• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packer's week begins.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of doom & gloom on this board. Our D sucks . Our QB & best D player out for a period time.
Watched A Rod put up 40+ points on Minny w/ 1 WR. By the way kudos.
Just saying all is not lost YET.
It's still the NFL. Where any given team can win on any given day.
I think the Bears can finally pull 1 out in GB . Despite all the negativity following our team.
Yeah, our D sucks . And no major changes came in the bye week to fix that.
We'll have to win the game w/ STs & O. And a few calls from the officials.
Jay hasn't been good vs GB, so I welcome Josh w/open arms in this game. He will have to be exceptional to say the least.
Just think if the O can keep A Rod off the field, we have a chance.
Your thoughts?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts?

Packers win by double digits on prime time TV.

Duh Bears still suck

That's my thoughts.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason this game merits a MNF time slot is because we are THE Green Bay Packers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see it happening.

Detroit pulling out a miracle yesterday in Dallas is what may have killed our season. That hurt, a lot.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see it happening.

Detroit pulling out a miracle yesterday in Dallas is what may have killed our season. That hurt, a lot.

That very well may be the ghost that haunts us....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That very well may be the ghost that haunts us....

Yup...

Take a gander at their schedule. I truly struggle to see three more losses (10-6), much less four (9-7). Them being at 4-4, would have put us in a pretty nice position. Tied with Carolina at 4-3 for the final spot.

Now, if we can't beat them without Cutler and Briggs in two weeks. That pretty much does it.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts?

Packers win by double digits on prime time TV.

Duh Bears still suck

That's my thoughts.

Coming on the Bears board to gloat shows the class-less douche-bag that you are. But then again I can't really expect much more from many GB fans.

That being said, I do agree with your first point: I do think this will be a blowout and GB wins by 20+ points. Sorry guys, but the Bears D has been struggling all season, and now it has bee decimated by injuries. No way they stop AR.

I just hope the O can generate enough to keep it somewhat respectable.

Rich, as for the playoffs I think you are correct. The Lions win killed our chances. But I will have to say that I don't see his team winning more than 7 games anyway.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want to see Bostic and Greene try to control the new running game. I knew Lacy was gonna be a big nfl player and he is mostly doing it on his own at the second level. Did you notice how viciously Lacy was being tackled by minnesota? Spun around, held up to take a shot and he just kept going.

I have a feeling Wallace will get some snaps this week. Whether its because they are up by 50 or Bostic and Greene get a few hits on rodgers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming on the Bears board to gloat shows the class-less douche-bag that you are. But then again I can't really expect much more from many GB fans.

That being said, I do agree with your first point: I do think this will be a blowout and GB wins by 20+ points. Sorry guys, but the Bears D has been struggling all season, and now it has bee decimated by injuries. No way they stop AR.

I just hope the O can generate enough to keep it somewhat respectable.

Rich, as for the playoffs I think you are correct. The Lions win killed our chances. But I will have to say that I don't see his team winning more than 7 games anyway.

Well, if we can manage to beat Detroit next week, then it doesn't hurt as bad. The problem is, now we HAVE to beat them without Cutler and Briggs.

Also, I'm sorry, I know things aren't looking up right now, but looking at the schedule I can't see this team finishing worse than 8-8. BAL, STL, MIN, CLE, PHI... There's four wins there. Dallas at home on MNF in December with a healthy Briggs and Cutler is a game we could win too.

Honestly, the way things have been going for this team, they have to be about due to catch a break here. Jesus. I think they lose to GB by about 10 points, but I think they'll play inspired football and keep it close. Maybe they can force some turnovers and something good will happen.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can count on the Lions to fuck it up and miss the playoffs. It is who they are. 2011 was a fluke. They will lose to us, at Pitt, vs Green Bay and will melt down vs a shitty team or 2. You know it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can count on the Lions to fuck it up and miss the playoffs. It is who they are. 2011 was a fluke. They will lose to us, at Pitt, vs Green Bay and will melt down vs a shitty team or 2. You know it.

2011 was even good enough to warrant a fluke. The first five games were a fluke, and they lost pretty much every game on the back end of their schedule. The only reason they even got in was because the Bears completely lost their entire offense in Forte and Cutler. The Bears were 7-3 and would have finished 11-5, at worst. Nobody who was watching that team just prior to the Cutler injury would disagree.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does it even matter any more?

I mean,it would be a huge huge upset if we could actually beat them,but highly doubtful.
If the packers win,well good for them,they beat an injury riddled team.
It would be the same if we beat GB without Rodgers,Mathews and r?aji..Correct?
The meaning is not the same unless both teams play with healthy squads.

So at this point and juncture,sure I will be cheering for the Bears,but still knowing it doesn`t bode well.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does it even matter any more?

I mean,it would be a huge huge upset if we could actually beat them,but highly doubtful.
If the packers win,well good for them,they beat an injury riddled team.
It would be the same if we beat GB without Rodgers,Mathews and r?aji..Correct?
The meaning is not the same unless both teams play with healthy squads.

So at this point and juncture,sure I will be cheering for the Bears,but still knowing it doesn`t bode well.

And if you guys somehow managed to beat us we can say the same thing. No Matthews, no Cobb, possibly no Jones, etc.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you guys somehow managed to beat us we can say the same thing. No Matthews, no Cobb, possibly no Jones, etc.

Missing your QB is a just a tad worse than missing your #2 WR.

If you were missing Rodgers, your situation would compare.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing your QB is a just a tad worse than missing your #2 WR.

If you were missing Rodgers, your situation would compare.

Cobb was our #1 receiver. Matthews is our #1 defender. Plus if Rodgers went down it would be much worse than Cutler going down. Not comparable.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb was our #1 receiver. Matthews is our #1 defender. Plus if Rodgers went down it would be much worse than Cutler going down. Not comparable.

I agree. If Rodgers wasnt playing, Id like the Bears chances much more.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Maybe this is nitpicking, but Randall Cobb is not the Packers #1 receiver.

Nelson 39 rec, 649 yards, 7 TD
Cobb 29 rec, 378 yards, 2 TD

Yes, not having Cobb and Matthews will hurt the Packers, but if there was a weighing scale involved, the Bears have more injury issues than the Packers right now. But you know what? Injuries are NEVER an excuse. Teams are built as full rosters, and it is not surprise that the Packers have better quality deeper on their roster at more positions than do the Bears. That's to their credit. Some folks on the ESPN board used to call me crazy for saying you have to factor in injuries in assessing a team's season chances, but I don't care, call me crazy. The Bears are responsible for the fact that they are thin at too many positions, and now it is coming home to roost. So if the Packers win, the Packers win, it isn't their "fault" that the Bears roster is too thin.