• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Passes for 4900 yards and now he is a free agent

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess for the Broncos it is all about your view of the young QB's and the potential they have going into next season. IF you think they are busts then yes Romo being signed makes sense. If you like the potential of those players to succeed then spending that money on Romo makes little to no sense. That could be money spent on the OL building up a unit to protect these young QB's and maybe more importantly help establish a run game. Romo is going to cost at least $14 million for whoever trades/signs him this upcoming season. Not a bad price for a QB but again that $14 million is 2 quality starting OL players in the league. Let's say we divide that price in half for the RG and RT spot for the Broncos. Well that means they can sign a top-5 RG, and a top-2 RT for those kind of prices. I would rather have those players than Romo.

I think Romo on a one year deal/2 max, is a perfect fit for them, because it doesn't necessarily mean you are throwing in the towel on your young guys

As you know, the window closes so quick in the NFL.......Demaryius/Emmanuel/Talib/Von/Ware/Brandon Marshall, etc.etc.......Before you know it, youre looking at the wrong side of some of their careers, some sooner than others, but it seems to happen almost overnight

if Im the Broncos, my thinking is, "yeah Simeon is a nice player, but is he really leading us to the promiseland?"

I think sky is the limit with 16 healthy games out of Romo with that roster, and a possible CJ Anderson return

Now the health aspect? That's legitimate and a risk Elway will need to weigh

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cousins proved he is a good QB. I also think someone will completely over pay for him and regret it...It's a cap world...

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo would get injured merely contemplating playing behind Denver's O-line.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cousins proved he is a good QB. I also think someone will completely over pay for him and regret it...It's a cap world...

The Skins will

You can set your franchise back years/decades if you just let a franchise valuable QB walk out the door

The Jets have been looking for a QB since Broadway Joe was having sex with every women in NYC

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo on a one year deal/2 max, is a perfect fit for them, because it doesn't necessarily mean you are throwing in the towel on your young guys

As you know, the window closes so quick in the NFL.......Demaryius/Emmanuel/Talib/Von/Ware/Brandon Marshall, etc.etc.......Before you know it, youre looking at the wrong side of some of their careers, some sooner than others, but it seems to happen almost overnight

if Im the Broncos, my thinking is, "yeah Simeon is a nice player, but is he really leading us to the promiseland?"

I think sky is the limit with 16 healthy games out of Romo with that roster, and a possible CJ Anderson return

Now the health aspect? That's legitimate and a risk Elway will need to weigh

That last part is the issue. If you commit big money to Romo then you can't rebuild the OL like you want to. So the risk increases that he doesn't last the season. I guess it is a risk either way but to me I would rather build the OL up with a couple of big signings and see if we can get a run game going to help out one of these young players and see how that opens up the pass game as well.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins will

You can set your franchise back years/decades if you just let a franchise valuable QB walk out the door

The Jets have been looking for a QB since Broadway Joe was having sex with every women in NYC

What, no love for Chad Pennington?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, no love for Chad Pennington?

Yeah, I guess he was pretty solid, but injuries always seemed to derail him every time he seemed to have that franchise heading in the right direction

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins will

No love for Neil O'Donnell

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last part is the issue. If you commit big money to Romo then you can't rebuild the OL like you want to. So the risk increases that he doesn't last the season. I guess it is a risk either way but to me I would rather build the OL up with a couple of big signings and see if we can get a run game going to help out one of these young players and see how that opens up the pass game as well.

If traded for, Romo's current contract is pretty team friendly for whatever team acquires him - considering Dallas would be paying all bonus money due. Romo has base salaries of $14mil in 2017, $19.5mil in 2018, and $20.5mil in 2019 if a team believes Romo is healthy that is a pretty cost effective deal for a QB of Romo's caliber - and he could be cut at any time with no cap ramifications. Unless my understanding of trades and the cap is wrong... I'll do some research.

Some people are talking crazy like Romo might only be worth a 3rd or a 4th - that's ridiculous when you consider Bradford, one of the only QBs injured as often as Romo, fetched a 1st and 4th. Others say that Romo wants an outright release because Dallas may not trade him until post-June 1 due to salary cap ramifications (Romo dead money in 2017 is $19.6mil), thus limiting Romo's potential landing spots.

Personally, I would like to see Dallas trade Romo prior to the draft for something along the lines of a 2017 2nd rounder, or possibly a conditional 2018 1st rounder based on games played. The dead cap hit will suck, but best to take the medicine now while Dallas can afford to absorb the hit with all the young talent still on rookie deals. Dallas will need all the money they can spare in 2018.

Of course this is all predicated on some team believing Romo is healthy, and has just been subject to some really bad luck.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also the guy that could eat up the cap space for the next 3-4 years making it impossible to sign any players to build around him.
Hard to fit having Cousins, Miller, Thomas, Talib, Sanders, and Harris all under the same cap and still have any kind of depth.

It would also be admitting that our 1st round QB is a complete bust and that we have decided to move on from him. I can't see Elway doing that considering he is the one who handpicked the kid.
I hear ya but ultimately you need a QB more than just about any other position so unless you think Lynch is the guy I think getting Cousins wold be more beneficial than signing ANY of the people you listed save Miller

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos/Romo is a match made in heaven for 2017
Ugh. They're gonna need an OL upgrade before that works. Dallas has the best OL in football and they can't keep Tony in one piece

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes

SF? Chicago? Jacksonville? Jets? Arizona?

Jets are really strapped against the Cap so they are probably long shots. The rest have plenty of cap to sign Kirk to a big deal.

Kirk could potentially get $26.5+ mil per yr... $90 million guaranteed. These were the numbers I was hearing yesterday.

Where did you hear that number from? just curious.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is too fragile to invest that amount of money in.

Cousins is competent and can win, but I'd be reluctant to get into a bidding war over him if I was Washington.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If traded for, Romo's current contract is pretty team friendly for whatever team acquires him - considering Dallas would be paying all bonus money due. Romo has base salaries of $14mil in 2017, $19.5mil in 2018, and $20.5mil in 2019 if a team believes Romo is healthy that is a pretty cost effective deal for a QB of Romo's caliber - and he could be cut at any time with no cap ramifications. Unless my understanding of trades and the cap is wrong... I'll do some research.

Some people are talking crazy like Romo might only be worth a 3rd or a 4th - that's ridiculous when you consider Bradford, one of the only QBs injured as often as Romo, fetched a 1st and 4th. Others say that Romo wants an outright release because Dallas may not trade him until post-June 1 due to salary cap ramifications (Romo dead money in 2017 is $19.6mil), thus limiting Romo's potential landing spots.

Personally, I would like to see Dallas trade Romo prior to the draft for something along the lines of a 2017 2nd rounder, or possibly a conditional 2018 1st rounder based on games played. The dead cap hit will suck, but best to take the medicine now while Dallas can afford to absorb the hit with all the young talent still on rookie deals. Dallas will need all the money they can spare in 2018.

Of course this is all predicated on some team believing Romo is healthy, and has just been subject to some really bad luck.

Oh I have looked at his contract plenty. You are right compared to many NFL QB's these days it is a pretty team friendly deal. Here is why I don't want to see the Broncos trade for Tony Romo...

1) While I don't think he fetches as much as you think he will he will still cost the team a decent draft pick. You have to remember that Bradford is still actually under 30 years old. So a team could see if he can stay healthy him being the QB for the next 4-5 years (length of a 1st round pick contract). With Romo teams are hoping for maybe 1 healthy season (that is closer to 5th round or later value. Still for me I would rather see my team build through the draft and see what these young QB's can do.

2) At least for me I would rather spend that $14 million towards the OL. Cowboys are a great example of having a young QB behind a great OL and just how beneficial that can be.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love for Neil O'Donnell

As a Steelers fan, that individual is NEVER mentioned by name. He is referred to as either:
"The Anti-Christ"
or
"Him we do no speak of"

It's one thing to lose a Super Bowl. It's another to lose it like he did. Especially against the cowboys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya but ultimately you need a QB more than just about any other position so unless you think Lynch is the guy I think getting Cousins wold be more beneficial than signing ANY of the people you listed save Miller

I guess have to agree to disagree on QB being our position of need over anything else. While our 2 young QB's didn't light up the scoreboard I would put more of the issues for the team on that of the OL. Build up that OL, paired with this defense and the Broncos should be good to go. They won't be blowing anybody out of the water but should win a lot of games with that formula.