• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A cap friendly guaranteed deal for Murray could be a great option. A 4 for 20 with say a 5th year team option w/buyout or something to that effect. So it's a win win for both sides in that the cap hit is fine and normal and Murray is still getting his guaranteed money with enough length.

I said the other day, I think 4 for $20 would get it done and is fair for both player and team, they will find a way to make it work I believe. Though if they don't its not the end of the world, there are plenty of options that would probably work out as well.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the other day, I think 4 for $20 would get it done and is fair for both player and team, they will find a way to make it work I believe. Though if they don't its not the end of the world, there are plenty of options that would probably work out as well.

Ya I'm pretty sure it will get worked out as well with both Dez and Demarco. I can't see Jerry letting this thing slip away.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy Josh Gordon just cant stay out of his own way. So sad, very talented.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where ESPN's Insider, Matt Williamson ranks the Cowboys in under 25 talent.

21. Dallas Cowboys

Tyron Smith, OT (24): It is amazing that Smith is still only 24 years old. The argument can be made that he is already the best offensive lineman in the league. Smith is a great athlete who continues to refine his technique, and his best attribute is his strength. When he locks on, it's over.

Zack Martin, G (24): A masher in the run game, Martin is also stellar in protection. The argument could be made that Martin is the most impressive rookie on offense in the NFL this season -- and that includes Odell Beckham Jr.

Travis Frederick, G (23): Frederick is already one of the best centers in football. Stout enough to handle big-bodied defensive tackles but also athletic enough to get to the second level and block out in space, Frederick is a complete football player.

Tyrone Crawford, DE (25): Crawford is the Cowboys' best defensive player right now. Very disruptive in the middle of the defense, he makes plays in the backfield versus the run and gets after the quarterback consistently.

Terrance Williams, WR (25): Williams benefits greatly from the attention paid by defenses to the Cowboys' running game and Dez Bryant, but he is still a big-time talent with a knack for making plays.

Others of note: Cole Beasley, Ronald Leary, Rolando McClain*, Lance Dunbar, Morris Claiborne, Sterling Moore, DeMarcus Lawrence, Gavin Escobar, DeVonte Holloman, J.J. Wilcox, Devin Street, Joseph Randle, Anthony Hitchens

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Adam Schefter:

Which team will land potential free-agent-to-be Ndamukong Suh? Many around the league do not expect the Lions to use their franchise tag on Suh because it would cost them $26.87 million -- just too steep a price. Assuming Suh is not tagged, he will be free to leave, and he probably would be the most desirable unrestricted free agent on the market. Those who know Suh believe that playing in New York, Dallas or Chicago always has appealed to him. The four teams in those cities certainly have the need; then again, any team could use Suh.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray wins OFFENSIVE PLAYER of the YEAR. Deserved!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Haley made it......HOF

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article. Thanks for posting. Interesting that the comments had different views about RB's. Pat's have little at rb and Seahawks have a very good one and both are in the super bowl.

Yeah. It presents every reason why you should and shouldn't sign Murray.

Just goes to show ya, there are lots of ways to go about winning games.

I'm all for resigning Murray, but at team friendly cost. We don't need to take advantage of him, or forget what he's given us - hopefully will give too - but, we shouldn't discount his number of carries this past season, nor his injury history.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo and Murray both got 2 votes for MVP.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It presents every reason why you should and shouldn't sign Murray.

Just goes to show ya, there are lots of ways to go about winning games.

I'm all for resigning Murray, but at team friendly cost. We don't need to take advantage of him, or forget what he's given us - hopefully will give too - but, we shouldn't discount his number of carries this past season, nor his injury history.
Guess that debate will be settled today. I still like the rb theory.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have been more if they had defeated GB.

Makes little sense to me if that's the case. It's a regular season award. That should be voted on before the playoffs even start. Brady was locked out because the whole deflate gate nonsense.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. But the Pats sure have figured out a way to win without one; for years and years too.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you gotta know your roster more than anything and maximize your strengths. With Wilson at QB Seattle essentially has two RBs on the field if Lynch is in the game. You have to pick your poison as a defense. And with New England they will just throw whatever RB they want out there and it works for them, because Gronk and Edelman are hard to cover so you cannot really stack against the run. Both offenses work because they don't try to be something they are not.

That's why Dallas was so good this year. They didn't try to go 5 wide the whole game and only run because you should sometimes.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes little sense to me if that's the case. It's a regular season award. That should be voted on before the playoffs even start. Brady was locked out because the whole deflate gate nonsense.
Did not realize the cut off was the regular season. Agree on the Brady thing.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not realize the cut off was the regular season. Agree on the Brady thing.

Well Watt, didn't play in the post season but got 13 votes, so looks like some voters see it that way and some do not. Seems silly for it to be a combined thing.