• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packer's week begins.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb is considered our top offensive threat but Nelson is the man at wr. Those numbers are also misleading as Cobb has missed 2.5 games now so of course he will have less numbers at this point than Nelson. When all were healthy Nelson, Cobb and Jones all had around the same numbers and all were on pace for 1000+ yards. As stated injuries are never an excuse as all teams deal with them. Some more than others though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb was our #1 receiver. Matthews is our #1 defender. Plus if Rodgers went down it would be much worse than Cutler going down. Not comparable.

No, Cobb isn't. Jordy is. He sees the other team's #1 CB most weeks. You're only saying that to make it sound like your team is more injured than it really is.

Rodgers is a better QB, but Cutler is just as vital of a piece to the Bears puzzle. Look at what's happened to them in the past when Cutler's missed starts. It's been horrendous.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Cobb isn't. Jordy is. He sees the other team's #1 CB most weeks. You're only saying that to make it sound like your team is more injured than it really is.

Rodgers is a better QB, but Cutler is just as vital of a piece to the Bears puzzle. Look at what's happened to them in the past when Cutler's missed starts. It's been horrendous.

Yes Jordy is our top receiver now but before Cobb's injury Cobb was the top receiver. Not saying Cobb was way better than Jordy but he was being targeted more than Jordy was.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts?

Packers win by double digits on prime time TV.

Duh Bears still suck

That's my thoughts.

My reply is the same , Yea we love boobs. We'll suck those things all night.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Jordy is our top receiver now but before Cobb's injury Cobb was the top receiver. Not saying Cobb was way better than Jordy but he was being targeted more than Jordy was.

:agree:He had more targets, catches, and yards than Nelson before the injury. He was the #1 option in the passing game and moves around between slot and outside so much that teams aren't going to have their #1 DB chasing him around and leaving Jones or Nelson on the outside against subpar cover guys.

C

cubzzzfanincali

"Targets", by themselves, aren't what makes what is commonly referred to as #1 receiver. Richig hit something much closer to correct, which is the # 1 guy is the guy who draws the top corner. In Green Bay's case - even when Cobb was healthy - that was usually Nelson (not always, but usually). Some of that is because Nelson is simply taller, but it is also because he is on balance still the better WR. Cobb is faster, sure, and he has more of his future ahead of him.

If "targets" defined the #1 receiver, many of the league's #1 receivers wouldn't be #1 receivers. Take the famous example this week of the Dallas Cowboys. Terrance Williams may have gotten way more targets, but I can think of a certain someone who might take exception to not being considered the #1 Dallas WR. Tavon Austin is not the #1 receiver on St Louis, Jeffery starting to get more targets than Marshall doesn't make him a #1, Julian Edelman isn't considered the top WR on New England, and so on.

Look, losing Cobb and also possibly not having Jones hurts the Packers. It does. No one would deny that. Being without Finley at the same time really makes them more one dimensional, and it's a problem for them. No kidding. But you would ALWAYS rather lose a couple of receivers than your starting QB (unless you are Minnesota).

Ask yourself honestly...who would you rather be missing? Cobb and Jones or Aaron Rodgers? Yeah, I thought so.

C

cubzzzfanincali

:agree:He had more targets, catches, and yards than Nelson before the injury. He was the #1 option in the passing game and moves around between slot and outside so much that teams aren't going to have their #1 DB chasing him around and leaving Jones or Nelson on the outside against subpar cover guys.

He had a few more targets and catches, but fewer yards, and fewer TDs. Longer passes and more targets in the end zone is a hint.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, he wasn't.

Jordy receives the attention of the opponents #1 CB every week, and he eats up far more attention from opposing defenses.

He's your #1 WR.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you guys somehow managed to beat us we can say the same thing. No Matthews, no Cobb, possibly no Jones, etc.

Uhhhh no.Rodgers would have to be hurt to be able t say the samething.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he wasn't.

Jordy receives the attention of the opponents #1 CB every week, and he eats up far more attention from opposing defenses.

He's your #1 WR.

Jordy is the more prototypical #1 WR for Packers and matches up vs #1 CB, but if you believe he is getting "far more attention" than Cobb I do not think you watch a lot of Packers games.

Cobb is weapon out of slot, backfield and return teams, opponents are always accounting for him. When they do not, he rips off a 60 yard run out of the backfield... ask the Ravens how quickly he gets to the 2nd level.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordy is the more prototypical #1 WR for Packers and matches up vs #1 CB, but if you believe he is getting "far more attention" than Cobb I do not think you watch a lot of Packers games.

Cobb is weapon out of slot, backfield and return teams, opponents are always accounting for him. When they do not, he rips off a 60 yard run out of the backfield... ask the Ravens how quickly he gets to the 2nd level.

That's like saying Devin Hester is a #1 receiver. I guarantee you, opponents account for 23 if he's on the field. Does that mean he's the #1? Of course not.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like saying Devin Hester is a #1 receiver. I guarantee you, opponents account for 23 if he's on the field. Does that mean he's the #1? Of course not.

Read the post... did not say Cobb was #1.

Hester > Cobb on STs
Cobb 3x > Hester on offense

Hester as ST has HOF potential if that door is every opened, however as WR he is big disappointment. Teams do not game plan to stop Hester on offense like they do Cobb.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Bears fans breaking down who the #1 receiver is in the Packers offense. Tomorrow I will begin breaking down what run plays work best for the Bears since I watch so many Bears games

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Bears fans breaking down who the #1 receiver is in the Packers offense. Tomorrow I will begin breaking down what run plays work best for the Bears since I watch so many Bears games

There's nothing to break down. It's not a debate. Nelson gets the oppositions #1 CB and the most attention from opposing secondary's week in and week out.

:L Packers fans don't even know who their #1 WR is. Tomorrow they will begin breaking down how Jay Cutler isn't the Bears #1 QB, because they watch so many Bears games.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson is obviously A Rods #1 target right now. If Tucker doesn't double team him from snap 1 till the end of the game. His head should be put in a noose.
8 men in the box w/ a double on Nelson, seems the way to go, right now.
Make the rook WRs beat you. I don't think they can.
The Bears will have slow down the Packers run game. Which they've shown incompetence in stopping any run game. But w/ a 8 man box I like our chances of slowing it down.
Go Bears.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb or Nelson who cares, AR is the common denominator. Put in 2 rookie wrs and you don't miss a beat.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers may win but they still stink!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Packers fans can even have the discussion about who our #1 receiver is just points out our extreme depth at that position.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Packers fans can even have the discussion about who our #1 receiver is just points out our extreme depth at that position.
It points out AR is all that matters.