• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers vs the dreaded Seattle Mariners 8/26 - 8/28

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Guys like us are probably the exception because even when the Rangers sucked and were a laughing stock I still watched almost every game. But for the majority of the average fans I think it's a lot more "front runner" than most people think.

And for me just because you're a front runner doesn't mean you don't care about a team or don't want them to win. I just think that argument is really nothing but a grey area and I guess it's just on different people's perception of what that means.

I followed this team back in the 80's and we were pretty much a mess. I believe this was the infamous "Eddie Childs" era. It's almost bizarre how much respect this organization has around baseball when you think back to those days. It's deserved for sure.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt be as "concerned" if it was a night game.

However, Rangers have scored 1 run more (118) than the Astros (117) in day games.
And the Astros rank last in the AL in that category.

Rangers are 17-18 during the day.

Statistically speaking, it doesnt look good.

Maybe that's meaningful. I don't know. Certainly can't blame it on Josh's blue eyes anymore.

One possible explanation that comes to mind is that we have been pretty streaky this year. Wonder how many of the meager offensive showings during day games have come when were hitting poorly, which right now we are not. Of course that can always change, especially when facing a pitcher of Hernandez' caliber.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^see the White Sox series. (Sat & Sun)

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Guys like us are probably the exception because even when the Rangers sucked and were a laughing stock I still watched almost every game. But for the majority of the average fans I think it's a lot more "front runner" than most people think.

And for me just because you're a front runner doesn't mean you don't care about a team or don't want them to win. I just think that argument is really nothing but a grey area and I guess it's just on different people's perception of what that means.

I remember when they asked Troy Aikman if Dallas was a football town. He said " no Dallas is a winners town" he couldn't be more right. If our teams are winning, the fans show up, every game is a sellout.If they have no chance at the playoffs, people leave em for dead. I think it is a bandwagon town. Nobody better call me one tho, I've watched at least 100 games a year since 1995. Probably more than the average fan.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when they asked Troy Aikman if Dallas was a football town. He said " no Dallas is a winners town" he couldn't be more right. If our teams are winning, the fans show up, every game is a sellout.If they have no chance at the playoffs, people leave em for dead. I think it is a bandwagon town. Nobody better call me one tho, I've watched at least 100 games a year since 1995. Probably more than the average fan.

100 games a year is excellent. Good for you.

But about this "winners" comment, I'm not sure I agree. Back in the 80's & some of the 90's the Rangers were closer to terrible than good, yet drew about 15-18,000 per. Seems fair to watch really bad baseball. And the Cowboys have one playoff win in almost 2 decades. Can't see anyone can confuse this with winning. Yet the lemmings keep buying tickets.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^see the White Sox series. (Sat & Sun)

Maybe so. I am just skeptical that we are systematically a worse hitting team due to the presence of daylight. Seems to me that factors like quality of opposing pitching and just the general randomness associated with hitting are more plausible explanations.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how many folks here ... or maybe a totally separate universe of fans go out to La Grange Field to root on the Fort Worth Cats or run over to Grand Prairie to watch the Grand Prairie Air Hogs? Now living outside the metroplex I regret not going out to watch a couple of those games.

Working in Frisco we were season ticket holders from 2003 when Mandalay bought the Shreveport franchise and moved it to Frisco. Am continually impressed with the crowds that came out for Frisco games. Haven't checked season attendance numbers in awhile but for the longest time Frisco and Corpus were atop all AA season attendance standings ... and in fact both teams draw more fans than half of the AAA teams in much larger venues.

I went to a couple of AA Missions games when down in San Antonio for a few months three years back. They draw pretty good crowds too.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is there something wrong with Americans admiring the best athletes, best ball players, and teams? Americans love a winner. GSP makes that point here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b5g1avyCSA]speech from the movie "Patton" given to the 3rd army - YouTube[/ame]

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lineup for today:

1. Leonys Martin (L) CF
2. Elvis Andrus (R) SS
3. Ian Kinsler (R) 2B
4. Adrian Beltre (R) DH
5. Alex Rios (R) RF
6. Mitch Moreland (L) 1B
7. Geovany Soto (R) C
8. David Murphy (L) LF
9. Jurickson Profar (S) 3B

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lineup for today:

1. Leonys Martin (L) CF
2. Elvis Andrus (R) SS
3. Ian Kinsler (R) 2B
4. Adrian Beltre (R) DH
5. Alex Rios (R) RF
6. Mitch Moreland (L) 1B
7. Geovany Soto (R) C
8. David Murphy (L) LF
9. Jurickson Profar (S) 3B

Yay for Soto, boo for Murphy.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never expect to beat Felix, but I am always happy when we do. Today is no different. Get to him early.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never expect to beat Felix, but I am always happy when we do. Today is no different. Get to him early.

I don't really know this, but I can't imagine another team doing much better against King Felix than us.

GO RANGERS and hopefully, Mr Perez can't keep em coming.