• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans fans sure are in a hissy though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the other day, I think 4 for $20 would get it done and is fair for both player and team, they will find a way to make it work I believe. Though if they don't its not the end of the world, there are plenty of options that would probably work out as well.

4/20 isn't going to get it done. Especially after the deal Lynch was offered where he would make 10 next year. I don't think 4/20 would've gotten it done regardless though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It presents every reason why you should and shouldn't sign Murray.

Just goes to show ya, there are lots of ways to go about winning games.

I'm all for resigning Murray, but at team friendly cost. We don't need to take advantage of him, or forget what he's given us - hopefully will give too - but, we shouldn't discount his number of carries this past season, nor his injury history.

Well said. I agree.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. One of the all time worst play calls on SB history down at the goal line.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really agree with his reasoning here, but I know in the past in other sports I've been glad to see certain teams get eliminated, so I can kind of see where he's coming from. I was actually rooting for Green Bay to win yesterday, but oh well.

We now have a situation where... Detroit should have beaten Dallas, Dallas should have beaten Green Bay, and Green Bay should have beaten Seattle. Will we be saying Seattle should have beaten New England?

And the circle is completed! Detroit blows a 4th quarter lead to Dallas and loses in strange fashion. Dallas blows a 4th quarter lead to Green Bay and loses in strange fashion. Green Bay blows a 4th quarter lead to Seattle and loses in strange fashion. And now Seattle blows a 4th quarter lead to New England and loses on a strange play call at the goal line.

4 weeks in a row where an NFC team had command of the game in the 4th quarter and ultimately succumbed with the help of a random officiating ruling, strange play, or head-scratching play call.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. One of the all time worst play calls on SB history down at the goal line.

One of, if not the worst play call I can remember in that type of situation. Especially when running the ball only favors you by running time off of the clock. Beyond DUMB

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of, if not the worst play call I can remember in that type of situation. Especially when running the ball only favors you by running time off of the clock. Beyond DUMB

And still 3 more downs to go from the 1 yard line and timeout(s) left. If I am a Seattle fan I am going crazy over that play call.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the circle is completed! Detroit blows a 4th quarter lead to Dallas and loses in strange fashion. Dallas blows a 4th quarter lead to Green Bay and loses in strange fashion. Green Bay blows a 4th quarter lead to Seattle and loses in strange fashion. And now Seattle blows a 4th quarter lead to New England and loses on a strange play call at the goal line.

4 weeks in a row where an NFC team had command of the game in the 4th quarter and ultimately succumbed with the help of a random officiating ruling, strange play, or head-scratching play call.

Very true. The NFC side of the playoffs was as strange as they come. Leaves the fans for each losing team just tossing and turning after the game is over.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe Belichick didn't call a TO and it paid off.

He got soooooo lucky that Pete Carroll decided not to just plow straight ahead with Lynch. That was such terrible clock mis-management by Belichick. If Lynch runs that in, Brady only has about 15 seconds to put them into FG range.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still 3 more downs to go from the 1 yard line and timeout(s) left. If I am a Seattle fan I am going crazy over that play call.

Yeah if my Cowboys had pulled that, I would be calling for the play callers head. As close to you can get to a SB win with Lynch in your backfield and you do that. UNBELIEVABLE

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if my Cowboys had pulled that, I would be calling for the play callers head. As close to you can get to a SB win with Lynch in your backfield and you do that. UNBELIEVABLE

Their o-coordinator is Darrell Bevell, but I would be pretty surprised to learn if Pete Carroll didn't at the very least give that play his blessing, if not actually call the play himself.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carrol's explanation for why they threw the ball should be a fire able offense. What a jackass. If you didn't like what the defense was giving you then you call a timeout. You don't have the QB drop back and "waste a play."

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their o-coordinator is Darrell Bevell, but I would be pretty surprised to learn if Pete Carroll didn't at the very least give that play his blessing, if not actually call the play himself.

Update: Now that I've heard the post game interviews, it seems like both are taking credit for the poor play call. Revell said he was to blame, but Carroll said that once they saw the Pats line up in their goal line run defense, he decided to just waste a play to burn clock and that particular play call was his doing.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Now that I've heard the post game interviews, it seems like both are taking credit for the poor play call. Revell said he was to blame, but Carroll said that once they saw the Pats line up in their goal line run defense, he decided to just waste a play to burn clock and that particular play call was his doing.

Should not have a job in the NFL if you call a "waste play" in that situation. That's just absurd and unacceptable. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving jackass.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carrol's explanation for why they threw the ball should be a fire able offense. What a jackass. If you didn't like what the defense was giving you then you call a timeout. You don't have the QB drop back and "waste a play."

Yeah, that made zero sense. Even IF you're going to do something foolish like intentionally waste a play, why not keep it safe and run the ball instead of putting everything at risk by calling such a quick hit in such tight quarters where the ball could be easily tipped and/or picked.

Beyond stupid.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah thats why I didn't commit to Carroll or Bevell but whomever it was should at the least be burned at the stake

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that made zero sense. Even IF you're going to do something foolish like intentionally waste a play, why not keep it safe and run the ball instead of putting everything at risk by calling such a quick hit in such tight quarters where the ball could be easily tipped and/or picked.

Beyond stupid.

Like I said, I am happy. I hate both teams. Brady will take credit for something he had nothing to do with, and they will be tainted because of their cheating shit. And now Pete looks like a dumbass and Sherman was pouting and all sad looking. Also Seahawks fans will STFU now about the legion of boom.