• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Heat up 2-1

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I want the heat to lose to the Pacers.

I still cannot get over that arrogant, absurd pep rally they had when James and Bosh came to Miami. It would love to see them go 1 for 3 with losses to Dallas in year one and the Pacers in year 3. It would be even better if they end up being one and done. The big 3 in Miami don't have such a big window of opportunity.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe Hibbert got a 75k fine for his comments after the game. The league will drop a 2 ton hammer down on a guy for making a real statement after a game, but only give a slap on the wrist to players for things that happen on the court. He absolutely deserved the fine for the language used, but 75k for that versus 5k for flopping just doesn't seem to equal out. Flopping effects the game being played a lot more than comments afterward.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but flopping is not as bad as someone making a gay slur comment, and furthermore King James is the best player in the NBA, and its not close. He should have won the DPOY with the MVP, he guards every damn position and can score on anyone, flat out

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but words are just words and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Racism and what not would be far less of an issue if everyone just stopped making such big deals out of statements like Hibbert made. It's not like he was specifically calling out homosexual people and saying he hated them. He just the word homo out of context. Does anyone else watch South Park? That show is a nothing but words being taking out of context. Most every comedian makes their living by doing such. Millions of people find those things funny and that includes people that are the butt of the jokes. What makes it ok and funny for them, but not ok and spiteful for others? If he had said he doesn't play like a girl would that have been sexist? Would that have deserved a 75k fine as well?

It's just silly to me that the NBA and the media over react to something so trivially. Why not put more emphasis on something that matters like how the Heat can't rebound, or how Lebron pitched a fit like a child on the court because Hibbert stopped his drive to the basket. Then of course you have the story of the Big 1 as it seems Wade and Bosh are not better than Allen, Lewis, and Battier right now. It's almost mind boggling that the Heat are struggling so much right now with that roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the way hibbert is owning the paint, the nba might charge him property taxes next

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not watching the game, and I haven't heard a thing about it yet, but it was my prediction that the ref's were not going to let there be a Pacers - Spurs finals if the game is close. The NBA would lose too much money.

We've seen this kind of thing happen before like in '02 with Kings VS Lakers (and I can say that with complete objectivity because I'm not an NBA fan at all).

...Although I am rooting for the Heat because I think people have BS reasons for hating Lebron James. I think it's really jealousy in indignation's clothing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Heat up 72 to 53. Doesn't look like the ref's are gonna be a factor in this one.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Heat up by 23 with just over 7 min. t' go. Fat lady warming up.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not watching the game, and I haven't heard a thing about it yet, but it was my prediction that the ref's were not going to let there be a Pacers - Spurs finals if the game is close. The NBA would lose too much money.

We've seen this kind of thing happen before like in '02 with Kings VS Lakers (and I can say that with complete objectivity because I'm not an NBA fan at all).

...Although I am rooting for the Heat because I think people have BS reasons for hating Lebron James. I think it's really jealousy in indignation's clothing.

This is the exact reason why I'm rooting for the Heat also.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its the way he went about it. look at duncan, dude just goes out and does his business. ppl respect that.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the Kings had a chance to win that game - the only problem you may ask? They forgot to make their free throws down the stretch, otherwise it would have been a Kings - Pacers finals.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hopeful that the Spurs can win this series. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Gregg Popovich as a coach. I think with all that he has accomplished he is still vastly under rated. This will be his toughest challenge yet, but I believe he will find the answers.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
But the Kings had a chance to win that game - the only problem you may ask? They forgot to make their free throws down the stretch, otherwise it would have been a Kings - Pacers finals.

This is the same thing people say about the Niners in SB 47. Mistakes notwithstanding, both teams got a ROYAL screw job by the referees. So did the Seahawks in SB 40 & others. Every team makes mistakes in championship games (even the winners). They have to overcome mistakes. They shouldn't have to overcome an enormous gift of an advantage from the referees because there's nothing they can do about them.

I'm pretty sure the ref's would've given the advantage to the Heat if it were close, but it didn't come to that.