• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perk to Cleveland

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Heat fans consider 2011 a bust? I remember Heat fans celebrating winning 14 playoff games.

I personally, felt it was a 'fun' season, but it was a bust because if the Heat don't start celebrating so early in game 2 and blow that huge lead, they probably win the series.

That being said, my opinion is that if they did win in year 1, then they would have not won in year 2.
They were on a mission after that year 1 loss, similar to what the Spurs mindset was last year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Lebron 3 years at the top. He will be 33. Guys like Anthony Davis are coming for that title of 'best player on the planet.' Anthony Davis is early 20s.. It won't be long. Hell, Lebron had a hell of a run, but he better start collecting those titles, because to be considered anywhere in the same breath as Jordan, you better be holding up at least 5.

Based on nothing but my opinion, I don't see James playing past his mid 30's.
That would be nearly half his life in the NBA.
His portfolio is so diversified that he will stay more than busy and can earn more $$ off the court then on.
Plus, based on his childhood, I imagine he will want to be a huge part of his children s life growing up.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 is a bust now in 2015. But in 2010 Miami had been to one finals and had one title in championship history. They 2011 team was the second best team in Miami Heat history at the time. I didn't consider it a bust at all at the time. Although, Lebron's disappearing act and Miami's inability to break down a zone with Jason Kidd and Deshaun Stevenson controlling the top part was infuriating. Seriously, Kidd was 56 in the series.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For as great as Dirk was in that series, DWade actually lead that series in points. He was absolutely amazing, his last truly great finals. The sad part was just how horribly epic LeBron failed in that finals. I think that finals performance has fueled him the last few, because last year he was the only Heat player that decided to show up at all from games 3-5.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For as great as Dirk was in that series, DWade actually lead that series in points. He was absolutely amazing, his last truly great finals. The sad part was just how horribly epic LeBron failed in that finals. I think that finals performance has fueled him the last few, because last year he was the only Heat player that decided to show up at all from games 3-5.

thats def a good point-shit- the last time the city of Cleveland had a team in a championship series was the Cavs in '07- and tahts the only time the Cavs ever made the Finals.....the Indians were 1 game from the World Series in '07- but if you want to go to the last time before that a Cleveland team made it was the Indians in '97 and '95......I will tell ya- if the Cavs make the Finals there are going to be a lot of very happy fans in Cleveland- that is for sure- if they win it? --- it could get ugly....

it wouldnt be like if the Browns won the Super Bowl...to quote Frank Underwood- if that happened- Cry 'Havoc!' said he who fought chaos with chaos, and let slip the dogs of war"..lol....the city would descend into madness for a couple weeks...

if the Cavs win it all- it will definitely be crazy to break the streak thats been going since '64....but it wont be like if the Browns did it...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,528.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted Larry Sanders, LOL.

Now.....he's claiming Perk is halfway decent? When he said he sucked when he played for his other team, the Thunder?

Comedy gold!!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted Larry Sanders, LOL.

Now.....he's claiming Perk his halfway decent? When he said he sucked when he played for his other team, the Thunder?

Comedy gold!!!!

i know you live in a fantasy world, but please show me where I said Perkins was halfway decent....hes the Cavs 4th big and an enforcer that will matchup against other big slow centers....thats what he is good for

DJ...i think that this basketball season is seriously sending you over the edge....I realize its difficult to deal with...but pull it together man! LOL

let go of the hate! jumpon the bandwagon!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't jump on bandwagon's like your frontrunning ass does.
where is my quote saying perk is great? lol....cmon....back up your claim! show me who is boss!!!

and seriously- how do you embed videos? I just had that AMAZING one of Kobe on kimmel and couldnt do it.....

hey- i think you owe GandG an apology to for disparaging his bucks earlyin the season and saying how much better the Lakers would be.....at least OWN IT MAN!!!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 is a bust now in 2015. But in 2010 Miami had been to one finals and had one title in championship history. They 2011 team was the second best team in Miami Heat history at the time. I didn't consider it a bust at all at the time. Although, Lebron's disappearing act and Miami's inability to break down a zone with Jason Kidd and Deshaun Stevenson controlling the top part was infuriating. Seriously, Kidd was 56 in the series.

It was a bust then too. You're just 4 years late catching up to the rest of us. :lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is straddling the fence as only a "hog hunter" can.

For the love of...GAAAAAAWD!

Please don't resurrect the " Hog Hunter ":eek:.

TF12,

I call for a ban on all former F**nation feuds and references to disturbing catch-phrases :lol:.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm....that's a lifetime of success for fans of some Teams.

* slips away to cry away from prying eyes *

TF12,

I call for a ban on all former F**nation feuds and references to disturbing catch-phrases :lol:.

k, THAT sounds like it could be trouble...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't jump on bandwagon's like your frontrunning ass does.
cmooooooooooooooooon DJ...you know you want to! now with Rose out....the path is even a little bit clearer........cmon buddy!!!!

you just have to let go of the hate.....it will free you....you will be happier.....people will recognize the bounce in your step and the smile you give the barrista when you are getting your starbucks in the morning...the unbridled joy in your jaunt when you stop to pump gas into your corolla...that little twinkle in your eye will be on full display for every commuter that rides that your bus!

you know they say love and hate are very closely related emotions.....i think you have a closeted case of Cleveland Cavs fever. Let it out for the world to see! Captain Dan G. will let you into the family!

in the words of Nick Gilbert.."whats not to like?"

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TF12,

I'll take that under advisement. Although, if hog hunter means what I think it does, I can see where it would have some humorous applications. :lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k, THAT sounds like it could be trouble...

It is...and it's DISTURBING

I'll take that under advisement. Although, if hog hunter means what I think it does, I can see where it would have some humorous applications. :lol:

Readers Digest version:

....One of WiggyRuss's Man crushes, either Kyrie or Westbrook, I can't remember which, had a spectacular game a year or so back and Russ went on a rant of EPIC proportions...

Some how the rant turned to...metaphor? And the player's exploits morphed into a strange fantasy-like tale of Alpha-male domination.

The gist of it was:

Westbrook/Kyrie is a superior man and walked into the other squads Lockerroom, dropped trousers, laid his huge " Hog" on the table, and the opposing players fled in fear of his manly-ness:nutswing:.

Yes, I'm serious...:eek:

Russ was so excited that he actually typed up this story and posted it.

I had done a pretty good job of pretending it didn't happen until DJ brought it back to the forefront of my memory.

Alas...Russ the " Hog Hunter" was born.

This type of thing was actually common place on F**nation.

Is there any wonder why that place imploded?:rip:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is...and it's DISTURBING

Readers Digest version:

....One of WiggyRuss's Man crushes, either Kyrie or Westbrook, I can't remember which, had a spectacular game a year or so back and Russ went on a rant of EPIC proportions...

Some how the rant turned to...metaphor? And the player's exploits morphed into a strange fantasy-like tale of Alpha-male domination.

The gist of it was:

Westbrook/Kyrie is a superior man and walked into the other squads Lockerroom, dropped trousers, laid his huge " Hog" on the table, and the opposing players fled in fear of his manly-ness:nutswing:.

Yes, I'm serious...:eek:

Russ was so excited that he actually typed up this story and posted it.

I had done a pretty good job of pretending it didn't happen until DJ brought it back to the forefront of my memory.

Alas...Russ the " Hog Hunter" was born.

This type of thing was actually common place on F**nation.

Is there any wonder why that place imploded?:rip:

:lol: I wish I could say I was surprised that Wiggy wrote something like that.

And it was most definitely NOT what I thought it was.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I wish I could say I was surprised that Wiggy wrote something like that.

And it was most definitely NOT what I thought it was.

I actually think she hit the nail on the head with that explanation.

Back then I was backing RW a lot- and the same skepticism taht Kyrie is met with was brought against RW......clearly I have been totally vindicated on that one

The Thunder shoulda traded him for Rondo a long time ago right DJ? LOL

Perhaps if the time is ever right, and correct circumstances present themselves, the planets align, I will unretire the bit.

hey...id rather keep it light and humerous rather than picking over and cherry picking box scores to try and make the dominate Cavs look bad and embarrass myself doing it like SOOOOME people (when I say some I really mean probably just one)...