• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant needs to keep his head on his shoulders and know his place in these games. If he would have cost us that game with his going onto the field he would have never heard the end of it. His volatility can be a positive if channeled in the right way.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant needs to keep his head on his shoulders and know his place in these games. If he would have cost us that game with his going onto the field he would have never heard the end of it. His volatility can be a positive if channeled in the right way.

The epitome of a million dollar talent, and a nickels worth of brains.

He's incapable of "keeping his head on his shoulders" and I think the Boys know it. They're just not sure what to do about it.

IMO, I'd have to look at putting the franchise tag on him - at least for next season - due to his stupidity, both on and off the field. And this may mean we have to say good bye to Murray b/c the best thing to do for both of those players, in a perfect football world, would be to franchise DeMarco and sign Dez long term.

But this stupid beast is holding the franchise somewhat hostage by the fact he's never going to be anything more than a room full of dynamite. It/he is going to blow up, but we don't know when.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The epitome of a million dollar talent, and a nickels worth of brains.

He's incapable of "keeping his head on his shoulders" and I think the Boys know it. They're just not sure what to do about it.

IMO, I'd have to look at putting the franchise tag on him - at least for next season - due to his stupidity, both on and off the field. And this may mean we have to say good bye to Murray b/c the best thing to do for both of those players, in a perfect football world, would be to franchise DeMarco and sign Dez long term.

But this stupid beast is holding the franchise somewhat hostage by the fact he's never going to be anything more than a room full of dynamite. It/he is going to blow up, but we don't know when.

Do what? Dez has not had any off the field issues for years now. And his on the field performance speaks for itself. They had better pay Dez Bryant or they will be in a world of hurt next season. What has he done that has hurt the team? Guys yell on the sidelines. I've seen Romo called out for not doing it more. Brady does it and he's called some magical leader. Dez yells and he's stupid? I don't understand it. Does a young black guy yelling at someone on the sideline really make people that uncomfortable? I just don't get the double standard.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do what? Dez has not had any off the field issues for years now. And his on the field performance speaks for itself. They had better pay Dez Bryant or they will be in a world of hurt next season. What has he done that has hurt the team? Guys yell on the sidelines. I've seen Romo called out for not doing it more. Brady does it and he's called some magical leader. Dez yells and he's stupid? I don't understand it. Does a young black guy yelling at someone on the sideline really make people that uncomfortable? I just don't get the double standard.

Apparently you were still at the store when he stormed 10+ yds onto the field to protest the call against Hitchins. Why he wasn't flagged for this is a mystery. Warranted 15 yds, no question.

The police have been called to his house 6 times in the last 14 months. You aware of this? None of it was for beating up his mom, I'll grant ya that. How many times the cops been to your house in that same length of time?

Speaking of his house, are you aware the Cowboys are very concerned about the company he keeps there? According to the security team assigned to monitor such things, as many as 10 people - some of questionable character - live there, at least on a temporary basis. How many folks you got living at your place?

And don't use the fucking race card! I didn't and you're completely outta line for doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you were still at the store when he stormed 10+ yds onto the field to protest the call against Hitchins. Why he wasn't flagged for this is a mystery. Warranted 15 yds, no question.

The police have been called to his house 6 times in the last 14 months. You aware of this? None of it was for beating up his mom, I'll grant ya that. How many times the cops been to your house in that same length of time?

Speaking of his house, are you aware the Cowboys are very concerned about the company he keeps there? According to the security team assigned to monitor such things, as many as 10 people - some of questionable character - live there, at least on a temporary basis. How many folks you got living at your place.

And don't use the fucking race card! I didn't and you're completely outta line for doing so.

Why would I be aware of this? I googled it and I found a deadspin article that showed it's kind of a blown out of proportion story. Records Show Cop Visits To Dez Bryant's Home Were Mostly Nothingburgers

It's none of my business who lives with Dez Bryant. Frankly I don't know why you care who lives with him. If Jerry Jones cares that's between the organization and Dez.

Oh and he wasn't flagged because there is no rule that says it's an automatic penalty. That rule about helmets only applies to the players on the field. The league office confirmed that with their breakdown of the game.

So seeing as how Dez hasn't hurt the Cowboys on the field, I don't quite understand why his personal life is so important. He shows up and he plays with about as much passion as I've ever seen from a guy on the field. He wasn't blessed with being eloquent, but he's far from a headache and his teammates love him. Jerry Jones has made lots of mistakes in his day, but letting Dez walk would be absolutely one of the all time worst.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I be aware of this? I googled it and I found a deadspin article that showed it's kind of a blown out of proportion story. Records Show Cop Visits To Dez Bryant's Home Were Mostly Nothingburgers

It's none of my business who lives with Dez Bryant. Frankly I don't know why you care who lives with him. If Jerry Jones cares that's between the organization and Dez.

Oh and he wasn't flagged because there is no rule that says it's an automatic penalty. That rule about helmets only applies to the players on the field. The league office confirmed that with their breakdown of the game.

So seeing as how Dez hasn't hurt the Cowboys on the field, I don't quite understand why his personal life is so important. He shows up and he plays with about as much passion as I've ever seen from a guy on the field. He wasn't blessed with being eloquent, but he's far from a headache and his teammates love him. Jerry Jones has made lots of mistakes in his day, but letting Dez walk would be absolutely one of the all time worst.

With or without his helmet is not the issue. He came onto the field from the sidelines to protest a call, and this should draw an automatic flag.

So it's all between Dez and the organization. Really? Then why should anyone post here to begin with? Since opinions and stats are only between the teams and players?

Who said anything about letting Dez walk? Other than you, of course.

There were several articles within the last few weeks in the DMN re: the Cowboys concerns about the "living arrangement" at Dez's house. And again, how many times the cops been to your house "for NothingBurgers" in the last 14 months?

If you don't think the team or us fans should be concerned just b/c he hasn't been arrested for something serious, well, there's something seriously flawed with your logic.

We'll see what happens. But my concern is - am allowed to voice it here without permission - we sink a bunch of money into his contract and then he wanders off the reservation, thus putting us further into salary cap hell than we already are.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

With or without his helmet is not the issue. He came onto the field from the sidelines to protest a call, and this should draw an automatic flag.

So it's all between Dez and the organization. Really? Then why should anyone post here to begin with? Since opinions and stats are only between the teams and players?

Who said anything about letting Dez walk? Other than you, of course.

There were several articles within the last few weeks in the DMN re: the Cowboys concerns about the "living arrangement" at Dez's house. And again, how many times the cops been to your house "for NothingBurgers" in the last 14 months?

If you don't think the team or us fans should be concerned just b/c he hasn't been arrested for something serious, well, there's something seriously flawed with your logic.

We'll see what happens. But my concern is - am allowed to voice it here without permission - we sink a bunch of money into his contract and then he wanders off the reservation, thus putting us further into salary cap hell than we already are.

The 14 month thing was not even accurate. The last time the cops were even there was in 2013. The actual numbers were over a 4 year period according to the police reports. One of the calls was for an infant being locked inside a car. Oh the humanity!!! Someone made a mistake and called the cops to help them get a baby out of a locked car.

The DMN stirring the pot isn't a cause for concern for me, and I highly doubt it is as serious as anyone writing there is making it. DFW media members are notorious for yellow journalism. This is like a smear job and I don't understand why.

Dez is gonna get paid. I just hope it's by Dallas. Don't wanna see him kicking their ass the rest of his career if they blow getting him extended.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Don,

I enjoy chatting/debating here with you a lot. Hope you know I respect you. I sometikes worry it all gets lost in translation. We are on the same team. The human team.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Don,

I enjoy chatting/debating here with you a lot. Hope you know I respect you. I sometikes worry it all gets lost in translation. We are on the same team. The human team.

No worries young man. We're fine as good wine. :suds:...I guess beer in this case.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Gawd........I went on SI's site and outta 15 articles "supposedly" of national interest, 4 of them are about the Cowboys and specifically "the call."

You'd think this play was in the end zone on the last play of the game and it cost the Lions the game.

Wasn't there an entire game played?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Gawd........I went on SI's site and outta 15 articles "supposedly" of national interest, 4 of them are about the Cowboys and specifically "the call."

You'd think this play was in the end zone on the last play of the game and it cost the Lions the game.

Yes there was an entire game played but not exactly the way it should have been if you are a Detroit fan. If the right call had been made and also against Dez, you or no one else knows what might have been. Had that happened to Dallas you couldn't sleep for the yelling. I don't blame Detroit but it's over. Done!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there was an entire game played but not exactly the way it should have been if you are a Detroit fan. If the right call had been made and also against Dez, you or no one else knows what might have been. Had that happened to Dallas you couldn't sleep for the yelling. I don't blame Detroit but it's over. Done!

I indeed would still be yelling. However, that "lack of call" did not cost them the game.

The fact they scored 6 points in the final 3 qts is what did em in.

And like you said yesterday (believe it was) calls are missed every game. Had that play have never been flagged, IMO, the uproar would be less than it is since they picked up the flag.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have every right to be pissed about that call/no-call. It wasn't made correctly and it did alter the game.

BUT, where I have a problem is the amount of dwelling that has been done on ONE MISSED CALL. They happen all over the place and multiple times per game. The only reason we'll "never know what Detroit could have done" is because Detroit botched the following sequence of plays and were not able to overcome the blown call. What about the horrible pass interference call against Terrence Williams? That was a blown call. What about the lack of a call on the Lions running into the Cowboys punter? What about the highly questionable holding call against Witten that backed them farther away from the end zone? Well, no one is talking about those because the Cowboys overcame all of those.

The truth is that had Jim Caldwell decided to go for it on 4th and 1 after the blown no-call, had they not then been penalized for delay of game, had their punter not shanked a 10-yard punt, had their defense stepped up and stopped the Cowboys, or had Stafford led them on a game-winning score, that no-call would be merely a footnote. But since none of that happened, suddenly there is this insane amount of discussion and dissection over ONE BLOWN CALL. It's ridiculous. Detroit fans are saying the whole game was fixed. Unoriginal and ignorant sportswriters are investigating the possibility.

Multiple bad calls were made, but apparently only one matters. Be pissed about it, fine. But at least be smart enough to rationalize that there is no conspiracy here and that it wasn't the call which determined the outcome of the game. ALL calls/no-calls, no matter how big or small, and no matter when they occur, affect the outcome of a game.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I indeed would still be yelling. However, that "lack of call" did not cost them the game.

The fact they scored 6 points in the final 3 qts is what did em in.

And like you said yesterday (believe it was) calls are missed every game. Had that play have never been flagged, IMO, the uproar would be less than it is since they picked up the flag.

Agree. I was thinking that if they never threw a flag to begin with there would not be quite the stink about the whole thing. On what should have been PI on the DB covering Witten no one is really raising cane about that because they did not throw and flag and pick it back up. In fact no one is talking about the bogus PI on Williams that cost us a 1st down because on the next play we get a 73 yd TD.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just something to think about and not really trying to make a tirade about any of this. Any one of these plays are made by Detroit and they most likely win.

*3rd and long after a bogus offensive PI and Dallas scores a 73 yd TD. If Detroit stops that 3rd down they are probably up 17-0 at the half.
*4th and goal and Dallas scored
*4th and 1 and Detroit punts and the punter chokes. On the ensuing drive Dallas has a 4th and 7 and gets the 1st down. If Detroit stops that drive right there Dallas is in big trouble.

There were bad calls both ways but seems to me that Dallas was able to overcome their adversity and Detroit was not. They failed in all 3 of those huge points in the game that would have turned the tide in their favor.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Held off on this HSO as long as I could but ... national media reflecting the perspective in Washington rooting for poor poor DET (the beaten down city) to have every advantage over DAL (the entitled man's team).

Would not have been surprised to see folks out in DET Sun eve marching with hands over their eyes shouting "They threw the flag and they picked it up" ... "They threw the flag and they picked it up" ... "They threw the flag and they picked it up".

Bound to be protesters in GB this weekend storming on the field to protest. Hope they dress warm.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Held off on this HSO as long as I could but ... national media reflecting the perspective in Washington rooting for poor poor DET (the beaten down city) to have every advantage over DAL (the entitled man's team).

Would not have been surprised to see folks out in DET Sun eve marching with hands over their eyes shouting "They threw the flag and they picked it up" ... "They threw the flag and they picked it up" ... "They threw the flag and they picked it up".

Bound to be protesters in GB this weekend storming on the field to protest. Hope they dress warm.

:pound:.........:10:

I've got it......."The immaculate flag which wasn't."

Last edited by a moderator:

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have every right to be pissed about that call/no-call. It wasn't made correctly and it did alter the game.

BUT, where I have a problem is the amount of dwelling that has been done on ONE MISSED CALL. They happen all over the place and multiple times per game. The only reason we'll "never know what Detroit could have done" is because Detroit botched the following sequence of plays and were not able to overcome the blown call. What about the horrible pass interference call against Terrence Williams? That was a blown call. What about the lack of a call on the Lions running into the Cowboys punter? What about the highly questionable holding call against Witten that backed them farther away from the end zone? Well, no one is talking about those because the Cowboys overcame all of those.

The truth is that had Jim Caldwell decided to go for it on 4th and 1 after the blown no-call, had they not then been penalized for delay of game, had their punter not shanked a 10-yard punt, had their defense stepped up and stopped the Cowboys, or had Stafford led them on a game-winning score, that no-call would be merely a footnote. But since none of that happened, suddenly there is this insane amount of discussion and dissection over ONE BLOWN CALL. It's ridiculous. Detroit fans are saying the whole game was fixed. Unoriginal and ignorant sportswriters are investigating the possibility.

Multiple bad calls were made, but apparently only one matters. Be pissed about it, fine. But at least be smart enough to rationalize that there is no conspiracy here and that it wasn't the call which determined the outcome of the game. ALL calls/no-calls, no matter how big or small, and no matter when they occur, affect the outcome of a game.

Thing is that none of this would be a story if the refs had not actually announced it. That's why this is all a big deal. Had they thrown the flag, discussed it amongst the referee crew and decided that there was no penalty on the play without announcing it in the stadium then the amount of SportsHoopla would be non existent.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is that none of this would be a story if the refs had not actually announced it. That's why this is all a big deal. Had they thrown the flag, discussed it amongst the referee crew and decided that there was no penalty on the play without announcing it in the stadium then the amount of SportsHoopla would be non existent.

Well.....that's not actually, totally true.

You're correct in that the whole "throwing the flag/making an announcement/picking up the flag without an announcement" kind of thing wouldn't be a huge deal at all.

However, the fact remains it was a penalty on the Cowboys one way or the other. And there should have been a secondary one on our resident idiot - Mr Dez - and would have put the Lions around our 15.

This wasn't a Hail-Mary kind of play. I know you guys this. Detroit had the ball this possession and again, and still couldn't capitalize.

6 POINTS SINCE THE FIRST QUARTER....what exactly did you think - Lions/Media - was gonna happen?