• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I am happy. I hate both teams. Brady will take credit for something he had nothing to do with, and they will be tainted because of their cheating shit. And now Pete looks like a dumbass and Sherman was pouting and all sad looking. Also Seahawks fans will STFU now about the legion of boom.

I hoped this would shut the stupid seahawks fans up, but they'll just blame the play call and say they were the better team. Cant stand most of that fan base at all

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hoped this would shut the stupid seahawks fans up, but they'll just blame the play call and say they were the better team. Cant stand most of that fan base at all

The better team doesn't throw the ball there...But you know that.

Or if you have to throw...well you don't throw a quick slant...You run a bootleg and look for a TE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better team doesn't throw the ball there...But you know that.

Or if you have to throw...well you don't throw a quick slant...You run a bootleg and look for a TE.

Even Pete didn't believe the dumbass excuse he made for that call. He knew they weren't even in straight goal line D and had 3 CB's on the field. A wasted play alright, that is mind boggling

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I take from all of this is that the Cowboys STOMPED the team which should've won the Super Bowl. Not a bad year for the boys.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carrol's explanation for why they threw the ball should be a fire able offense. What a jackass. If you didn't like what the defense was giving you then you call a timeout. You don't have the QB drop back and "waste a play."

Awful call we all know that and maybe the explanations will never justify what was called but fireable offense over that is certainly a knee jerk reaction.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their o-coordinator is Darrell Bevell, but I would be pretty surprised to learn if Pete Carroll didn't at the very least give that play his blessing, if not actually call the play himself.

No question Carroll knew the play and signed off on it. It was a major blunder and choke job from the coaching staff. Seattle should have won this game but I'll certainly give credit where its due and New England came to play and Brady certainly did deliver in the 4th.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks fans are idiots and their fan base gets way too much credit for supposedly being great and amazing fans. I hate claiming things bandwagon but much of that overly added hype is a very recent thing within the past decade or so if even that.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks fans are idiots and their fan base gets way too much credit for supposedly being great and amazing fans. I hate claiming things bandwagon but much of that overly added hype is a very recent thing within the past decade or so if even that.

I lived in Denver in 1976-79 and Seattle was in the AFC West at the time and their fans were loud then when they played in the Kingdome. And they were loud when the Rangers had to play there back when Oates and company started to make it to the playoffs. I hated having to play there. So they are loud. Now idiotic could be true.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should not have a job in the NFL if you call a "waste play" in that situation. That's just absurd and unacceptable. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving jackass.

So. According to this statement, as of today, if you're the Seahawks, Pete doesn't have a job. This correct?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if my Cowboys had pulled that, I would be calling for the play callers head. As close to you can get to a SB win with Lynch in your backfield and you do that. UNBELIEVABLE

Same coach/coaches who have taken your team to two straight SB and you're fire them over one play call.

Overreact much?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. According to this statement, as of today, if you're the Seahawks, Pete doesn't have a job. This correct?

Pete is covering for a bumbling OC. And it's a weak ass excuse. The OC should be out of a job no doubt.

His game plan was to have Wilson consistently throw jump balls down field and pray Matthews Kearse or Lockette caught the ball. They were only in position to score because of a freak play anyway. It was as bad of s blunder as you can have.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has mentioned that NE was backed up inside the 2 with 20 seconds to play, and then Seattle completely lost their composure. The Seahawks had a chance to make the Pats run two plays, at least, and taking a knee twice right inside the two isn't very doable.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete is covering for a bumbling OC. And it's a weak ass excuse. The OC should be out of a job no doubt.
Sometime there is no excuse for what happens. This is one of them! Dang right somebody needs to go. This was not a mere oversight. It was the epic blunder of Super Bowl history.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also it's sports. So I would have fired and rehired Jason Garret like 80 times by now! We get the luxury of being crazy and making snap decisions because they won't affect us ever. So fire Pete and whoever else!!! And then rehire them the next day after you cool off.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His game plan was to have Wilson consistently throw jump balls down field and pray Matthews Kearse or Lockette caught the ball. They were only in position to score because of a freak play anyway. It was as bad of s blunder as you can have.

You are a complete and total "over-reactor."

The OC has been with the organization since 2011, and you fire him - apparently him alone - for a game plan, which has to be at least semi-approved by the HC.

Ridiculous.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a complete and total "over-reactor."

The OC has been with the organization since 2011, and you fire him - apparently him alone - for a game plan, which has to be at least semi-approved by the HC.

Ridiculous.

Fire everyone after a choke job!!! Including the guys who sell beer.

But seriously when guys openly rip the play call in the locker room after it's probably not very good for team cohesion going forward. Hopefully Lynch will remain professional like he was when asked about the play. He handled it well. I sure as hell would have been mad. He called it a team game.

And the nfl is a reactionary place. We've seen better coaches fired for less over the years.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way more fun to be all crazy and over the top when talking about football. Most of what is said here is hyperbole.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same coach/coaches who have taken your team to two straight SB and you're fire them over one play call.

Overreact much?
Maybe. Maybe not. Jimmy Johnson was fired for less.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also it's sports. So I would have fired and rehired Jason Garret like 80 times by now! We get the luxury of being crazy and making snap decisions because they won't affect us ever. So fire Pete and whoever else!!! And then rehire them the next day after you cool off.

:lol: Now that I got a kick out of.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have ever watched any shows in regards to the USC-Texas Rose Bowl for the National Championship you will hear USC players talk about the 4th and 1 play where Texas stopped Lindell White short of the 1st down and VY took Texas down for the winning TD. They could not understand why Reggie Bush was not also out there in the backfield so that it gave the Texas defense and additional back to be concerned with. They had done that the entire game and then on 4th and 1 at the most critical moment it was just White and all eyes were focused on him. Even White said he did not understand it and you would have to to and ask the coaches. So Carroll while getting good results can make some odd calls in big situations.