• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Denver in 1976-79 and Seattle was in the AFC West at the time and their fans were loud then when they played in the Kingdome. And they were loud when the Rangers had to play there back when Oates and company started to make it to the playoffs. I hated having to play there. So they are loud. Now idiotic could be true.

I've got a couple of buddies from Seattle and they say that until their recent run of success a decade ago they were just a team that a great deal of the city didn't really care for or was crazy about. I realize that it's the true for any organization that has success but the media and their fans to always claim that the Seahawks are the best fans in the NFL and one of the best in pro sports is probably a stretch. If it remains close to this way even when they're mediocre or bad then I certainly won't mind giving them such praise.

Plus maybe it's just me but until the last few years I just don't ever remember hearing how amazing Seahawks fans were going back to the 90's even. But then again I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have ever watched any shows in regards to the USC-Texas Rose Bowl for the National Championship you will hear USC players talk about the 4th and 1 play where Texas stopped Lindell White short of the 1st down and VY took Texas down for the winning TD. They could not understand why Reggie Bush was not also out there in the backfield so that it gave the Texas defense and additional back to be concerned with. They had done that the entire game and then on 4th and 1 at the most critical moment it was just White and all eyes were focused on him. Even White said he did not understand it and you would have to to and ask the coaches. So Carroll while getting good results can make some odd calls in big situations.
Those "odd" calls is no way to write your legacy.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Maybe not. Jimmy Johnson was fired for less.

Com'on now. Johnson was fired due to the differences in personalities, and a massive ego divide, between he and Jones. It wasn't remotely related to anything football wise.

And as much as I rain on Jerry every chance I get, Jimmy should have been fired.

You can only be disrespectful to the guy who signs your check for so long, no matter how good a job you do.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone wants to fire a HC so bad, then go fire that nitwit Mike McCarthy in Green Bay.

He's made blunder after blunder for years, and his complete loss of control/common sense during their loss to Seattle should have done him in IMO anyway.

And then he comes out and tries to defend his undefendable decisions.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Com'on now. Johnson was fired due to the differences in personalities, and a massive ego divide, between he and Jones. It wasn't remotely related to anything football wise.

And as much as I rain on Jerry every chance I get, Jimmy should have been fired.

You can only be disrespectful to the guy who signs your check for so long, no matter how good a job you do.

When you're winning ego's should be set aside and that's precisely what should have been done between Jimmy and Jerry. I'm not sure if he was being disrespectful but the football guy was making the decisions regarding personnel and as Jimmy has stated it was in his contract. Jerry wanted and still wants that credit to the point where I'm convinced he'd rather be the guy in charge getting all the credit or not with not being a winning team than letting other people handle the football stuff and win SB's like a Robert Kraft or any other professional sports owner.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're winning ego's should be set aside and that's precisely what should have been done between Jimmy and Jerry. I'm not sure if he was being disrespectful but the football guy was making the decisions regarding personnel and as Jimmy has stated it was in his contract. Jerry wanted and still wants that credit to the point where I'm convinced he'd rather be the guy in charge getting all the credit or not with not being a winning team than letting other people handle the football stuff and win SB's like a Robert Kraft or any other professional sports owner.

Jimmy was known for being caddie in Jerry's presence back in the day.

Don't get me wrong, Jones was at times a clown-of-clowns. But still, he owned the team, signed Jimmy's checks, and if you choose to poke fun of the boss, then the cost can be your job.

And that second part about Kraft is very well stated sir. :clap:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a couple of buddies from Seattle and they say that until their recent run of success a decade ago they were just a team that a great deal of the city didn't really care for or was crazy about. I realize that it's the true for any organization that has success but the media and their fans to always claim that the Seahawks are the best fans in the NFL and one of the best in pro sports is probably a stretch. If it remains close to this way even when they're mediocre or bad then I certainly won't mind giving them such praise.

Plus maybe it's just me but until the last few years I just don't ever remember hearing how amazing Seahawks fans were going back to the 90's even. But then again I could be wrong.

Those guys must be a lot younger than me. When Zorn and Largent were on a roll that place was loud. I am not saying they are the best fans and many fans are band wagoners but the Cowboys would like that kind of noise right now.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree completely. Jimmy got fired for wanting to do his job. Pete screwed up beyond belief and that is far worse than anything Jimmy did. Jerry's ego could not stand not having complete control and set the stage for conflict between an owner and a proven SB coach who got fired b/c Jerry had a pea for a brain.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has mentioned that NE was backed up inside the 2 with 20 seconds to play, and then Seattle completely lost their composure. The Seahawks had a chance to make the Pats run two plays, at least, and taking a knee twice right inside the two isn't very doable.

I mentioned it over on the Superbowl thread during the game, they still had a chance to make a play and timeouts and they decided to implode jumping offsides

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same coach/coaches who have taken your team to two straight SB and you're fire them over one play call.

Overreact much?

I don't think its an overreact at all, the team and fans have been questioning his play calling all year and then this happened. You go look at the Seahawks board after their loss to the Cowboys, they wanted Bevell gone then. It is football and probably not fair but one play can define your legacy. That play while being only 1 play kept them from repeating as SB Champs, which doesn't happen often these days. If he is going to do something this inept on the biggest stage and at the biggest time in the game, do you want him calling the plays for your team?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its an overreact at all, the team and fans have been questioning his play calling all year and then this happened. You go look at the Seahawks board after their loss to the Cowboys, they wanted Bevell gone then. It is football and probably not fair but one play can define your legacy. That play while being only 1 play kept them from repeating as SB Champs, which doesn't happen often these days. If he is going to do something this inept on the biggest stage and at the biggest time in the game, do you want him calling the plays for your team?
That wasn't just one play either. It was the play. Think what impact "the play" had on the owner, players,coach's, fans and dollar losses. The results are to huge to brush aside.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Warren Sapp arrested for solicitation and assault

Posted by Josh Alper on February 2, 2015, 3:25 PM EST

Warren Sapp has had a few run-ins with the law in recent years and the list reportedly got a little longer on Monday morning.

TMZ was the first to report that Sapp was arrested on solicitation charges on Monday morning in Phoenix. According to the report, Sapp was picked up at a hotel in Phoenix and also charged with assault. ABC15 in Phoenix is reporting the same charges for Sapp.

“We were contacted by the Phoenix Police Dept. today in a matter involving a guest,” a representative for the unnamed hotel told TMZ. “We are cooperating with police as they look into the situation since it is an active investigation. We have no further comment.

Sapp was in Phoenix for his role with NFL Network. As a league employee, Sapp would presumably face potential discipline under the league’s new personal conduct policy which “establishes clear standards of behavior for all NFL personnel” with special focus on crimes including assault. PFT reached out to NFL Network for comment, but has not received a response.

What a shame, he doesn't pay his child support and then doesn't pay the hooker

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't just one play either. It was the play. Think what impact "the play" had on the owner, players,coach's, fans and dollar losses. The results are to huge to brush aside.

This is all true as well

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned it over on the Superbowl thread during the game, they still had a chance to make a play and timeouts and they decided to implode jumping offsides

Sorry......I missed your post.

The off-sides was bad enough. Then Irvin went batshit and the rest is history.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry......I missed your post.

The off-sides was bad enough. Then Irvin went batshit and the rest is history.

Well Irvin has apologized to the kids today, so all is good right?

It is still ridiculous to me that these guys get paid what they do and cant be role models and want to whisk it all away the day after by simply issuing a public apology.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Warren Sapp arrested for solicitation and assault

Posted by Josh Alper on February 2, 2015, 3:25 PM EST

Warren Sapp has had a few run-ins with the law in recent years and the list reportedly got a little longer on Monday morning.

TMZ was the first to report that Sapp was arrested on solicitation charges on Monday morning in Phoenix. According to the report, Sapp was picked up at a hotel in Phoenix and also charged with assault. ABC15 in Phoenix is reporting the same charges for Sapp.

“We were contacted by the Phoenix Police Dept. today in a matter involving a guest,” a representative for the unnamed hotel told TMZ. “We are cooperating with police as they look into the situation since it is an active investigation. We have no further comment.

Sapp was in Phoenix for his role with NFL Network. As a league employee, Sapp would presumably face potential discipline under the league’s new personal conduct policy which “establishes clear standards of behavior for all NFL personnel” with special focus on crimes including assault. PFT reached out to NFL Network for comment, but has not received a response.

What a shame, he doesn't pay his child support and then doesn't pay the hooker
What a sap. lol

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most coaches have their proponents and their detractors. I get this completely. And Lord knows, Pete has a bunch of both. Honestly, I'm not a fan of his. He's always done silly shit to me.

He's always been one of those coaches who makes "questionable decisions" and yet USC and now the SeaHawks are reaping the benefits. That's the facts.

Have ya even thought about "if they had scored on that pass" what the lack-of-verbal-ramifications would be right now? And fans tend to overreact one-way-or-the-other, regardless.

So, OK. Let's fire Pete and his OC and go get who? Be fair now.