• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Heat up 2-1

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see LeBron join the Spurs after the 2013-2014 season. Let see what he does with a great coach...

I originally thought the Spurs in 6...may be in 5 now.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see LeBron join the Spurs after the 2013-2014 season. Let see what he does with a great coach...

I originally thought the Spurs in 6...may be in 5 now.

So the Spurs in 5 now? After a couple days ago the Spurs were down 27pts and end up losing by 20, now the Spurs blow the heat our by 30 and now they will win the rest? I always found this theory funny in the playoffs, one team wins and that team has all the Mo now then the other team comes back and wins and they wont lose again. This series is going to be a long one. Danny Green and Gary Neal who are scrubs wont shoot 13/19 from 3 and combine for 55 pts again

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he cheated on his wife. So do many athletes. They are dirt bags for it. But as a fan of sports I don't care if Magic, Jordan, Tiger or whoever cheated on their wives.

However his r*pe accusal and to hold it against him is just lame. His accuser didn't want to testify in court so why shouldn't we forget about it? The accuser obviously did.

Sorry I wont forget about it, he was accused of r*pe, and the worst think LBJ has done was the pep rally, kind of funny when you critize him for that but Kobe being a dirt bag is forgotten about, sorry but not even close

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I wont forget about it, he was accused of r*pe, and the worst think LBJ has done was the pep rally, kind of funny when you critize him for that but Kobe being a dirt bag is forgotten about, sorry but not even close

Dude I've been defending Lebron. What the hell are you talking about? Maybe re-read the thread.

If you don't want to forget about his r*pe accusal that's fine. Most people have since Kobe is more popular then at any point of his career.

Last edited by a moderator:

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Spurs in 5 now? After a couple days ago the Spurs were down 27pts and end up losing by 20, now the Spurs blow the heat our by 30 and now they will win the rest? I always found this theory funny in the playoffs, one team wins and that team has all the Mo now then the other team comes back and wins and they wont lose again. This series is going to be a long one. Danny Green and Gary Neal who are scrubs wont shoot 13/19 from 3 and combine for 55 pts again

Scrubs? How Many spurs games have you watched before these NBA finals?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dude I've been defending Lebron. What the hell are you talking about? Maybe re-read the thread.

If you don't want to forget about his r*pe accusal that's fine. Most people have since Kobe is more popular then at any point of his career.

People are mixing a bunch of different issues together here.

When the Heat lose to the Spurs, the Heat will be 1 for 3 in the finals, and there will be lots of question marks going into the offseason of whether or not the Heat will be on the decline next year.
So Lebron, Wade, and Bosh will look like the 3 stooges for having that stupid pep rally where they said they were going to win 5 championships. They will look like a bunch of idiots IMHO.

Shaq, Kobe, Jordan, all 3 of them cheated on their wives, Kobe was accused of more than just cheating. But that's a completely separate discussion.

Shaq and Kobe had personality conflicts, and other non-champion players like Dwight Howard had issues with coaching, but again that's a completely seperate discussion. Sure these players may have been immature with teammates and coaches.

But I cannot recall any of these players, EVEN JORDAN, guaranteeing 5 championships. They may have guaranteed they will win a game in a series, or win a game when they were in the heat of the moment, but not at a pre-season pep rally.

I think Lebron is a top 10 greatest player of all time, but I will be happy when they lose to the Spurs this season and then he has to open his mouth and insert his foot in there because he guaranteed 5 championships.

Jordan/Kobe/Shaq etc. never opened mouth, inserted foot.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many Finals games does it take for the most dominate player in the NBA to show up?

I'm not going to look it up but did a Jordan led Bulls team ever lose a playoff game or better yet a Finals game by 36 points or more? Did they ever even lose one by 20 points or more? Did Jordan ever even go 3 straight Final games with less than 20 points scored? How about 3 straight playoff games? Greatest player of all-time Lebron is not. Best player today...I'll give him that, but it's not by as much as some think.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love what the Spurs have done. They have in essence forced LBJ's supporting cast to beat them with their stellar perimeter defense on LBJ while offering weak support from the rest of the Miami roster. Offensively, the Spurs have been running a clinic all playoffs. I said Spurs in 5 before the beginning of this series and I stand by it. If the Spurs win tonight, the blood's in the water and the Spurs will finish the job. This is a make/break game for Miami.

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love what the Spurs have done. They have in essence forced LBJ's supporting cast to beat them with their stellar perimeter defense on LBJ while offering weak support from the rest of the Miami roster. Offensively, the Spurs have been running a clinic all playoffs. I said Spurs in 5 before the beginning of this series and I stand by it. If the Spurs win tonight, the blood's in the water and the Spurs will finish the job. This is a make/break game for Miami.

Im thinking it was TobyTyler/NN who called this a few weeks back as the formula to beat the Heat. NN knows his shit!

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking it was TobyTyler/NN who called this a few weeks back as the formula to beat the Heat. NN knows his shit!

I think given that both Bosh and Wade are overrated, I think this is pretty basic in terms of how to stop the Heat. The difference is that the Spurs have both the discipline and the horses (Leonard and Green are the best pair of 2-3 defensive duo in the league, bar none) to actually make that happen.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the Heat are going to live or die on Lebron's jump shot tonight. The Spurs are going to let him have it so he has to make it. If Lebron can't show he is a scoring threat from mid-range the Spurs will continue to have the edge in this series.

Role players are better in home games, and I think this series has clearly shown that to still be true. The Heat can't depend on anyone not named Lebron to carry them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrubs? How Many spurs games have you watched before these NBA finals?

Actually had NBA league pass along with NFL ticket and MLB extra innings. My direct TV bill is thru the roof, however I watched Gary Neal play all year, he is a scrub who fell out of the rotation earlier in the playoffs and has been averaging like 5pts per game now he cant miss from 3. Danny Green isnt a scrub, he is average, these guys wont continue to shoot this well. Also Vegas has the Heat as a 2pt fav tonight. So they also dont put much stock into the 30pt blowout as you

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the Heat are going to live or die on Lebron's jump shot tonight. The Spurs are going to let him have it so he has to make it. If Lebron can't show he is a scoring threat from mid-range the Spurs will continue to have the edge in this series.

Role players are better in home games, and I think this series has clearly shown that to still be true. The Heat can't depend on anyone not named Lebron to carry them.

Agreed, King James needs to hit a couple jumpers then attack from there

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still the case?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Still the case?

Of course not! The Heat turn from the best team of all time to an average team who doesn't belong in the finals every couple of days. The sky just keeps falling, and then:

a2lp.jpg

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually had NBA league pass along with NFL ticket and MLB extra innings. My direct TV bill is thru the roof, however I watched Gary Neal play all year, he is a scrub who fell out of the rotation earlier in the playoffs and has been averaging like 5pts per game now he cant miss from 3. Danny Green isnt a scrub, he is average, these guys wont continue to shoot this well. Also Vegas has the Heat as a 2pt fav tonight. So they also dont put much stock into the 30pt blowout as you

Gary Neal fell out of the rotation due to his defense, (Cory Joesph is a better defender) it had nothing to do with offensive skills.

Vegas adjust their odds to the team getting higher volume of bets. That is what they "put their stock in."

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Neal fell out of the rotation due to his defense, (Cory Joesph is a better defender) it had nothing to do with offensive skills.

Vegas adjust their odds to the team getting higher volume of bets. That is what they "put their stock in."

What happened last night? Spurs in 5? No way, Spurs in 6? Not happening either, maybe Miami in 6, def in 7

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not! The Heat turn from the best team of all time to an average team who doesn't belong in the finals every couple of days. The sky just keeps falling, and then:

a2lp.jpg

nba is always like this. although game 5 imo is the key to this series.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think the Spurs' only chance of winning this series was winning game 4. I don't see it happening now.