• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Heat up 2-1

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Right now I consider him top 10.

If he can win 4 in a row with the Heat, I'd consider him #2 all time behind Jordan. 3 peat is not good enough because several players have 3-peated, and Lebron has 2 finals losses on his resume.

Also, because he guaranteed 4 championships in the Heat pep rally so he has to live up to his guarantees :-)

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, Ginobili travelled on the play. Might as well call Ginobili's intentional elbow on Lebron a flagrant-1. There were questionable calls both ways. People saying the Spurs got hosed obviously had a pre-determined outcome of the game in their minds.

They weren't hosed, they deserved to lose. Manu had 8 TO's and 2 in OT? Sorry, but you don't win games in that fashion. Popovich relied on what got him there, but too many Spurs were off in the Finals, but Manu's performance stuck out like a sore thumb. There are 2 meanings for GOAT, and we all know which one exemplified Manu's play.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

If he can win 4 in a row with the Heat, I'd consider him #2 all time behind Jordan.

I think there should be serious doubts that Lebron even stays in Miami after next season. With Wade's knee issues & how many games they played this season and will next season, he might see the writing on the wall & bolt for an un-and-comer.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spurs in 6

Told your ass heat for sure in 7, where are all the LBJ haters at now?? He showed the last 2 games why he is hands down and I mean hands down the best player on the planet and he keeps getting better. Good luck to the rest of the NBA

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he can win 4 in a row with the Heat, I'd consider him #2 all time behind Jordan. 3 peat is not good enough because several players have 3-peated, and Lebron has 2 finals losses on his resume.

Also, because he guaranteed 4 championships in the Heat pep rally so he has to live up to his guarantees :-)

Hahaha he is top 5 already even Magic Johnson said that last night. There is no one on his level, he can beat teams in the post, behind the 3 and attacking the rim, oh yea not to mention the only guy in the nba who guards all 5 positions, to even act like winning back 2 back isn't awesome enough then to say a 3 peat isn't great, shows you are an idiot

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now two of my teams have lost in the champion game/series. Though, the 49ers chances of returning to the Super Bowl are much greater than the Spurs returning to the NBA finals. It will depend on what the great Tim Duncan decides to do, will he retire or return for one more season. I think he has 1 more year left on his contract, so he'll probably be back next season. Would have liked to see Tim Duncan get his 5th ring. Oh well.

Kawhi Leonard is the future for the Spurs.

What happened to spurs in 5? Ohhh that's right King James is what happened

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was already top 10 in history. Now he is top 3.

I love the Spurs heart and I respect Duncan so much more after this post season. However, Manu literally travels every other time he drives to the lane. How can they not call it? Parker does it too. And for all the talk of the Heat flopping, the Spurs (Parker mostly) did it even more.

I think Bosh needs to change his game. When he really focused on rebounding and defense he was a real factor in this series. He needs to stop settling for jumpshots though. But what he did, didn't always show up in the stat columns. I hope the Lebron haters will hush up for a while now.

Wow someone that actually gets it

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think there should be serious doubts that Lebron even stays in Miami after next season. With Wade's knee issues & how many games they played this season and will next season, he might see the writing on the wall & bolt for an un-and-comer.

I don't understand why people keep saying he will opt-out or bolt to another team.

I think what will happen is when Bosh's contract is up, they will ask him to take a major pay cut or goodbye.
I think Bosh is untradeable with that monster contract and crappy performance.
When Wade's contract is up, they will ask him to take a pay cut to stay, and he will because Heat want Wade to retire there.
Then with extra cap room freed up by letting Bosh and his $19M go, they will bring *in* the young guys to Miami to play with Lebron.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hahaha he is top 5 already even Magic Johnson said that last night. There is no one on his level, he can beat teams in the post, behind the 3 and attacking the rim, oh yea not to mention the only guy in the nba who guards all 5 positions, to even act like winning back 2 back isn't awesome enough then to say a 3 peat isn't great, shows you are an idiot

You are an idiot because if you actually watched game 6, if Manu or Leonard make one extra free throw at the end of the game, it would have been Spurs and 6 and we'd be all talking about what a choker Lebron is. Lebron and his Heat team let that get way too close to a loss. Other top 5 players of all time in their prime were crushing the competition.

Lebron's career in Miami is not anywhere near Jordan-esque levels:

Year 1 in Miami: Heat lose to the Mavs, and Lebron and Wade look disorganized the whole series like they did not know what they were supposed to do. They looked out of sync. They lost.

Year 2 in Miami: this to me was their peak, they beat a good, young team in OKC that has 3 superstars and good young players. They actually looked really good this year.

Year 3 in Miami: They looked very mortal against Indiana and that series went 7 where they were physically dominated, then they almost lost to the Spurs in 6, to rally in 7. Even though they won the championship I see a major decline from the performance when they beat OKC in the finals the previous year.

Also Magic Johnson works for the NBA, so it's his job to promote superstars in the NBA. What's he gonna say Lebron is not top 5? He's going to pump up whoever won.

Last edited by a moderator:

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to spurs in 5? Ohhh that's right King James is what happened

You're part of the reason people despise LeBron.

The bandwagon fans.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch man. If the Giants lose the World Series I say you should immediately become a Ravens fan for 1 season so they can lose in the Super Bowl next year.

The Ravens already screwed up.

How much are they paying Joe Flacco?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why people keep saying he will opt-out or bolt to another team.

I think what will happen is when Bosh's contract is up, they will ask him to take a major pay cut or goodbye.
I think Bosh is untradeable with that monster contract and crappy performance.
When Wade's contract is up, they will ask him to take a pay cut to stay, and he will because Heat want Wade to retire there.
Then with extra cap room freed up by letting Bosh and his $19M go, they will bring *in* the young guys to Miami to play with Lebron.

Because the Heat will have to reload around Lebron. Wade and Bosh can take paycuts but are they going to be any good? Wade is already on the decline. If the Heat make the Finals again next year then that's 4 straight years which is a tough toll on any NBA body. Allen, Miller, Battier, Anderson will probably not be on NBA teams in 2 years. So it's a big question on what the Heat will do to get the talent for Lebron.

In any case, I think there's only 3 legitimate teams that can sign Lebron. Heat, Cavs and Lakers. Cavs have a nice young nucleus but did Gilbert ruin his relationship with Lebron. If Lebron wants to be the worldwide phenom then he signs with the Lakers. The end of next season is gonna be interesting.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an idiot because if you actually watched game 6, if Manu or Leonard make one extra free throw at the end of the game, it would have been Spurs and 6 and we'd be all talking about what a choker Lebron is. Lebron and his Heat team let that get way too close to a loss. Other top 5 players of all time in their prime were crushing the competition.

Lebron's career in Miami is not anywhere near Jordan-esque levels:

Year 1 in Miami: Heat lose to the Mavs, and Lebron and Wade look disorganized the whole series like they did not know what they were supposed to do. They looked out of sync. They lost.

Year 2 in Miami: this to me was their peak, they beat a good, young team in OKC that has 3 superstars and good young players. They actually looked really good this year.

Year 3 in Miami: They looked very mortal against Indiana and that series went 7 where they were physically dominated, then they almost lost to the Spurs in 6, to rally in 7. Even though they won the championship I see a major decline from the performance when they beat OKC in the finals the previous year.

Also Magic Johnson works for the NBA, so it's his job to promote superstars in the NBA. What's he gonna say Lebron is not top 5? He's going to pump up whoever won.

Your're forgetting about the 8 turnovers Manu had in game 6. Plus, two offensive rebounds led to 6 points for the heat. Rebounds and free throws cost the Spurs #5.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]=n8l_6jFZxjA[/YOUTUBE]

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8l_6jFZxjA]Drake denied access to Heat locker room - YouTube[/ame]

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Heat will have to reload around Lebron. Wade and Bosh can take paycuts but are they going to be any good? Wade is already on the decline. If the Heat make the Finals again next year then that's 4 straight years which is a tough toll on any NBA body. Allen, Miller, Battier, Anderson will probably not be on NBA teams in 2 years. So it's a big question on what the Heat will do to get the talent for Lebron.

In any case, I think there's only 3 legitimate teams that can sign Lebron. Heat, Cavs and Lakers. Cavs have a nice young nucleus but did Gilbert ruin his relationship with Lebron. If Lebron wants to be the worldwide phenom then he signs with the Lakers. The end of next season is gonna be interesting.

a healthy bulls or pacers team will beat miami.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bro, Magic "Says" a lot of things. Magic said Kobe was the greatest Laker which is simply not true, I would take Magic easily.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a healthy bulls or pacers team will beat miami.

When #1 comes back, with a healthy Noah, Deng, Los, Gibson and the emergence of Jimmy The Butler it's going to go down, Thibs will be working with K on the Olympic squad, I wish it was November right now. The Bulls must re-sign Nate Robinson, if that does happen, regardless of any move the Heat make, short of getting D. Howard, we are taking them OUT.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When #1 comes back, with a healthy Noah, Deng, Los, Gibson and the emergence of Jimmy The Butler it's going to go down, Thibs will be working with K on the Olympic squad, I wish it was November right now. The Bulls must re-sign Nate Robinson, if that does happen, regardless of any move the Heat make, short of getting D. Howard, we are taking them OUT.

i'm expecting big things from teague next year. nate deserves more mins than he would get behind rose. plus i would rather put nate's money towards a shooter.