• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Heat up 2-1

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This NBA postseason seems like a foregone conclusion though.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even bother anymore. Obviously Miami is the best team. Why the hell would i want to watch them take it all again?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm enjoying the Heat's success though because I think Lebron James has received media hatred for the single stupidest reason in the history of sports. The guy's never been anything but a model teammate; he's never been in trouble; he did the same thing that multitudes of players before him did (leave his team in FA), and the TV special which got him so much hatred raised money for friggn' charity for crap's sake!

The Lebron thing is one of my favourite examples of how intellectually & morally bankrupt th media is & how people consistently create straw men to destroy in order to justify their own illogical contempt.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm enjoying the Heat's success though because I think Lebron James has received media hatred for the single stupidest reason in the history of sports. The guy's never been anything but a model teammate; he's never been in trouble; he did the same thing that multitudes of players before him did (leave his team in FA), and the TV special which got him so much hatred raised money for friggn' charity for crap's sake!

The Lebron thing is one of my favourite examples of how intellectually & morally bankrupt th media is & how people consistently create straw men to destroy in order to justify their own illogical contempt.

Yeah, I never had anything against him or the Heat. But the big ceremony they had like rock stars made me happy they didn't win that first year. I knew they would eventually and maybe quite a few (never know with injuries, cap problems, and windows (other stars teaming up)) but that first year's loss made up for that. I couldn't put a permanent ban on them as far as rooting against them. For the record, I didn't root against them that year, I just thought it appropriate after they lost.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm hoping Kaep's Niner career is like Lebron's Heat career. Missed the first year (no thanks to zebra help in Kaep's case), but then he goes on to own the league the following year(s). That would be nice. :)

My buddy's starting to call Jim Harbaugh the next Marv Leevy (he's a Cowboys fan). Jim NEEDS to get a ring this season to shut him up!

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The whole flopping business Miami does gets carried away at times and it often determines the outcome of games. [Chalmers, Battier, Bosh, LeBron, Wade, & Haslem] if there were a measure of flops per minute, you'd probably find all six of them in the top 25. They're talented enough as is to contend for a championship, so I'd like to see players getting hefty fines at least in the playoffs for this tomfoolery,

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I haven't seen a minute of NBA ball this season or postseason, so you'll have to enlighten me about this flopping business.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't seen a minute of NBA ball this season or postseason, so you'll have to enlighten me about this flopping business.

It's when David West, a guy who should be dominating this series, is mismatched against undersized opponents like, Bosh, Battier, and Haslem, but instead of using his brute strength to back them down to the rim, he's almost forced to take jumpers because he fears playing basketball will earn him a seat on the bench

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want Lebron to win a few more rings so people will understand just how good he is. They should already be able to tell, but unless he has multiple titles he will never be considered. When all is said and done, he will probably be the best basketball player we have ever seen.

On a side note... I don't know if it has been all the games, but I noticed that this game Paul George is afraid to attack Lebron. Every time he has the ball, he will pass it off. Then we Lebron isn't guarding him, he at least tries to get to the rim.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want Lebron to win a few more rings so people will understand just how good he is. They should already be able to tell, but unless he has multiple titles he will never be considered. When all is said and done, he will probably be the best basketball player we have ever seen.

On a side note... I don't know if it has been all the games, but I noticed that this game Paul George is afraid to attack Lebron. Every time he has the ball, he will pass it off. Then we Lebron isn't guarding him, he at least tries to get to the rim.

He doesn't want to foul out with offensive charges. ;)

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He doesn't want to foul out with offensive charges. ;)

He did get called for an offensive charge tonight when George gave LeBron a patented Bron' shoulder to create space. LeBron certainly gets away with that same type of play all the time, along with his '"crabdribble" which is at least is not called throughout the NBA

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am rooting for Indiana.

It's too bad Indiana played so well in game 2 to steal home court advantage just to give game 3 away.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psh....just wait until they play the San Antonio Spurs and a pissed off/motivated Tim Duncan (his going through a divorce, has a prenup though). Hoping for the Spurs to sweep the Grizzlies and the Pacer/heat series goes 7 games.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still watch the NBA??? Shocking. Give me March Madness over the NBA Finals any day of the week.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for Indiana.

It's too bad Indiana played so well in game 2 to steal home court advantage just to give game 3 away.

it's gonna happen. i expect game 4 to be a grind which favors indiana.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still watch the NBA??? Shocking. Give me March Madness over the NBA Finals any day of the week.

Too bad the NCAAB talent is so diluted nowadays, otherwise I'd pay more attention. Kareem Abdul Jabbar was on a local tv show last night in regards to his leukemia treatment. In that talk, he had mentioned how the game is so much different because players coming out of college are just too raw (when it's apparent many of these players need more time polishing their skills in college), and I agree with him.

In regards to LBJ, the hate that goes with him is that he had to "get help" in order to win his titles, unlike the greatest player of all time literally being the foundation for his team before the likes of Pippen, Horace Grant, Rodman (who came after Grant), Brian Williams, Paxson, etc came along.

It would be interesting to see how this Heat team does, although there was an article that mentioned that after the 2013-2014 season, the Heat may have to give up one of the big three (more than likely Bosh) due to some salary problems. Does anyone else remember this article? It was published 6 months ago and I'm too tired to find it.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can say that these guys aren't playing the game the same way because they are afraid of getting fouls called from "flops." That is a cop out. The Bulls played extremely hard and didn't seem to mind. Plus, not all of them are flops. Sometimes when a guy is trying to run through you, you let him so a foul is called.

The truth is... Lebron is a bigger star so he is going to get more calls. Same was for Jordan, Kobe, Durant, Duncan etc. Bigger stars get more calls. Aside from that, the Pacers got to the line 16 more times than the Heat so they were not one sided on the fouls being called. The Heat have a better team right now. They have the best player in the game by far, and those are the reasons why they are winning.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to LBJ, the hate that goes with him is that he had to "get help" in order to win his titles, unlike the greatest player of all time literally being the foundation for his team before the likes of Pippen, Horace Grant, Rodman (who came after Grant), Brian Williams, Paxson, etc came along.

It would be interesting to see how this Heat team does, although there was an article that mentioned that after the 2013-2014 season, the Heat may have to give up one of the big three (more than likely Bosh) due to some salary problems. Does anyone else remember this article? It was published 6 months ago and I'm too tired to find it.

Jordan was the foundation, but he still couldn't win until he got Pippen. The rest of the team were pretty good themselves. Great role players in those Bulls years. Lebron left because he couldn't get any good players to go to Cleveland. That isn't his fault. I wouldn't want to go to Cleveland either. Magic always had other hall of famers with him, as did Kobe/Shaq. Why is Lebron the only one who gets crap for it? If he started in a place where free agents would want to play, he would have stayed there and won championships.

As far as one of the big 3 to go... I would get rid of Wade. He has been too beat up his career. Keep Bosh and when you have to pay him again, don't give him a max deal. Then try and get another guy on a slightly lesser level to come play there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

You had me with the first part of the post, but you lost me with the last part.

Any sport with that many regular season games is not wirth watching IMO. That's why basketball sucks. It's watered down for the $$$ (which is why I'm 100% opposed to more NFL games). Sometimes I'll catch the NBA finals though. Baseball is unwatchable even in the World Series IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: