• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers vs the dreaded Seattle Mariners 8/26 - 8/28

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired as hell but wins like these fire me up.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I just hope Detroit can win one game. They look terrible right now

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathan McLain ‏@DeLaNate 4m
I bet Wash would rather hug...

proxy.jpg

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I have ever seen a balk called like that but I guess I'll take it.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hope Detroit & Baltimore step it up.

Guys ... if TEX wins it doesn't matter what OAK does. In fact ... it remains TEX advantage to have OAK keep beating up on DET. Between BOS, BAL and TBR ... there will be enough fratricide damage to open the door.

OT ... the BS about "best record against ALW opponents is just trivia. Doesn't count for squat if ALW opponents have better records against the other divisions than you do.

OT ... glad Cotts didn't get taken for a loss ... that pop bunt over his head wasn't his fault. And kudos to Scheppers for getting the three outs. Am sure the SEA batters remember what he did in HOU and wondered if there was enough cushion material in their helmets.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys ... if TEX wins it doesn't matter what OAK does. In fact ... it remains TEX advantage to have OAK keep beating up on DET. Between BOS, BAL and TBR ... there will be enough fratricide damage to open the door.

OT ... the BS about "best record against ALW opponents is just trivia. Doesn't count for squat if ALW opponents have better records against the other divisions than you do.

OT ... glad Cotts didn't get taken for a loss ... that pop bunt over his head wasn't his fault. And kudos to Scheppers for getting the three outs. Am sure the SEA batters remember what he did in HOU and wondered if there was enough cushion material in their helmets.

I can't speak for everyone, but Oakland is too close to disregard. I think most people want a 5 game lead before we focus on playoff seedlings. If it were me? I'd be fine with any arrangement as long as we don't have to go to Detroit in the first round

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is. But wins like these can only help come post season. Good thing is we're still 2.5 up. Not really that hopeful for tomorrow given Felix's last outing against us but it would be damn nice if we could sweep these guys.

We jacked up Felix last time. Did I miss a start?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After its DET series OAK has to fly home to host TBR for 3 games. At this moment although they have identical records TBR is WC1 due to its 3-0 record against OAK. Then TEX comes in for 3 with OAK after the 3 game series with MIN at RBIA this weekend.

TEX should keep pushing and attack King Feliz tomorrow and carry that momentum back to RBIA for the MIN series. These are games TEX needs to win ... but the games on its schedule w/DET and TBR are games OAK MUST win.

Good news ... after tomorrow ... no more Kyle Seager for 2013

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't speak for everyone, but Oakland is too close to disregard. I think most people want a 5 game lead before we focus on playoff seedlings. If it were me? I'd be fine with any arrangement as long as we don't have to go to Detroit in the first round

You only pay attention to OAK when you are playing them. Otherwise they are irrelevant unless they are beating other division leaders. Taking the #1 division position takes care of the ALW race. That is why the #1 division leader is the objective right now.

Winners never aim low and just watch an OAK behind them and then after sealing up the division look at the league situation. That is how you miss out on it all.

The way to avoid going to DET in the first round is to not be #3. If you are #2 you end up hosting #3. With BOS #1 right now they face the WC winner. You'd prefer to face the WC and let BOS and DET take each other on. DET has a 3-1 season record vs BOS but DET goes to BOS for 3 games in Sep. So that is tough on them both.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have four things...
1)Kins!
2)Beltre!
3)Schep!
4)Balk!????????

doesn't matter, like we were talking about during the game last night, you take the luck because it's going against you soon enough.
and I did see the EA play

A win is a win
AJ needs to watch his own footage, that will be enough of that.
Try winning a freaking game Detroit

Let's beat Felix, why not....we can.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have four things...
1)Kins!
2)Beltre!
3)Schep!
4)Balk!????????

doesn't matter, like we were talking about during the game last night, you take the luck because it's going against you soon enough.

A win is a win

Hey we'll take the fortunate win....remember the A's caught a break last night too! A rain shortened win, Detroit can make up a 3 run deficit in a heartbeat...

Good job Rangers! I went to bed with low expectations given Derek's struggles. So this was a pleasant surprise. Afternoon game today, no loss of sleep tonight!!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another four-hit night and a successful steal of third base by Kinsler before scoring the winning run on a balk and we should be golden against Felix this afternoon!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have four things...
1)Kins!
2)Beltre!
3)Schep!
4)Balk!????????

A win is a win

I'd say we have had our share of bad luck for the year.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Game last night drew only 15,115 in SEA for a ML game. Consider that AA Frisco last night drew nearly 3,800 on a Tuesday school night for its game with Corpus ... but typically draws 10,000+ for Fri and Sat night.

How can you say that the metroplex even on the eve of football starting isn't a baseball town?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game last night drew only 15,115 in SEA for a ML game. Consider that AA Frisco last night drew nearly 3,800 on a Tuesday school night for its game with Corpus ... but typically draws 10,000+ for Fri and Sat night.

How can you say that the metroplex even on the eve of football starting isn't a baseball town?

That reminds me ... am I only the one who chuckles every time he sees that Head and Shoulders commercial in which Josh Hamilton say that it "gets rid of the flakes"?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole insert sport town talk and argument is stupid especially when you're a huge market that has multiple professional sports teams that are successful. We're very much a baseball town as anybody else.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reminds me ... am I only the one who chuckles every time he sees that Head and Shoulders commercial in which Josh Hamilton say that it "gets rid of the flakes"?

texas must have used it because we got rid of our 2 biggest "flakes" in Hamilton and Wilson