• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots 2019 Draft Thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, it's a link.......I did it!!!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK BB.........package 'em and move up to get Hockenson.

TE is main focus now. There will never be another Dronk, so let's find something as close as possible.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK BB.........package 'em and move up to get Hockenson.

TE is main focus now. There will never be another Dronk, so let's find something as close as possible.

I would love love love to get Hockenson. He may go top 10. I know we have a shit load of picks. Would take a lot to get him I think.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this before Gronk announced his retirement. I'll be happy with Hockenson, Fant, or Irv Smith.

I'll rely on BB and his staff to figure out which one best suits the next chapter of NE football and at what cost?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the Pats packaging a bunch of pick to move up there are plenty of potentially good TEs in this draft and the Pats have shown they can win without Gronk. Sit tight and grab Smith from Bama, then package and grab Butler from the Cyclones if he is not gone round 1

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there is team interest in Kaden Smith TE Stanford 6' 5" tall 250lbs, runs well, snatchers ball from air, played a Smart Kid School. The Pats like to double down on positions and with the depth at TE and all the picks I can see them taking two TEs this year

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there is team interest in Kaden Smith TE Stanford 6' 5" tall 250lbs, runs well, snatchers ball from air, played a Smart Kid School. The Pats like to double down on positions and with the depth at TE and all the picks I can see them taking two TEs this year

With all the good tight ends it seems very logical. This looks like a good draft - if you don't need a QB.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes it to the 3rd round I'd double up, assuming NE gets one of the top 3 in the first?

This scouting report wasn't glowing.
Kaden Smith TE Stanford - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network

I see some predictions of him going early to late 60s?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him but like everybody in this draft - he's not Gronk.....

We may never see another Gronk in our lifetime.

If they get Hockenson, Fant or Smith this could be like when NE first got AH. They could run a couple double TE packages with an AH like (minus the psychotic killer part) H back. Even though this report says don't expect much from him in that position.

BB will find something no one is expecting to replace Gronk.

I had been thinking especially after they signed Bolden again:rolleyes2: NE could be getting ready for some run heavy offense with multiple looks of TE/S, FB, H and or Tail Backs...

NE has the rest of FA and 12 picks to have a very exciting offseason if they so choose?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes it to the 3rd round I'd double up, assuming NE gets one of the top 3 in the first?

This scouting report wasn't glowing.
Kaden Smith TE Stanford - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network

I see some predictions of him going early to late 60s?

I would take a TE in round one then look again see what is there in round 3. Round two I would target a WR or DT

I like him but like everybody in this draft - he's not Gronk.....

The one thing IMO that separated Gronk from all other TEs was his willingness to block. The college game does not always use their TEs in this manner at least not as much as the NFL. That being said it's teachable and I think most top tier TEs in this class can do that.

We also need to remember the Pats just signed LaCossee a pass cathing TE and on the current roster are Jacob Hollister, Stepehen Anderson and Ryan Izzo if any of these three are solid blockers it may lessen the need to draft a blocking TE or at least affords the ability to wait until the very late rounds 5 thru 7.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Izzo looked like he could be a real asset as a blocker from the little we saw of him before he got hurt. It's going to take a group effort...Gronk was a generational talent, you just can't replace that with one guy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Izzo looked like he could be a real asset as a blocker from the little we saw of him before he got hurt. It's going to take a group effort...Gronk was a generational talent, you just can't replace that with one guy.

One might not understand Belichick if you think that the only tool in his toolbag is the one you have seen....

Stay tuned.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a
Patriots show interest in two of the draft’s top wide receiver prospects

New England needs more wide receiver talent.
By Bernd Buchmasser@BerndBuchmasser Mar 29, 2019, 8:20pm EDT

SharePatriots show interest in two of the draft’s top wide receiver prospects

1029438264.jpg.0.jpg
Photo by Wesley Hitt/Getty Images
There is no denying it: the New England Patriots need to find a way to upgrade their group of pass catchers, especially following the retirement of Rob Gronkowski. While Julian Edelman is still one of the toughest matchups in the NFL and Phillip Dorsett an experienced depth option, the player surrounding the two are mostly unproven in the Patriots’ notoriously challenging offensive system.

The best way to add affordable talent at this point is via the draft, and it sure look as if the Patriots have their sights set on receivers. According to reports, the team will hold pre-draft visits with three wideouts so far: Notre Dame’s Miles Boykin will visit the team, as was reported on Wednesday, as will Mississippi’s A.J. Brown and Arizona State’s N’Keal Harry — the Patriots showing interest in the latter two was first mentioned today.

Patriots pre-draft tracker: All of New England’s interviews, workouts and meetings[/paste:font]
Both Brown and Harry will likely come off the board early, either at the tail end of round one or with the first few picks of the second. New England, of course, has plenty of ammunition in this part of the draft: all in all, the reigning world champions own six selections within the first 101 picks in the draft. This, in turn, gives them plenty of flexibility to move around the board and in a position to potentially target either Brown or Harry.

And why wouldn’t they, considering that there is plenty to like about the two despite their different next-level-outlooks? While Brown will likely serve as a bigger slot receiver in the NFL, Harry projects to be a classic X in the mold of currently suspended Patriots receiver Josh Gordon. Needless to say therefore that both would be solid additions in their own right as young, high-upside players to challenge the existing depth and possibly carve out prominent roles from day one onward.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another participant mock in the books

1.32 Irv Smith, Jr., TE, Alabama
2.20 Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
2.32 Zach Allen, DE, Boston College
3.09 J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford
3.37 Josh Oliver, TE, San Jose St.
4.10 Max Scharping, OT, Northern Illinois
5.35 Armon Watts, DT, Arkansas
6.32 Anthony Ratliff-Williams, WR, North Carolina
7.25 Jacob Dolegala, QB, Central Connecticut State
7.29 Jordan Miller, CB, Washington
7.32 Cody Barton, LB, Utah
7.38 Dexter Williams, RB, Notre Dame

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I cannot see Oliver being there in the third

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill

AND............2 undrafted free agents who will be starters by Thanksgiving.