• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perk to Cleveland

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I just say..." Fucktardery " has had me with the giggles for the last 15 mins:pound:.

SportsHoopla lexicon is the greatest!

*Looks around for DJ*

That's one of my favorites too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shiiiiiiiiiiiit. he just signed a 5 year extension that does not even kick in till next year....and Gilbert is not el cheapo like Arison.....

and the Spurs are 2-3 years from being toast

the Lakers out of those 3 teams will probably have the most success within the next 5 years--- it might still be 3 years before the Lakers crawl out of the sludge- but as long as they dont try and rush things they will be fine

I love that they are being patient and drafted Randle and will get another top 5 pick......thats what you NEED to do unless you just luck out big time in free agency which is extremely rare- and sometimes when you do get what you think you wanted- it doesnt always work (see the Bricks)

Admit it. Your heart stopped for a second when you read that. :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude cmon now- that post said the main crux of my whole argument- the Cavs dont have the continuity yet taht the Heat had when they won their titles---

like i said- I think the Cavs are as talented as anyone- probably more so- maybe the only team that has MORE talent might be GSW- with Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Bogut, Green, ....but how can you not say that playing together for a couple years is not a big deal? in basketball its HUGE....and if there are two teams with simlar talent- im picking the one thats been together every time- its that simple

you know that- you said it yourself! everyone knows that

What you don't seem to grasp is that it doesn't matter what you, I or anyone else on here thinks. It's title or bust for the Cavs. That's what adding Lebron AND making all of the trades he wanted, plus signing the FA's that he wanted was all about.

My thinking they'll bust and you thinking they get a pass this year doesn't change that. Watch what happens if they lose. It's going to be just like it was for the Heat and the majority of the media, etc. will say they failed. God help them if they lose before the finals. The guys on TNT are gonna rip them apart when they put Lebron, Kyrie and Love on the fishing boat.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admit it. Your heart stopped for a second when you read that. :lol:

There were rumors about Kyrie not wanting to sign- the local guys never said it- but Windhorst did report it- and i USUALLY think he knows his shit

of course Kyrie signed at 12:01 to the maximum amount of years- so Windhorst was guilty of serious fucktardery-

but at the time I thought that if Kyrie REALLY did want to leave that trading him to the Lakers for the pick that became Randle was a definite possibility

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't seem to grasp is that it doesn't matter what you, I or anyone else on here thinks. It's title or bust for the Cavs. That's what adding Lebron AND making all of the trades he wanted, plus signing the FA's that he wanted was all about.

My thinking they'll bust and you thinking they get a pass this year doesn't change that. Watch what happens if they lose. It's going to be just like it was for the Heat and the majority of the media, etc. will say they failed. God help them if they lose before the finals. The guys on TNT are gonna rip them apart when they put Lebron, Kyrie and Love on the fishing boat.
whats your definition of bust? you read mine

i dont understand why its TITLE OR BUST- when the team is set with a big window- just like the Heat were

how were the Heat title or bust when they ended up going to 3 more finals and winning two of them

thats the part that i just dont understand i guess- I ll say taht the Spurs are title or bust- if they dont win it this year- they are probably done.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont understand why its TITLE OR BUST- when the team is set with a big window- just like the Heat were

how were the Heat title or bust when they ended up going to 3 more finals and winning two of them

thats the part that i just dont understand i guess- I ll say taht the Spurs are title or bust- if they dont win it this year- they are probably done.....

Each year is different.

It was title or bust for Miami every single season.

2 of the 4 years ended up as a bust because they did not win the title.

It is not a difficult concept to understand

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's simple, if they don't win, it's a bust. If they had kept the roster they had when they got Lebron, they would get a pass for at least this season. Instead, they went out and got Love, some other FA's, traded for Shump and JR, etc. That's why they are title or bust.

Lebron isn't teaching and having to be patient while young guys learn to win. He has overhauled the roster and traded away young talent with big upside for older, proven veterans. That is pure "win now" which is what title or bust means.

The Heat were a bust twice because they were expected to win all 4 times and only won twice.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each year is different.

It was title or bust for Miami every single season.

2 of the 4 years ended up as a bust because they did not win the title.

It is not a difficult concept to understand

I guess i dont agree with the definition of what it is to you guys....like if the Cavs dont win it this year- i dont see them being done for

now if the Spurs dont win- and Duncan is a year older, Ginobili is really slowing down, Pop is really old- I can see it as title or BUST- because the OR part- if they dont win- they are probably done for.

If the Cavs dont win all they do is come back absolutely loaded next year with the experience under the belts........

i dunno....whatever at this point

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't mean they're done for.

It just mean that their 2014-2015 NBA season was a failure.

Not hard to understand

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if by "bust" you really mean "dissapointed" - i mean - i can see that they would be dissapointed not to win it all.....but to me title OR bust means- thats it folks...that was your shot- you blew it, parties over....

like last year for the Heat sure looks like it was title or bust now that we look back...parties over.....the party in cleveland has just begun though.....this isnt even like the party--- this is like, drink a beer in the shower while getting ready

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess i dont agree with the definition of what it is to you guys....like if the Cavs dont win it this year- i dont see them being done for

now if the Spurs dont win- and Duncan is a year older, Ginobili is really slowing down, Pop is really old- I can see it as title or BUST- because the OR part- if they dont win- they are probably done for.

If the Cavs dont win all they do is come back absolutely loaded next year with the experience under the belts........

i dunno....whatever at this point

:L Title or bust doesn't mean "done for." It means that you're expected to win it that year and don't. The Heat were expected to win all 4 years that Lebron was there. They didn't win twice. It didn't mean they were "done for", it just meant they didn't get the job done that year.

Title or bust doesn't necessarily mean old guys trying to get 1 last title run like when the Lakers added Karl Malone and Gary Payton to Kobe and Shaq.

It means a team that has been together and is expected to win that year, regardless of the ages of the players.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I just say..." Fucktardery " has had me with the giggles for the last 15 mins:pound:.

SportsHoopla lexicon is the greatest!

i gotta say that if you need a giggle or two after a hard day's work at the office the Hoop's a good place to find a chuckle...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shiiiiiiiiiiiit. he just signed a 5 year extension that does not even kick in till next year....and Gilbert is not el cheapo like Arison.....

and the Spurs are 2-3 years from being toast

the Lakers out of those 3 teams will probably have the most success within the next 5 years--- it might still be 3 years before the Lakers crawl out of the sludge- but as long as they dont try and rush things they will be fine

I love that they are being patient and drafted Randle and will get another top 5 pick......thats what you NEED to do unless you just luck out big time in free agency which is extremely rare- and sometimes when you do get what you think you wanted- it doesnt always work (see the Bricks)

hold up, you think Arison is cheap? lol wait'll Turnip/Flauge/punchline sees THIS post...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao Wiggy doesn't even know what "title or bust" means.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all semantics over what "championship or bust" means.

Are the Cavs gunning for a title this year? Yes. Should they be satisfied with anything less this season? No.

BUT... Is the season a complete failure if they don't win the title? Absolutely not. Especially since this is year #1. I say the same thing about the Heat the first year with LeBron. They were gunning for the title and they were bitterly disappointed when they failed to do that. But in my opinion that season was a success, once the end of the season came and you looked back on it. They failed to reach their end goal but they accomplished a hell of a lot on the way.

Also... I agree with Wiggy that people are changing their tune on the Cavs back and forth. If you really hate the Cavs of course you have to build up the "championship or bust" theme. That way you can crucify them if they don't... and don't have to give much credit if they do.

Fine. Just don't fall victim to the temptation to criticize them when they're struggling and talk about how they clearly aren't a title contender.

Either have the balls to declare them a pretender and stick with it... or keep beating the "championship or bust" drum. You can't have that cake and eat it too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all semantics over what "championship or bust" means.

Are the Cavs gunning for a title this year? Yes. Should they be satisfied with anything less this season? No.

BUT... Is the season a complete failure if they don't win the title? Absolutely not. Especially since this is year #1. I say the same thing about the Heat the first year with LeBron. They were gunning for the title and they were bitterly disappointed when they failed to do that. But in my opinion that season was a success, once the end of the season came and you looked back on it. They failed to reach their end goal but they accomplished a hell of a lot on the way.

Also... I agree with Wiggy that people are changing their tune on the Cavs back and forth. If you really hate the Cavs of course you have to build up the "championship or bust" theme. That way you can crucify them if they don't... and don't have to give much credit if they do.

Fine. Just don't fall victim to the temptation to criticize them when they're struggling and talk about how they clearly aren't a title contender.

Either have the balls to declare them a pretender and stick with it... or keep beating the "championship or bust" drum. You can't have that cake and eat it too.

I don't think you know what championship or bust means either. Saying they are championship or bust and saying they will bust, isn't calling them a pretender. It's saying you don't think they'll win the championship. No one one here is saying that the Cavs aren't contenders. In fact, saying that it's championship or bust for them is saying that they are contenders.

You should know this from when you were a Heat fan from 2010-2014. :nod:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hold up, you think Arison is cheap? lol wait'll Turnip/Flauge/punchline sees THIS post...

Wiggy still chooses to believe that LeBron was upset over the Miller amnesty, hence these crazy comments.
Arison is anything but cheap.
Not tying up 14-15M in Mike Miller last season doesn't make you cheap, it makes you smart.
In year 1 of Heat Big 3 Miller was supposed to be our 3 pt threat ( instead he was injured).
Last season Riley had added Battier, Lewis, still had James Jones and some other guy who is a pretty fair shooter named Ray Allen.