taylor or Khalil Mack. Ummmm.... no.
What you guys are confusing is that every position is important, including Centers. But out of all the positions C is one of the least important on a team.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every position is important. If your kicker sucks and you lose 4 tight games because of him it’s not good. Doesn’t mean Kicker is one of the most important positions.
the goal is to win superbowls. I am sure you can agree with this..... Correct?

To win superbowls you must win the trenches. This is a simple fact. whether you agree or not.

On the offensive side to have a good OL (not any one spot) you must have a good center. If you have a weak center your whole line is weaker. & nothing worse for an offensive gameplan than having pressure up the middle (running or passing)

Again no one has said most important. Some of us (points at self) says "very" important.

& keep in mind if someone wants to argue this spot or that spot is higher so be it. these are our opinions.

However you have said it is one of the "least" important positions, which is simply ridiculous. No one wins super bowls with a scrub at center (if it truly were one of the least important you could) This is where the argument is created.

Also if it were one of the least important positions you wouldnt have to use all time great players to make your point. The fact you use Tom brady as an example kinda shows that center must be important, instead of some journeyman player at QB, or whatever position gives you a hard on.

No one says they would rather have Trent Dilfer (Superbowl winner) over a top notch center.

Everyone wants a once in a generation player over everything else. period.

you want to attach your argument to players when debating positions, instead of X's & O's (Apples & Oranges)

Argument isn't if Center is more important than QB (or pick your position)
as you keep trying to change it too.
it is over "very" or "one of least" importance.

So quit tap dancing while moving your goal posts.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you’d rather have Jason Kelce (All Pro) over Lawrence Taylor or Khalil Mack. Ummmm.... no.
What you guys are confusing is that every position is important, including Centers. But out of all the positions C is one of the least important on a team.

C is the quarterback of the OL. I rank the OL importance as LT then RT then C then name a guard.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah I'd take Kelce over Lawrence Taylor. LT is almost 60 years old for Christ's sake...