• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots 2019 Draft Thread

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he considers that having the decision makers all to himself on another day is doing whatever it takes to get the job.
Sure Stretch Armstrong that makes sense.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that a stretch? You really think if when interviewing for a job you had the choice between getting 10 minutes in front of the decision makers in the same room with every other candidate there, or an hour by yourself, that choosing the latter makes NO sense at all?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that a stretch? You really think if when interviewing for a job you had the choice between getting 10 minutes in front of the decision makers in the same room with every other candidate there, or an hour by yourself, that choosing the latter makes NO sense at all?

I think if I am interviewing for a job I am not going to present myself in such a manner as to limit my possibility to get the job. I am going to answer every question, perform every task, be as prepares as I possibly can and do all I can, all that is possible to ensure I am going to get the job. I am not going to apply limits to myself, I am not going to give my employer any reasonable doubt what-so-ever.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's nice. Doesn't answer my question, though.
It does answer the (loaded) question you attempted to have me or anyone answer.

You're basically rationalizing not taking every opportunity available to land and extremely lucrative position.

I'm making it perfectly clear that if you trust your skill sets and know you are the most or well qualified for the position you do all you can to make certain there is no doubt.

You posing loaded question isn't going to work with me.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your way is the only right way, and even if I agree that your way is the better way, if I can still see the possibility that someone else might have a different opinion on the subject, I'm the one who's out of touch with reality. Got it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your way is the only right way, and even if I agree that your way is the better way, if I can still see the possibility that someone else might have a different opinion on the subject, I'm the one who's out of touch with reality. Got it.

Did anyone say you were out of touch with reality? If loaded question don't work whining damn sure won't work. Don't put words in my mouth, if I want to tell you you are out of touch with reality believe me that will be perfectly clear to you.

I get that we have varying opinions, I get that we don't agree I am cool with that I am just expressing how I feel about it.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, the "Stretch Armstrong" pejorative was just a friendly nod to my TB-like pliability, right?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys......Remember a guy by the name of Edelman? He was drafted out of Kent State as a QB. Everyone was snickering at BB because Edelman wasn't even on the same ship as Brady or anyone else in that class. Thing was, Belichick had a long interview with him and JE told Bill that he wanted to be another Troy Brown. That was all BB had to hear, the rest is Patriots lore.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys......Remember a guy by the name of Edelman? He was drafted out of Kent State as a QB. Everyone was snickering at BB because Edelman wasn't even on the same ship as Brady or anyone else in that class. Thing was, Belichick had a long interview with him and JE told Bill that he wanted to be another Troy Brown. That was all BB had to hear, the rest is Patriots lore.
It's truly a great story. But Edelman was a project that took a few years to develop. NE/TB don't have that luxury this time around.
They need to find a proven mid level WR. If the JJ deal works that would be awesome. I just don't see that happening.
Having said that BB appears to love JJ, and why shouldn't he? BB is willing to pay for certain players.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you are referring to Murray you have to remember he is being projected as a round 1 potential top 10 pick. Not sure using that pick on a project makes a lot of sense.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are referring to Murray you have to remember he is being projected as a round 1 potential top 10 pick. Not sure using that pick on a project makes a lot of sense.

If Murray goes in the first round, it will NOT be the Patriots that select him. BB and Caserio as well as Josh will not put a 5'10" QB behind an offensive line that averages 6'4". Too much height to see over and throw over.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Murray goes in the first round, it will NOT be the Patriots that select him. BB and Caserio as well as Josh will not put a 5'10" QB behind an offensive line that averages 6'4". Too much height to see over and throw over.
I agree 150,000%

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a legitimate concern, but OTOH, Seattle's OL's are all 6-4 or taller and they manage to make it work with Russ. If they decide the guy's a good enough thrower of the football, I'd trust McD to figure out how to tailor the offense to Murray. And if they lose Brown that knocks about 6 inches off the LT spot lol.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a NE Patriot type. Simple as that Any QB or other position who declares himself to be a franchise anything is not a BB type of guy. Egos are not allowed at Gillette.