• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Heat up 2-1

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minnesota needs to give away love to the bulls

pfft lebron

I just hope the Bulls are able to get Rose some more help. I like Butler, Deng, Noah, and Gibson. I do not think nate robinson comes back. I wouldnt mind them moving Boozer(I like him but at this point hes not worth his cost IMO) They need a legit 2 guard.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah And Bill Gates is my uncle.

You're full of shit. Bandwagon fan.

Iam from Ohio and watched LBJ play in HS and for the Cavs numerous of times, so I like to see him do well, I do not like the Heat one bit, however I love the fact that King James shut your sorry ass up. You were saying spurs in 5 and LBJ owned the Spurs, made my June

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really understood why people outside of Cleveland hated Lebron. I mean, who wants to spend their whole career with an organization that doesn't want to go the extra mile to build a championship team around you... they are just satisfied that you're so great that you're filling the seats.

Did you get offended by the crazy circus and event that Miami put on to get their fans excited after signing James? Why? Looking back after 3 Finals appearances and 2 wins... why was Miami wrong to claim that the signings would deliver championships? The results have pretty much validated that ridiculous publicity stunt the Heat hosted.

Agreed, Im a King James fan to the fullest and want to see him do well and I am from Ohio. Never been a cavs fan so I wasnt hurt over him leaving. People are just jealous and he needs to win a couple more before people even mention him in the same breath as MJ

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mj was in a class of his own

The thing about MJ that made him great (aside from his play) was that he was truly transcendent. Everyone liked him. You couldn't not like him. He took the game to a whole new level, and set an unmatchable standard. He made the game what it is today, because he made the entire world watch. It made the sport more popular in every country and grew the game.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about MJ that made him great (aside from his play) was that he was truly transcendent. Everyone liked him. You couldn't not like him. He took the game to a whole new level, and set an unmatchable standard. He made the game what it is today, because he made the entire world watch. It made the sport more popular in every country and grew the game.

I would say the Dream Team did this.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's the difference between MJ & everyone else IMO: When MJ hit his prime and he got his team(s), he was unbeatable. The only thing that really took him out was his dad getting shot & retiring early.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the difference between MJ & everyone else IMO: When MJ hit his prime and he got his team(s), he was unbeatable. The only thing that really took him out was his dad getting shot & retiring early.

I believe the conspiracy theory that Stern told Jordan to retire just because of this quote during the press conference "Five years down the line, if the urge comes back, if the Bulls will have me, if David Stern lets me back in the league, I may come back". Why wouldn't Stern let him back in the league?

SI had a great article about it. Makes alot of sense to me.

Untold Story Of Why Michael Jordan Retired In 1993 | Daye Kaba | 2DaySports

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the conspiracy theory that Stern told Jordan to retire just because of this quote during the press conference "Five years down the line, if the urge comes back, if the Bulls will have me, if David Stern lets me back in the league, I may come back". Why wouldn't Stern let him back in the league?

SI had a great article about it. Makes alot of sense to me.

Untold Story Of Why Michael Jordan Retired In 1993 | Daye Kaba | 2DaySports

I don't buy it. Jordan had a gambling problem, but the NBA wasn't going to make him retire. Especially when he is making trips to Vegas and Atlantic City to gamble. Those are both legal places to go. I just don't see why you "ask" him to retire when he makes you the most money. It isn't like he was about to go to prison or anything. Plus, you have guys choking coaches, raping (allegedly) women and waving guns around and you let that slide? But your biggest star, and the biggest sports start there has ever been gambles? I just don't see it.

As far as the actual retirement, I think he overreacted. There was a lot of shit on his mind. Look at Favre. Some guys retire, but the competitive juices are still there. He always wanted to play baseball and I don't care if the Sox and Bulls had the same owner... Jordan is going to play where he wants. It is immediate money in the bank, and the worst that could happen is he is terrible, but you have never and will never get that many butts in your seats. Guys who are that great at things, sometimes want to see what they are made of. He gave it a shot, and I think satisfied that urge. Then realized it is actually boring as fuck to be retired so young, and he probably jumped the gun in the first place, so he wanted to play basketball again. In the process cementing himself as the greatest ever by ripping off another 3 peat.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the Dream Team did this.

I think it was Jordan. They did a test back in the day, when I was young. They were going to all of these 3rd world countries who many people didn't even know what basketball was. They held an image of Michael Jordans silhouette and people knew who he was. As great as those other guys were, Jordan was above and beyond all of them with popularity over the world.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah and then he comes back 2 years later to lead a 72-10 Bulls team and win another 3 straight NBA Titles. The only reason the guy does not have more MVP's is because they league felt pity on everyone else. It was like everyone knew MJ was the real MVP so they decided to be nice and give the award to someone else. If they didn't very few would have won the award during the 90's.