• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Heat up 2-1

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole flopping business Miami does gets carried away at times and it often determines the outcome of games. [Chalmers, Battier, Bosh, LeBron, Wade, & Haslem] if there were a measure of flops per minute, you'd probably find all six of them in the top 25. They're talented enough as is to contend for a championship, so I'd like to see players getting hefty fines at least in the playoffs for this tomfoolery,

Every team flops, I watch every playoff game, and LBJ does take a lot of punishment going to the rim, he is the best player on the planet and the Heat are the best team. Should be a good finals between the Heat and Spurs

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team flops, I watch every playoff game, and LBJ does take a lot of punishment going to the rim, he is the best player on the planet and the Heat are the best team. Should be a good finals between the Heat and Spurs

pacers and the spurs

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan was the foundation, but he still couldn't win until he got Pippen. The rest of the team were pretty good themselves. Great role players in those Bulls years. Lebron left because he couldn't get any good players to go to Cleveland. That isn't his fault. I wouldn't want to go to Cleveland either. Magic always had other hall of famers with him, as did Kobe/Shaq. Why is Lebron the only one who gets crap for it? If he started in a place where free agents would want to play, he would have stayed there and won championships.

As far as one of the big 3 to go... I would get rid of Wade. He has been too beat up his career. Keep Bosh and when you have to pay him again, don't give him a max deal. Then try and get another guy on a slightly lesser level to come play there.

It wasn't just Pippen though as you said - they needed Grant, followed by Rodman for the next 3 titles along with a sleu of perimeter players. When the Bulls lost Grant to Orlando, they couldn't do anything against Grant/Shaq/Anfernee??? because they couldn't rebound. Rodman changed that with his relentless rebounding and his willingness to defend (and annoy) the likes of Shaq and Zo during their days with their respective teams.

LBJ going to Miami just goes to show you need at least 2 superstars on your team to win a title. The only exception I can think of were the Detroit Pistons who beat the Lakeshow and shocked the quadruplets of Shaq/Kobe/Payton/Malone. It's a rare a solid team that lacks a bonafied superstar can pull upsets like that - another team I can think of were the Warriors of 75 although I believe Rick Barry and Nate Thurmond were on those teams, and although both are in the hall of fame, they didn't garnish the type of allure that their counterparts did back then (I'm talking about Jerry West, Wilt, Jabbar, etc).

I have to say, seeing Jordan/Pippen/Phil Jackson going for that second trio of championships is one of the best basketball moments I have ever witnessed.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, the way the Spurs have been moving on through the West, the NBA Finals with them and Miami should be interesting. Will the Spurs be 5-0 in titles, or will LBJ exact his revenge on Duncan and company for that Finals loss?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just Pippen though as you said - they needed Grant, followed by Rodman for the next 3 titles along with a sleu of perimeter players. When the Bulls lost Grant to Orlando, they couldn't do anything against Grant/Shaq/Anfernee??? because they couldn't rebound. Rodman changed that with his relentless rebounding and his willingness to defend (and annoy) the likes of Shaq and Zo during their days with their respective teams.

LBJ going to Miami just goes to show you need at least 2 superstars on your team to win a title. The only exception I can think of were the Detroit Pistons who beat the Lakeshow and shocked the quadruplets of Shaq/Kobe/Payton/Malone. It's a rare a solid team that lacks a bonafied superstar can pull upsets like that - another team I can think of were the Warriors of 75 although I believe Rick Barry and Nate Thurmond were on those teams, and although both are in the hall of fame, they didn't garnish the type of allure that their counterparts did back then (I'm talking about Jerry West, Wilt, Jabbar, etc).

I have to say, seeing Jordan/Pippen/Phil Jackson going for that second trio of championships is one of the best basketball moments I have ever witnessed.

u need 2 stars to win consistently. then u have one year wonders like the mavs or pistons.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, the way the Spurs have been moving on through the West, the NBA Finals with them and Miami should be interesting. Will the Spurs be 5-0 in titles, or will LBJ exact his revenge on Duncan and company for that Finals loss?

lebron might end up being 1 and done if wade can't get his health back

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole flopping business Miami does gets carried away at times and it often determines the outcome of games. [Chalmers, Battier, Bosh, LeBron, Wade, & Haslem] if there were a measure of flops per minute, you'd probably find all six of them in the top 25. They're talented enough as is to contend for a championship, so I'd like to see players getting hefty fines at least in the playoffs for this tomfoolery,

Flops? I thought the NBA banned that... or is they typical professional sports thing happening where the rules get glazed over for the best teams?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Flops? I thought the NBA banned that... or is they typical professional sports thing happening where the rules get glazed over for the best teams?

Pretty much. They were supposed to review tape and fine players after the fact for flopping. But I can't recall any star players being subject to these fines.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Big game tonight Heat - Pacers game 4 baby! Most excited I've been for a basketball game all season long.

Pacers lose and I think they are done. Pacers win and I think the last 3 games will be a dog fight and it will go the distance to 7 games.

As far as the Spurs go, Greg Poppovich is a genius coach. To get the production he's getting out of that team is nothing short of amazing.
Tony Parker is good, but Duncan is 37, Ginobili is old too, and some guys I think are sub-par players who are good at just one thing or defensive liabilities (Splitter - the starting center who really isn't good at much at all, The Red Mamba who is only good for 3's) but the way they are playing as a team is at super high efficiency.

Who guards Lebron though on the Spurs? Lebron will be unstoppable against the Spurs. The Spurs don't even have anyone who can theoretically guard Lebron. :-) At least the Pacers have George, West and Hibbert.
Splitter, Duncan or Leonard cannot guard Lebron.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game tonight Heat - Pacers game 4 baby! Most excited I've been for a basketball game all season long.

Pacers lose and I think they are done. Pacers win and I think the last 3 games will be a dog fight and it will go the distance to 7 games.

As far as the Spurs go, Greg Poppovich is a genius coach. To get the production he's getting out of that team is nothing short of amazing.
Tony Parker is good, but Duncan is 37, Ginobili is old too, and some guys I think are sub-par players who are good at just one thing or defensive liabilities (Splitter - the starting center who really isn't good at much at all, The Red Mamba who is only good for 3's) but the way they are playing as a team is at super high efficiency.

Who guards Lebron though on the Spurs? Lebron will be unstoppable against the Spurs. The Spurs don't even have anyone who can theoretically guard Lebron. :-) At least the Pacers have George, West and Hibbert.

Not really, He just plays the game the way it was meant to be played with ball movement and spacing and each man playing to his strengths with the "team success" as the ultimate goal. He also has players who allow themselves to be coached; unlike, say, the Clippers.

As for who guards lebron james, you let him have his and you shut down everyone else. that is the key to beating Miami.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They also have Diaw, Dejuan Blair, and Tracy Mcgrady. The spurs have the bodies to throw at James. They just have to keep him out of the paint.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it a coincidence James fouls out after he okays flopping?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foul on David West:

ku-xlarge.gif

I had to share this.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not really, He just plays the game the way it was meant to be played with ball movement and spacing and each man playing to his strengths with the "team success" as the ultimate goal. He also has players who allow themselves to be coached; unlike, say, the Clippers.

As for who guards lebron james, you let him have his and you shut down everyone else. that is the key to beating Miami.

This can't be emphasized enough.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, they probably found their next solid all around player in Leonard. Once he works on hitting the 3's, he'll be a pretty complete player. Also, Green was a really nice find for them - I can see him matchup against Wade during the Finals should Miami get that far.

As far as who guards Lebron for the Spurs, they won't have one man entirely matched up with him, but a rotation of players. Plus, the Spurs are solid defensively especially in the interior of the paint so don't count them out on that department. Duncan can still defend the paint and they are excellent at crowding the paint and stripping the ball away - just ask Steph Curry.