• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.....that's not actually, totally true.

You're correct in that the whole "throwing the flag/making an announcement/picking up the flag without an announcement" kind of thing wouldn't be a huge deal at all.

However, the fact remains it was a penalty on the Cowboys one way or the other. And there should have been a secondary one on our resident idiot - Mr Dez - and would have put the Lions around our 15.

This wasn't a Hail-Mary kind of play. I know you guys this. Detroit had the ball this possession and again, and still couldn't capitalize.

6 POINTS SINCE THE FIRST QUARTER....what exactly did you think - Lions/Media - was gonna happen?

Oh sure there would be talks in that it was a missed call because there was PI, holding etc but I believe it astronomically increased because they announced it only to reverse it 20 seconds later. Like I said it's certainly a call that Lions fans have ever reason to bitch about but that is not the reason they lost the game IMO.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Lord in Heaven....is this crap never gonna end?

NFL tells Detroit Lions officials missed holding on Dallas Cowboys' fourth-down conversion - ESPN

Ya know, the Cowpaddies played a horrid game overall, and now this total disrespect of the winning effort has gotten completely out of control.

Is the NFL going to come back and tell us the calls they got wrong against the Cowboys. Cowboy haters looking for all the ammo they can muster. Fire away but we will be watching our team in Green Bay Sunday.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt there has ever been a game played that holding went unaccounted for. Good grief. Whats worse the players didn't cause the problems. It's all on the NFL Refs

I heard it said you could call holding on almost every play.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the forecast for Sunday is a high of 23 degrees in Green Bay. That is great compared to the temps up there right now.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Jerry Jones, I'd be on ESPN right now "discussing" some of the calls which weren't made for us, and some which were made against us.

The NFL has stepped over the line IMO...way over.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Jerry Jones, I'd be on ESPN right now "discussing" some of the calls which weren't made for us, and some which were made against us.

The NFL has stepped over the line IMO...way over.
If I'm JJ I don't turn over any rocks. I'm in the play off's and as soon as they are over this fiasco will die down and any discussions I have will be in the off season.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm JJ I don't turn over any rocks. I'm in the play off's and as soon as they are over this fiasco will die down and any discussions I have will be in the off season.

Perhaps you're right. But I sure think the NFL is going out of it's way to make it seem the Cowboys stole the game via the referees decisions.

Doesn't seem fair at all.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you're right. But I sure think the NFL is going out of it's way to make it seem the Cowboys stole the game via the referees decisions.

Agree with you 100%.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the forecast for Sunday is a high of 23 degrees in Green Bay. That is great compared to the temps up there right now.

Yeah I am very thankful to be living in Texas for many reasons but very thankful for the weather this time of year especially. I have no interest in shoveling snow or frozen roads. It is supposed to be 18 degrees here in the morning, however.

23 degrees is probably going to feel warm in GB after the past week

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not fair and you wouldn't expect it from the NFL

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's beyond anything I've ever seen. I understand the need to address the controversial no-call situation. But I'm still trying to figure out what the NFL was hoping to achieve by coming out and saying that a holding call was missed against the Cowboys. Really?!?! Holding calls are missed on almost every other play in all NFL games. Holding has always been and will always be largely a discretionary or "if they saw it" call.

There were missed calls against the Lions. Both Aikman and Ferreira pointed them out on air. Why hasn't the NFL released statements about those? Why haven't they released statements about the missed calls which affected the outcome of the other 3 Wild Card games?

I have never in my life seen so much scrutiny and uproar surrounding one game. You'd think they had found a paper trail of direct payouts from Jerry to each official's bank account with the amount of coverage that the NFL and journalists are giving this. Have blown calls never happened before? Did they not matter until now? Why on earth would the NFL want to create such hatred toward its most valuable franchise? What purpose does illegitimizing all future Cowboys victories serve?

Even Obama is weighing in on how Lions fans should feel so cheated (as if his opinion on sports should matter).

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's beyond anything I've ever seen. I understand the need to address the controversial no-call situation. But I'm still trying to figure out what the NFL was hoping to achieve by coming out and saying that a holding call was missed against the Cowboys. Really?!?! Holding calls are missed on almost every other play in all NFL games. Holding has always been and will always be largely a discretionary or "if they saw it" call.

There were missed calls against the Lions. Both Aikman and Ferreira pointed them out on air. Why hasn't the NFL released statements about those? Why haven't they released statements about the missed calls which affected the outcome of the other 3 Wild Card games?

I have never in my life seen so much scrutiny and uproar surrounding one game. You'd think they had found a paper trail of direct payouts from Jerry to each official's bank account with the amount of coverage that the NFL and journalists are giving this. Have blown calls never happened before? Did they not matter until now? Why on earth would the NFL want to create such hatred toward its most valuable franchise? What purpose does illegitimizing all future Cowboys victories serve?

Even Obama is weighing in on how Lions fans should feel so cheated (as if his opinion on sports should matter).

From listening/watching some shows today one of the things I learned is the Lions submitted two plays to the NFL for review, which is their right. So like you, when this initially happened - the statement about the missed holding call - I was absolutely outraged.

And the league responds to each team which submits plays. Once they did, you know it was only a matter of minutes, if that, before whatever their findings were, were going to be "leaked."

I guess all-in-all, this is about what we should have expected and probably why JJ didn't come out half cocked - which honestly, I think I was this morning - and start slinging counter charges/film, etc.

DT probably had this situation sized up properly early today. Let's just sit back, get to next Sunday, win the game in GB and count our blessings.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Hitzges' show this morning he said the running into our punter shouldn't have been a penalty due to the fact Jones was already starting to fall when the contact was made.

I'm normally a pretty Norm fan and defender. But this is total crap Mr Norm.

So, if the punter falls down it's permissible to plow into him? Really?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they are even throwing Gov Christie into this mess. Why does that even matter. I think it would be hilarious if Dallas won the Super Bowl just for the mere fact that it would irritate so many people. I even saw a Green Bay fan state that the NFL wants a big market team moving on so he is worried about the Packers losing to Dallas. LOL! You have to be kidding me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they are even throwing Gov Christie into this mess. Why does that even matter. I think it would be hilarious if Dallas won the Super Bowl just for the mere fact that it would irritate so many people. I even saw a Green Bay fan state that the NFL wants a big market team moving on so he is worried about the Packers losing to Dallas. LOL! You have to be kidding me.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't. But perception is reality in many cases and having the Governor of the great state of NJ sitting in the box with America's teams' owner, just ain't gonna sit well with a lot of people.

Seriously, the GB fan is right. The NFL would love to see Dallas in the Super Bowl. It makes for great theater ya know? But this doesn't mean there's going to be any hanky-panky going on in GB to make this happen.