• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots 2019 Draft Thread

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking they get a 3rd for Solder they should get a 3rd for him. Little chance they re-sign him after he saw what the Giants paid Nate last year.
Little chance given what you stated and having Wynn.

Assuming the 3 materializes, they traded a 2018 3rd for a 2018 6th (though it's closer to a 1 round differential with 37 or 38 slots between the two) and a 2020 3rd plus had Brown playing great ball for the year... That's crazy.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want them to try and get Brady's "replacement" in Kyler Murray? He can be a mobile QB as well as he rushed for 1,001 yards and 12 TDs.... I think the Patriots would do well with a semi decent running QB. Now obviously they have done just fine without one but let's face it, the league is getting faster and putting more emphasis on sacking the QB, a Mobile QB is needed.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woud be cool with taking Murray at 32 if he fell that far but I imagine he’ll be gone before that and I don’t think I’d trade up for him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woud be cool with taking Murray at 32 if he fell that far but I imagine he’ll be gone before that and I don’t think I’d trade up for him.

Yeah, I wouldn't trade up for him either.. Just hope he is still there... The Patriots really do need to draft Brady's replacement soon...

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to force it this year, we’ve got TB12 for one more year. This draft class isn’t great, if they find someone they like great. But next year’s class could potentially be great, I’d be trying to push some assets to 2020 to try and make a run at one of those guys.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct no need to rush it or reach for a QB. Worst case when Brady hangs them up you go find a FA.
With these last few years it's time to put a supporting team around him.
NE should be in a good place with all last years rookies coming off the IR and likely 12 picks this year.
No way BB uses them all so for arguement sake I'll say he uses 12 picks. The other four will be used to move up or for more future picks.
With such a heavily rated D class NE needs to load up there. Minus the last month of the season the D was questionable at best. Take best available D player each round they go D in. NE has holes everywhere on the D they can afford to take best available.
Of the 8 picks I say use 3 on the offensive side. Get one of those stud TEs with the first or second pick. An OL best available in that round. Use one pick on a WR.
I just saw 6 projected drafts and 5 of the 5 had NE taking a WR with their 1st pick:scratch: there is a lot or WR talent this year. I hope they don't use a first here. With TB it seems to be so much about chemistry I'm not sure I'd run the risk of using the top pick there.

Having said all that so much depends on FA.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want them to try and get Brady's "replacement" in Kyler Murray? He can be a mobile QB as well as he rushed for 1,001 yards and 12 TDs.... I think the Patriots would do well with a semi decent running QB. Now obviously they have done just fine without one but let's face it, the league is getting faster and putting more emphasis on sacking the QB, a Mobile QB is needed.
That would be the definition of zigging as everyone else is zigging. BB zags.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Me, don't want a Dwarf at QB.

And he is already talking about not throwing at combine. If you know you can make the throws you throw.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Me, don't want a Dwarf at QB.

And he is already talking about not throwing at combine. If you know you can make the throws you throw.

He is? Why? Why would he not?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is? Why? Why would he not?
That is what I am wondering, why would he not throw knowing he has got to prove himself. I read yesterday where his not throwing is a consideration, I suspect it's agent motivated. But IMO it show a lack of confidence.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I am wondering, why would he not throw knowing he has got to prove himself. I read yesterday where his not throwing is a consideration, I suspect it's agent motivated. But IMO it show a lack of confidence.

Then what else can he do? He's a QB for crying out loud

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interviews, weigh-ins, jumps, 40...there's still plenty for them to do besides the field drills. A lot of top QB prospects have skipped throwing at the combine and opted to do it at their pro days instead. If there's one thing about Murray nobody should have a question about at this point is whether he can throw the football or not. Throwing at the combine is more important for guys who have questions about their arm strength and accuracy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what else can he do? He's a QB for crying out loud
I get it but it's been done before. Wants to have less opportunity for error, they have to throw at their Pro Day and if called in by a team I guess it just decreases the chance to exploit a weakness

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interviews, weigh-ins, jumps, 40...there's still plenty for them to do besides the field drills. A lot of top QB prospects have skipped throwing at the combine and opted to do it at their pro days instead. If there's one thing about Murray nobody should have a question about at this point is whether he can throw the football or not. Throwing at the combine is more important for guys who have questions about their arm strength and accuracy.
I don't agree there are throws QBs have to make in the Pros that they may not in their college career. Again if you think you can make the throw no reason to be scared.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the assumption that deferring throwing at the combine is an indication of fear. If you've seen him play, you know he's got plenty of arm and touch to make NFL caliber throws, so the only real question is can he do it from under center with NFL pass rushers coming at him and his receivers covered by NFL DB's, none of which is going to be answered by him tossing a few passes in gym shorts in a completely controlled environment. You want to argue that throwing at the combine is important for him in particular because he should take the opportunity to prove to he's all-in on football, that would be a valid point. But the assumption if he decides to do it another day means he's afraid is just, well, weird. Did you say Sam Darnold was afraid when he didn't throw at the combine last year? Didn't seem to hurt his draft stock much, and he certainly had some questions about his throwing ability (accuracy and decision making) at this point a year ago.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the assumption that deferring throwing at the combine is an indication of fear. If you've seen him play, you know he's got plenty of arm and touch to make NFL caliber throws, so the only real question is can he do it from under center with NFL pass rushers coming at him and his receivers covered by NFL DB's, none of which is going to be answered by him tossing a few passes in gym shorts in a completely controlled environment. You want to argue that throwing at the combine is important for him in particular because he should take the opportunity to prove to he's all-in on football, that would be a valid point. But the assumption if he decides to do it another day means he's afraid is just, well, weird. Did you say Sam Darnold was afraid when he didn't throw at the combine last year? Didn't seem to hurt his draft stock much, and he certainly had some questions about his throwing ability (accuracy and decision making) at this point a year ago.
I've seen him play and I don't agree he can make all the throws and I question how accurate he will be in tight NFL windows and as you said with a heavy rush from under center.

But in the end he will do what's best for him and I am cool with that. But right now he's not a QB I want to see in NE.

And if what you say is true there would be no reason, none for him to avoid throwing. Not a single reason.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it but it's been done before. Wants to have less opportunity for error, they have to throw at their Pro Day and if called in by a team I guess it just decreases the chance to exploit a weakness

True, it has. To me it shows a weakness that a player doesn't do whatever it takes to get a job though

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in the end he will do what's best for him and I am cool with that.
And yet you want to label him a coward for merely considering whether or not he wants to throw at an event that you seem to agree will do nothing to answer your questions about his throwing ability.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, it has. To me it shows a weakness that a player doesn't do whatever it takes to get a job though
Or he considers that having the decision makers all to himself on another day is doing whatever it takes to get the job.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you want to label him a coward for merely considering whether or not he wants to throw at an event that you seem to agree will do nothing to answer your questions about his throwing ability.

Yes I will, I am cool with him taking the cowardly way out, it's not my life. What did you want me to call him, a hero, an opportunist? It is what it is, he does not have to throw and I think it's cowardly not too because it might exploit a weakness. If he was beaming with confidence we would not be having this conversation, now would we?

And let's see what happens first, it was a blurb in an article let's see what he actually does first.