• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team mates love him. A lot of Texans don't think what he did was wrong. I don't think it would be a problem.

Far bigger risk bringing in AP than Murray. There's no way you can just plug in any RB and expect the same results. You don't get 1800+ yards in a season by accident. He is a great RB that can read the blitz, and catch the ball as well. That's not easy to find. Murray did not break down as the season went on as defenses more times than not stacked the box and and wanted to do anything to stop Murray and the run game. Also need to keep in mind that Murray hasn't played just a whole lot in his career because he's been injured. Murray will be fine for the next few years at least as he's only 26. Far bigger risk to get AP not to mention his mammoth salary and I think it's only fair for this core group to remain intact and stay together for another run or two while Romo's window is still there.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far bigger risk bringing in AP than Murray. There's no way you can just plug in any RB and expect the same results. You don't get 1800+ yards in a season by accident. He is a great RB that can read the blitz, and catch the ball as well. That's not easy to find. Murray did not break down as the season went on as defenses more times than not stacked the box and and wanted to do anything to stop Murray and the run game. Also need to keep in mind that Murray hasn't played just a whole lot in his career because he's been injured. Murray will be fine for the next few years at least as he's only 26. Far bigger risk to get AP not to mention his mammoth salary and I think it's only fair for this core group to remain intact and stay together for another run or two while Romo's window is still there.

Adrian Peterson is Adrian Peterson...He could plug and play in any offense and do well. I don't think they should sign him, but not for that reason. The dude is a beast.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Peterson is Adrian Peterson...He could plug and play in any offense and do well. I don't think they should sign him, but not for that reason. The dude is a beast.

Not dismissing his talent but he's also 3-4 years older, hasn't played this season and has had a shit ton of workload in his career. Who knows just what you'll get out of him and how long. AP will get his years and big money regardless and all things equal I'll give the nod to Murray because he's a part of this important core and he's much younger.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not dismissing his talent but he's also 3-4 years older, hasn't played this season and has had a shit ton of workload in his career. Who knows just what you'll get out of him and how long. AP will get his years and big money regardless and all things equal I'll give the nod to Murray because he's a part of this important core and he's much younger.

I am pretty bitter at Murray for fumbling, but for the right price he's always welcome back.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on your previous post with AP not having played this year he should be fresh. I can understand the reasons for not wanting to sign him but there are few running backs with his speed and power. As Rev said and you agreed he is a beast. This is a top tier RB.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on your previous post with AP not having played this year he should be fresh. I can understand the reasons for not wanting to sign him but there are few running backs with his speed and power. As Rev said and you agreed he is a beast. This is a top tier RB.

He'll be on the wrong side of 30 soon with several years of a full workload. So yes perhaps he's more fresh but given his age and not playing a year there's no telling what he'll be. He might be the exception but his age concerns me as well as his money. As a whole Murray hadn't gotten a big workload until this season and combined with his age I think I'd give the nod to Murray.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's more than that. He is something no one needs.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be on the wrong side of 30 soon with several years of a full workload. So yes perhaps he's more fresh but given his age and not playing a year there's no telling what he'll be. He might be the exception but his age concerns me as well as his money. As a whole Murray hadn't gotten a big workload until this season and combined with his age I think I'd give the nod to Murray.
Me too. He deserves it for his merit and hard work plus he doesn't present controversy for the Cowboys like AP surly would.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's more than that. He is something no one needs.

Me too. He deserves it for his merit and hard work plus he doesn't present controversy for the Cowboys like AP surly would.

LOL! Like I said I understand the concerns because of his character lately and never said we should sign him over Murray. I would love to have Murray back and we did have concerns about his health leading into this past year. But as far as a RB goes he may be the best still in the league.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Like I said I understand the concerns because of his character lately and never said we should sign him over Murray. I would love to have Murray back and we did have concerns about his health leading into this past year. But as far as a RB goes he may be the best still in the league.

Sign em both! Oh wait...Salary caps exist.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign em both! Oh wait...Salary caps exist.

If we didn't we would have had a few more championships under our belt back in the Aikman, Smith, Irvin days. That team was loaded on both sides of the ball. But Jerry Jones was a big backer on a salary cap.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan goes to the Skins. Why would you leave Dallas for DC? Makes no sense what so ever.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we didn't we would have had a few more championships under our belt back in the Aikman, Smith, Irvin days. That team was loaded on both sides of the ball. But Jerry Jones was a big backer on a salary cap.

The salary cap wasn't really what killed the Cowboys dynasty era. Too many ill advised and big contracts which led to a ton of dead money combined with awful and boneheaded drafting killed the franchise and pretty much has made this franchise mediocre at bet on the field for nearly 2 decades now.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan goes to the Skins. Why would you leave Dallas for DC? Makes no sense what so ever.

He's the OC there now so I imagine he got enough of a pay raise to warrant his move. Plus he was demoted from the OC duties and when other teams called for his availability last off season the Cowboys rejected him speaking to other teams. I imagine while there probably wasn't any bad blood between the two I think if given the chance Callahan wanted to move on.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the OC there now so I imagine he got enough of a pay raise to warrant his move. Plus he was demoted from the OC duties and when other teams called for his availability last off season the Cowboys rejected him speaking to other teams. I imagine while there probably wasn't any bad blood between the two I think if given the chance Callahan wanted to move on.

He wasn't a very good OC. He found his niche as a line coach.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why on earth do you think there wouldn't be any bad blood when the Cowboys demoted the guy, then shit in his wallet for better opportunities? He had a chance to go to the Ravens as OC last year, but the Cowboys blocked this move.

As far as I'm concerned, good for Calahan and he's been nothing but a true professional here since he got here, and especially after the way the team treated him last season.

The Cowboys broke a cardinal rule IMO. You should never stand in the way of someone gaining a better position. Never...........

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why on earth do you think there wouldn't be any bad blood when the Cowboys demoted the guy, then shit in his wallet for better opportunities? He had a chance to go to the Ravens as OC last year, but the Cowboys blocked this move.

As far as I'm concerned, good for Calahan and he's been nothing but a true professional here since he got here, and especially after the way the team treated him last season.

The Cowboys broke a cardinal rule IMO. You should never stand in the way of someone gaining a better position. Never...........

Well boiling bad blood maybe not but I'm pretty sure Callahan was disappointed. That said the Cowboys did have the right to reject it. Every time I've heard him on interviews he's been nothing but first class and I'm going to just guess that if there wasn't bad blood it was more disappointment in not being able to elsewhere last off season.

And his work and role with helping that OLine this year shouldn't be ignored. He's well regarded league wide and he certainly deserves a great deal of credit for making that OLine awesome.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't a very good OC. He found his niche as a line coach.

Things didn't work out here as OC sure but he's a great football mind and is a more than capable OC.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things didn't work out here as OC sure but he's a great football mind and is a more than capable OC.

I agree......And two things about his tenure here as OC....(1) The Cowboys weren't committed to running the ball. Seems Garrett gets a lot of credit for being a better HC once he made up his mind to do so doesn't it? (2) Some guys learn and get better the 2nd time around.

I don't know the specifics of his deal the Skins, but I do know it's for 3 years. And he may be in a position to move up depending on what happens with Gruden next season.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree......And two things about his tenure here as OC....(1) The Cowboys weren't committed to running the ball. Seems Garrett gets a lot of credit for being a better HC once he made up his mind to do so doesn't it? (2) Some guys learn and get better the 2nd time around.

I don't know the specifics of his deal the Skins, but I do know it's for 3 years. And he may be in a position to move up depending on what happens with Gruden next season.

Plus we need to keep in mind that his offense has never been run based from what I recall. He's always been a west coast offense guy and I believe he was still using Garrett's playbook.