• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perk to Cleveland

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I have said that I don't think they'll win it. You can ask any Heat fan on here, I also said that the Heat wouldn't win the title in their first season either.

However, that did not change the fact that it was title or bust for the Heat, just as it doesn't change the fact that it's title or bust for the Cavs. Lebron has put the target on the Cavs back, just like he did the Heat.

how was it title or bust for the Heat? they ended up with 3 more trips to the Finals and wonit 2 times!

Like this year for the Spurs- i could see- Duncan might retire- Pop is old as all hell- if they dont win it all its probably title or bust

even Memphis- Randolph is getting old, Gasol's contract is up....if they dont win it all, its probably title or bust

but the Cavs are freaking set to go on a run...

i dunno...we just must have very different ideas of what "title or bust" are....

to me, title or bust is when this is it- your going all out, and this is your shot and you better get it done because you might not get another shot.

i guess we have different definitions of what title or bust are....and thats fine.....to each their own...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are you gonna shit or get off the pot with this years Cavs?

Are they a Championship Team or not?

You keep giving yourself an out.
Wiggy just likes to talk smack.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so wait a minute...you dont think the Cavs will win it all- i have said multiple times- and have not wavered at all- that I dont think they will win it all...but I am going to get "skewered" if they dont win it all?

You're going to get skewered because of your over the top, ridiculous homerism, your inability to admit that you were wrong and your constant attempts to change the parameters of a debate when you are proven wrong.

Additionally, there were some Heat fans that didn't think they'd win the title in their first season (if memory serves, flauge, turnup and maybe bks were among them), but they also knew that Lebron had put the title or bust target on them and embraced it, rather than making up excuses in advance.

Compare and contrast that to you. Lebron has put the title or bust target on the Cavs backs and you're making excuses in February for them not winning a championship series that won't take place until June.

If I were a Cavs fan, I'd be demanding that you find another team.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
change it from what? the Cavs being "title or bust"? or the coach thing? or the continuity thing? i dont exactly follow when you dont specify

If it makes you feel any better, My question was answered:pound:.

You are saying they have all the tools to win.

But, they won't because their chemistry is not right.

I agree.

I think the confusion on your stance is because of your Kyrie the Great love sonnets.

If he is as great as you believe, Kyrie + Bron should = Chip.

I think he has a chance to be everything you claim and more. But, he's not there yet.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to get skewered because of your over the top, ridiculous homerism, your inability to admit that you were wrong and your constant attempts to change the parameters of a debate when you are proven wrong.

Additionally, there were some Heat fans that didn't think they'd win the title in their first season (if memory serves, flauge, turnup and maybe bks were among them), but they also knew that Lebron had put the title or bust target on them and embraced it, rather than making up excuses in advance.

Compare and contrast that to you. Lebron has put the title or bust target on the Cavs backs and you're making excuses in February for them not winning a championship series that won't take place until June.

If I were a Cavs fan, I'd be demanding that you find another team.

wait a minute...one minute you accuse me of blind homerism- but wouldnt blind homerism being saying they are going to win no matter what?

I mean- i thought you had a good point when you said in your post- that the Cavs dont have continuity- and that continuity is a big thing- and that in year 2 or 3 they have a lot better chance than in year 1.....

and am not trying tobe a dick when i seriously ask you what your definition of "championship or bust is"

i told you mine- when you go all out to win because you might not get another shot- and said like the Spurs this year- with Duncan maybe retiring, and pop so old- i could see them going "championship or bust"...or the Griz if they think Gasol might leave and with Randolph declining....but the Cavs who are set up big time going forward? I mean....like i said- we must have different definitions.....

When i read your post it was like everything i was trying to say- you put it more articulately than i ever could have when you said

Great points. The Heat situation worked because you had 3 experienced star players who went in knowing what was going to be required of them for it to work. One of them, Wade, even already had experience with making room for another superstar in order to win a title. They also all had at least some playoff experience with Lebron having been to the finals. Even with that, they weren't able to capture a title in their first season together.

In Cleveland, you have 3 star players coming together and one of them has experience making room for other star players to win a title. That's where the similarities end. Love and Kyrie have zero playoff experience and zero experience with making room for other stars.

Assuming they stay together, I think they will figure it out and probably even win a title or 2. I just don't think it will be this year.

and I sure HOPE the Cavs win it all- but i try and be at least a LITTLE objective and make room for the fact that other really talented teams have been together- and while i think the Cavs have just a ton of talent- they havent been together- and thats a real obstacle as you so eloquently put it.

if there is something i did to offend i sincerely apologize...i guess i just dont get it

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel any better, My question was answered:pound:.

You are saying they have all the tools to win.

But, they won't because their chemistry is not right.

I agree.

I think the confusion on your stance is because of your Kyrie the Great love sonnets.

If he is as great as you believe, Kyrie + Bron should = Chip.

I think he has a chance to be everything you claim and more. But, he's not there yet.

Oh Kyrie is gonna get 2-3 before he is 28 years old dont get me wrong...i just dont necesarily think it will be this year..it COULD be...but next year- as long as nothing unexpected happens in the off season, i will give you guys a personal RUSSOLICIOUS guarantee that the Cavs win it all- and if they dont win then - skewer away....theres no reason that after a whole season and a playoff run of being together- and with Blatt learning the league and tendencies and how to put together NBA rotations, they shouldnt win it all with this talent...this year though they are just learning eachother and Blatt - especially in the West- goes into gamse without even having seen most of these - let alone know their ins andouts and what not

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
change it from what? the Cavs being "title or bust"? or the coach thing? or the continuity thing? i dont exactly follow when you dont specify

The post you responded to pointed out that the '79-'80 Lakers were led to the title by a player who was a rookie and a head coach was also a rookie.

You responded with some b.s. about talent. The talent is assumed because you don't win a title without it.

It's also assumed that by turning over 50% of the roster, it was to upgrade the talent (see above point about talent being needed to win titles).

When you posted your question about a team fitting the criteria that you laid out and still won a title, you didn't think that such a team existed. It blew up in your face and, as usual, your response was deflection, goalpost moving and changing the subject.

I sure hope you're not really trying to be a lawyer. I see a lot of contempt of court fines and "stick to the point counselor" in your future.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he does...lol

I find him comical and entertaining.

But, I'd probably feel differently if it where my Team * Heat* or Organization * Heat, Lakers, Knicks* that he tries to roast daily.

I love Kobe.....I rooted for the Lakers big time over the shit bag Celtics and that c-sucker Garnett......i do think Buss is in over his head- but I have always loved Kobe- my brothers cat that came to live with me is named after Kobe for shitsake!!! LOL....

but yes- i hate the Knicks with a passion as well as the Heat.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Kyrie is gonna get 2-3 before he is 28 years old dont get me wrong...i just dont necesarily think it will be this year..it COULD be...but next year- as long as nothing unexpected happens in the off season, i will give you guys a personal RUSSOLICIOUS guarantee that the Cavs win it all- and if they dont win then - skewer away....theres no reason that after a whole season and a playoff run of being together- and with Blatt learning the league and tendencies and how to put together NBA rotations, they shouldnt win it all with this talent...this year though they are just learning eachother and Blatt - especially in the West- goes into gamse without even having seen most of these - let alone know their ins andouts and what not

He getting traded to the Lakers, Heat or Spurs? :whistle:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He getting traded to the Lakers, Heat or Spurs? :whistle:

shiiiiiiiiiiiit. he just signed a 5 year extension that does not even kick in till next year....and Gilbert is not el cheapo like Arison.....

and the Spurs are 2-3 years from being toast

the Lakers out of those 3 teams will probably have the most success within the next 5 years--- it might still be 3 years before the Lakers crawl out of the sludge- but as long as they dont try and rush things they will be fine

I love that they are being patient and drafted Randle and will get another top 5 pick......thats what you NEED to do unless you just luck out big time in free agency which is extremely rare- and sometimes when you do get what you think you wanted- it doesnt always work (see the Bricks)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta admit finding that post of yours was pure gold

Uh, no it wasn't. I have always said that I don't think they'll win the title. Just because I don't think they'll win it, doesn't mean it's not title or bust for them. It just means that I think they'll bust.

The Heat were title or bust all 4 years. The busted twice and won twice. The Cavs are going to be title or bust until Lebron leaves or gets old. I think they will bust this year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no it wasn't. I have always said that I don't think they'll win the title. Just because I don't think they'll win it, doesn't mean it's not title or bust for them. It just means that I think they'll bust.

The Heat were title or bust all 4 years. The busted twice and won twice. The Cavs are going to be title or bust until Lebron leaves or gets old. I think they will bust this year.

dude cmon now- that post said the main crux of my whole argument- the Cavs dont have the continuity yet taht the Heat had when they won their titles---

like i said- I think the Cavs are as talented as anyone- probably more so- maybe the only team that has MORE talent might be GSW- with Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Bogut, Green, ....but how can you not say that playing together for a couple years is not a big deal? in basketball its HUGE....and if there are two teams with simlar talent- im picking the one thats been together every time- its that simple

you know that- you said it yourself! everyone knows that

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Kobe.....I rooted for the Lakers big time over the shit bag Celtics and that c-sucker Garnett......i do think Buss is in over his head- but I have always loved Kobe- my brothers cat that came to live with me is named after Kobe for shitsake!!! LOL....

Smartest thing you've ever posted. :nod:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lesser person would ask if the kitty came from Colorado....:angel: