• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Heat up 2-1

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Spurs' only chance of winning this series was winning game 4. I don't see it happening now.

Maybe, the big question for Game 5, 6 and 7 though will be which version of Dwayne Wade shows up. He is the big reason they won Game 4. If he plays at least 2 of the next 3 games like that the Heat will win the title. If he goes back to the Wade he has been all during the playoffs then the Spurs likely still take it. The Heat will have to win back to back games and so far no one in this series has been able to do that. If they keep trading the Spurs win in 7.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You just have to ask yourself what's best for ratings and that's how the series is going to go :D

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened last night? Spurs in 5? No way, Spurs in 6? Not happening either, maybe Miami in 6, def in 7

Emmanuel Ginobli happen....

He needs to be more productive. :gaah: If he can't, then T-Mac should get some of his minutes. At This point, I can't imagine McGrady playing worse than Ginobli. "Manu" hasn't been his old self, early in the shot clock his been taking ill advised shots and also has been turning the ball over.

For the Spurs win, Ginobli needs to show up.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He needs to be more productive. :gaah: If he can't, then T-Mac should get some of his minutes. At This point, I can't imagine McGrady playing worse than Ginobli. "Manu" hasn't been his old self, early in the shot clock his been taking ill advised shots and also has been turning the ball over.

I don't know about that. I think Pop might want to consider cutting Ginobli's minutes. He is hurting more than helping them right now.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. I think Pop might want to consider cutting Ginobli's minutes. He is hurting more than helping them right now.

He is super sloppy with the ball. I will say though, I have a ton of respect for Duncan. He is one of the better guys in sports.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened last night? Spurs in 5? No way, Spurs in 6? Not happening either, maybe Miami in 6, def in 7

I think the Spurs' only chance of winning this series was winning game 4. I don't see it happening now.

The way this series is going, whenever one team wins it appears they will win the series. This is how I felt in the Divisional game in 2011. Before the Saints went up for the first time, I thought, "we're going to win!" Then, they scored and I thought, "shit, they came back, we're going to lose." When we had the bootleg, I thought, "come on defense, we're going to win. (No exclamation point.)" Then, Graham scored, and I thought, "well, that was good as it lasted, knew Brees was going to win it." Then, the Alex Smith - Vernon Davis Catch III happened, and I thought, "anything could happen." I wasn't going to jinx us into a botched ST play.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Parker's injury is also a huge problem. I still think the Spurs can win game 5 but I don't see them winning on the road with the way Parker and Manu are playing.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said to my friends before this series that it's going 7, and it's going to go 7.

It seems as if when one team wins, the other gets super motivated to win the following game, and in grand fashion.

I'm not the biggest James fan, but he's proving in this series, and essentially in almost every game he plays in, why he's the best player on the planet and will probably go down as one of the top 5-10 players the game has ever seen. With that said, the Spurs are an excellent shooting team that can spread you out. Their X - factor is Ginobili - we've seen the Spurs when he's off but if he plays well, that's tough sledding for the Heat.

The Heat did a marvelous job of defending the rim and tightening up their defense in the paint during game 4 as evidenced with those tremendous blocks they had on Duncan and company. However, I still think the Spurs can exploit the Heat inside.

Let's not forget, the Spurs have clinched all of their prior series on the road, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them win a game 7 in Miami.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this has been the most up and down unpredictable Finals series I can remember in quite some time. Spurs win Game 1 despite a Triple-Double from Lebron. Heat blow out the Spurs in Game 2 despite a bad night from Lebron and Wade. Spurs blowout the Heat in Game 3 thanks to 2 role players (Green and Neal) shooting the lights out from 3. Wade and Lebron finally show up big in Game 4 and the Heat win comfortably, but then Ginobli decides to show up finally in Game 5 and the Spurs win comfortably. What happens next? Seriously the most consistent part of this series has been that Danny Green is not going to miss 3-pointers very often.

Despite being down 3-2 the Heat are still in control of this series. Their role players will play a lot better back at home. The Spurs will need a huge game from Parker and someone else to take another game on the road.

I say the Heat win big in game 6. They seem to play really well when they feel the pressure of losing on them. That sets up what will be a crazy Game 7 where anything can and probably will happen. I see a Game 7 coming down to the final few position and ending up probably the closes game in the series.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs playing games 6 & 7 in Miami almost seems unfair. I don't know if GINOOOOOOOOBBBBBLLLLIIIIIIIIIIII has the legs to have back to back big games, so I think Heat take game 6, and if Miami wins on Tuesday, I think the Spurs only shot in game 7 is their combined Finals experience among Parker, 'Nobli & the Big Fundamental (Timmy D).

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this has been the most up and down unpredictable Finals series I can remember in quite some time. Spurs win Game 1 despite a Triple-Double from Lebron. Heat blow out the Spurs in Game 2 despite a bad night from Lebron and Wade. Spurs blowout the Heat in Game 3 thanks to 2 role players (Green and Neal) shooting the lights out from 3. Wade and Lebron finally show up big in Game 4 and the Heat win comfortably, but then Ginobli decides to show up finally in Game 5 and the Spurs win comfortably. What happens next? Seriously the most consistent part of this series has been that Danny Green is not going to miss 3-pointers very often.

Despite being down 3-2 the Heat are still in control of this series. Their role players will play a lot better back at home. The Spurs will need a huge game from Parker and someone else to take another game on the road.

I say the Heat win big in game 6. They seem to play really well when they feel the pressure of losing on them. That sets up what will be a crazy Game 7 where anything can and probably will happen. I see a Game 7 coming down to the final few position and ending up probably the closes game in the series.

Strangely compelling series with only 1 game not being a blowout. I agree with your whole last statement. Short turnaround means Heat blowout and a Game 7 that nobody will be able to predict.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spurs put out the heat in 6.

lots of talk about the 'big 3'. the only big 3 this series has been green.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge Spurs fan. Here's why I think the Spurs close it out in game 6. Since 2003, the Spurs are 14-2 in series clinching games ON THE ROAD. The rest of the NBA during that time: 61-75. The Spurs are one of the few teams over that last decade that are true CLOSERS. Should be a fun series, but eventually the NBA is going to take notice that in order to win in the NBA you must play great team defense, you must have constant ball movement, and everyone on the court needs to be a threat. The years of isolation offensive basketball is quickly being overtaken by what the Spurs have been able to do, which is dismantle teams on offense.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the spurs are just an excellent coached team with savvy vets. this might be their last championship, but 5 in what 11 years? impressive

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it wasn't a blowout. The Spurs only have themselves blame for that lost. Leonard makes both free throws it's game over. You come up with at least 1 of the defensive rebounds off missed 3's it's game over. The Spurs got hosed twice in OT when Ginobli got fouled driving to the basket, but it went uncalled. Then again on the Green 3 point attempt that ended the game, but you can't rely on officials to make those calls against the home team late in games. The Spurs should have finished it in regulation.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game 6. Hoping for a great game 7 but wonder how much energy the Big 3 of the Spurs will have.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs had to make their free throws and rebound....coulda woulda shoulda. Hopefully, the spurs 3pt shooting comes back in gm 7.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it wasn't a blowout. The Spurs only have themselves blame for that lost. Leonard makes both free throws it's game over. You come up with at least 1 of the defensive rebounds off missed 3's it's game over. The Spurs got hosed twice in OT when Ginobli got fouled driving to the basket, but it went uncalled. Then again on the Green 3 point attempt that ended the game, but you can't rely on officials to make those calls against the home team late in games. The Spurs should have finished it in regulation.

I don't think they got hosed at all. Ginobli's looked like the ball was out before the arm got hit, and Green there didn't look like there was contact to me, but I would have to see it again. If you call either of those though, you have to call the foul on Green against Lebron on the fast break. Lebron might have initiated contact, but everyone does that and it always gets called. Ginobli especially. But aside from all that, both players (Green and Ginobli) traveled anyway. Ginobli's was obvious.