• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers vs the dreaded Seattle Mariners 8/26 - 8/28

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole insert sport town talk and argument is stupid especially when you're a huge market that has multiple professional sports teams that are successful. We're very much a baseball town as anybody else.

That doesn't necessarily make you a baseball town. Dfw has its share of front running fans pure and simple.

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just thinking that MLB needs to change the Interference play going to 1st base. If you think about it a Righthand batter , running in a Straight line to 1st, Will never run in foul territory !
Lefty's start in Foul territory when running in a straight line to 1st, so they should be able to stay out of easier , but will Have to cross into Fair territory to touch 1st base !
Rule needs to change to if you are Running, Touching on the Chalk line when hit by ball, should be a Dead ball ?

Balks should be called by only the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Umpires, Home plate umpire has enough to do as is , at the very least it should be 2 or more Seeing, Affirming the Balk. They confure on HR's, Fair or Foul .
That wasn't a Balk, ball was in his glove, on his front leg, open hand was behind his back, You can't decieve the runner if Ball ain't in your throwing Hand?
Just a screwed up mess

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just thinking that MLB needs to change the Interference play going to 1st base. If you think about it a Righthand batter , running in a Straight line to 1st, Will never run in foul territory !
Lefty's start in Foul territory when running in a straight line to 1st, so they should be able to stay out of easier , but will Have to cross into Fair territory to touch 1st base !
Rule needs to change to if you are Running, Touching on the Chalk line when hit by ball, should be a Dead ball ?

Balks should be called by only the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Umpires, Home plate umpire has enough to do as is , at the very least it should be 2 or more Seeing, Affirming the Balk. They confure on HR's, Fair or Foul .
That wasn't a Balk, ball was in his glove, on his front leg, open hand was behind his back, You can't decieve the runner if Ball ain't in your throwing Hand?
Just a screwed up mess

The balk was a makeup call.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole insert sport town talk and argument is stupid especially when you're a huge market that has multiple professional sports teams that are successful. We're very much a baseball town as anybody else.

Unless you got to Winnipeg for a Jets game or something really obscure like that just about every town and their sports fans are front runners and want to see a winner. In today's day and age I see nothing wrong with that given the cost it it requires to be a fan that goes to games, buys merchandise etc. People have a plethora of choices these days and that's certainly a factor in today's sports landscape.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you got to Winnipeg for a Jets game or something really obscure like that just about every town and their sports fans are front runners and want to see a winner. In today's day and age I see nothing wrong with that given the cost it it requires to be a fan that goes to games, buys merchandise etc. People have a plethora of choices these days and that's certainly a factor in today's sports landscape.

Sorry, but we'll have to agree to disagree.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The balk was a makeup call.

CB's gonna get a call from NY for last night.

I kind of like the ump conference idea on balk calls ... but never going to happen. Since these are judgement calls there is no way another ump or a conference will ever overrule another ump's judgement. Just isn't going to happen. Anyone who did would be tossed from the union.

Same with the play up the line ... no way MLB changes the rules either. The idea of ruling a dead ball if the player is in fair territory sounds good ... except as 'whit' noted RH batters usually run up the fair side of the line. So catchers or pitchers rather than trying to throw to 1b will just throw at the runner to get the dead ball. Unintended consequences.

Last night was a freaky weird game that got weirder in the top of the 10th and as Jamey noted this morning in his email:

"Technically, C.B. Bucknor’s call was probably correct, as was his interference call that nullified Andrus’s single minutes earlier, but in each case it seemed reasonable for one team to feel like it had gotten jobbed in a major display of game-deciding #umpshow."

Imagine the outrage had that play have been in the 10th inning of game 162 between TEX and OAK at either park. I wager CB is gonna get a call from NY on it.

OT -- Not sure why Profar reacted as he did firing his bat toward the TEX dugout after he was walked. Maybe the pitch before was a ball ... but CB was calling low strikes last night and I honestly think that most of the pitches he called strikes were strikes. Profar is pushing it and 20yo's can find out that the umps don't like any show that could be seen as debating their judgement (see above).

OT -- That said ... I was amazed that Beltre got away with his yapping during his AB following Kinsler's single which followed Elvis being called out on the play along the first base line. I can only imagine as a veteran he was venting about the game in general and no specific play never crossing the line with CB ... but indirectly letting CB know that he was not happy with 'stuff' without naming the 'stuff'.

His swing down on one knee launching the single to LF that moved Kinsler to 2b on a low and away slider needs to be bronzed for his induction ceremony in the HOF. There needs to be a stat recording the number of times AB has launched a HR or key hit down on one knee against team wins. Bet there is a direct correlation.

Last edited by a moderator:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't necessarily make you a baseball town. Dfw has its share of front running fans pure and simple.

LOL Could have sworn that you posted several weeks ago, when the team was mired in a deep slump, that you were through with them!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Could have sworn that you posted several weeks ago, when the team was mired in a deep slump, that you were through with them!

Umm no, I never said that and I promise you won't be able to quote me on that. In the past I've said I need to take a break from the team for a few games, or I might be done for that evening but I've never said I was "through" with the team.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but we'll have to agree to disagree.

Fair enough. Guys like us are probably the exception because even when the Rangers sucked and were a laughing stock I still watched almost every game. But for the majority of the average fans I think it's a lot more "front runner" than most people think.

And for me just because you're a front runner doesn't mean you don't care about a team or don't want them to win. I just think that argument is really nothing but a grey area and I guess it's just on different people's perception of what that means.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being done with them for the day isn't the same as being done with them all together. We all say that one. Sometimes there is only so much you can take on a certain day. That doesn't mean you won't tune in the next day.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texas must have used it because we got rid of our 2 biggest "flakes" in Hamilton and Wilson

Hamilton is weird but I'm not sure if flake is accurate either. He was arguably one of the best player in baseball when he was here and delivered a lovely and money 2 run shot in Game 6. The Hamilton story and situation is just weird.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being done with them for the day isn't the same as being done with them all together. We all say that one. Sometimes there is only so much you can take on a certain day. That doesn't mean you won't tune in the next day.

Not me. What am I going to do? Adopt the Dodgers after all these years?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. What am I going to do? Adopt the Dodgers after all these years?
Please read....Saying you are done for the day doesn't mean anything. It means no more baseball for you for the day. Please understand the difference.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo Day Game. Against King Felix. In Seattle.

Rangers might be in trouble this afternoon. #justsayin

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Wonder how many folks here ... or maybe a totally separate universe of fans go out to La Grange Field to root on the Fort Worth Cats or run over to Grand Prairie to watch the Grand Prairie Air Hogs? Now living outside the metroplex I regret not going out to watch a couple of those games.

Working in Frisco we were season ticket holders from 2003 when Mandalay bought the Shreveport franchise and moved it to Frisco. Am continually impressed with the crowds that came out for Frisco games. Haven't checked season attendance numbers in awhile but for the longest time Frisco and Corpus were atop all AA season attendance standings ... and in fact both teams draw more fans than half of the AAA teams in much larger venues.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo Day Game. Against King Felix. In Seattle.

Rangers might be in trouble this afternoon. #justsayin

Maybe. Then again, Iwakuma didn't look too special last night.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Then again, Iwakuma didn't look too special last night.

I wouldnt be as "concerned" if it was a night game.

However, Rangers have scored 1 run more (118) than the Astros (117) in day games.
And the Astros rank last in the AL in that category.

Rangers are 17-18 during the day.

Statistically speaking, it doesnt look good.