• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packer's week begins.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Packers fans can even have the discussion about who our #1 receiver is just points out our extreme depth at that position.

lol... yeah... because it has nothing to do with your all-world QB.

C

cubzzzfanincali

:L Bears fans breaking down who the #1 receiver is in the Packers offense. Tomorrow I will begin breaking down what run plays work best for the Bears since I watch so many Bears games

I've watched every single Packers game this year. What, exactly, is your point?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched every single Packers game this year. What, exactly, is your point?

What's the Bears best chance at winning tomorrow?

I've only watched one full Packers game, when they were in Baltimore.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason this game merits a MNF time slot is because we are THE Green Bay Packers.

Love your avatar, But your posts reek as much as you say the Bears suck.
Guess I'm just sayin. Your posts SUCK.

C

cubzzzfanincali

What's the Bears best chance at winning tomorrow?

I've only watched one full Packers game, when they were in Baltimore.

Somehow miraculously stopping their run, which matters more to this Packers team than any team in years, and exploiting their weakness at linebacker. Play action is therefore really vital (always is, just more than usual), so our best chance is having early success running. While both teams' offensive strength is passing, I think running is actually the key to this game.

Rodgers will hit his spots obviously. While ordinarily you HAVE to get pressure on Rodgers, in this case I am not sure I'd bother too much blitzing linebackers...maybe a few surprises with corner blitzes would be worth trying. I just don't see that we are going to get enough pass rush even with a blitz to mask the fact that our current linebackers suck ass in coverage and Rodgers will destroy them when the already soft zone gets weakened even further. I expect a lot of short passing from him, even more than usual.

They are going to direct their running attack more behind Sitton than anyone else. Bakhtiari right next to him is not a very good run blocker (he's done OK in pass blocking though) but I still expect to see more left side runs than you would otherwise expect given the Bears run D weakness is worse on the other side. Their right side run blocking hasn't been very good at all. Maybe if they go that way they are going to pull Sitton a lot because he's the only blocker playing solidly on runs.

On our offense, their soft spot is definitely their interior linebackers, and M.D. Jennings. Matt Forte has got to be huge, especially on screens. If we don't call a lot of screens I will be really surprised. Someone else mentioned Bennett, that's right on, because Jennings is having a terrible season at safety. (Chris Conte haters eat your heart out). They are probably going to try to cover Bennett with Burnett, so knowing that, I'd like to see us use Bennett to pull the coverage away when we try to go outside and get Marshall or Jeffery isolated. Our best matchup advantage outside is whoever is covered by Tramon Williams.

That's more than one thing. But it's going to take a lot for us to win this game. If I had to see one place we kick their ass, it's with the rushing game. Then, we have a chance.

Last edited by a moderator: