• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a Dallas beat writer, Tim MacMahon sure does hate on the local teams way too much. It's bad enough how often he picks against the Dallas teams and is way too negative toward them. But he is all over Twitter and his blog STILL talking about what a joke that controversial non-call was. I mean, he's doing it to the point where you can tell he is genuinely upset about it. There are Detroit fans who are less bitter about that non-call. I wouldn't have a problem if he were objective about it and presented his feelings about it one time. But to whine about it this much is just overkill.

Most local journalists across the country tend to be homers. MacMahon is the exact opposite, going out of his way to actively root against the local teams. He comes across as just miserable to be in Dallas.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a Dallas beat writer, Tim MacMahon sure does hate on the local teams way too much. It's bad enough how often he picks against the Dallas teams and is way too negative toward them. But he is all over Twitter and his blog STILL talking about what a joke that controversial call was. I mean, he's doing it to the point where you can tell he is genuinely upset about it. There are Detroit fans who are less bitter about that non-call.

Most local journalists across the country tend to be homers. MacMahon is the exact opposite, going out of his way to actively root against the local teams. He comes across as just miserable to be in Dallas.

Someone please show that fucker where to find a plane ticket to Detroit online

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a Dallas beat writer, Tim MacMahon sure does hate on the local teams way too much. It's bad enough how often he picks against the Dallas teams and is way too negative toward them. But he is all over Twitter and his blog STILL talking about what a joke that controversial non-call was. I mean, he's doing it to the point where you can tell he is genuinely upset about it. There are Detroit fans who are less bitter about that non-call. I wouldn't have a problem if he were objective about it and presented his feelings about it one time. But to whine about it this much is just overkill.

Detroit Cryons. They got Suh back and he cried and they lost.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please show that fucker where to find a plane ticket to Detroit online

He's the same asshole who picked against the Mavs in all 4 rounds in the 2011 playoffs. Even when the Mavs were the higher seed and favorites to win the series against OKC, he still picked against them just to hate on Dallas some more.

People rip on him for this very thing all of the time too. He's even been asked by his co-hosts on air just what his deal is and he never really answers. It's either just a lame shtick or he truly hates Dallas. Either way, it's annoying.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas can beat anybody. I don't think it matters at this point truth be told.

Have to beat GB or it matters none who wins Saturday, the Boys wouldn't be playing another game

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add ESPN's Jim Basquil (who?!?!) to the trash heap of know-nothing talking heads who don't deserve to have a job. On his Blitz segment with Eric Allen, he went on and on about how the Cowboys got "all of the flags" going their way at Jerry World today.

Umm, other than the one controversial picked up flag, what call exactly went the Cowboys' way? The ridiculous pass interference call on Terrence Williams? The no-call on the Lions running into the Cowboys punter Jones?

We lose entertaining and insightful broadcasters like Stuart Scott to cancer, yet asshats like Jim Basquil get to keep on stealing oxygen from the rest of us.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add ESPN's Jim Basquil (who?!?!) to the trash heap of know-nothing talking heads who don't deserve to have a job. On his Blitz segment with Eric Allen, he went on and on about how the Cowboys got "all of the flags" going their way at Jerry World today.

Umm, other than the one controversial picked up flag, what call exactly went the Cowboys' way? The ridiculous pass interference call on Terrence Williams? The no-call on the Lions running into the Cowboys punter Jones?

We lose entertaining and insightful broadcasters like Stuart Scott to cancer, yet asshats like Jim Basquil get to keep on stealing oxygen from the rest of us.

I revel in the Cowboy hate. It is all sour grapes man. They will try to find anyway to diminish the Cowboys victory regardless of the outcome. Romo did what they always said he could not and instead of admit and own up to it, they will just point to one call that didn't go Detroit's way today. People hate Dallas more than they love their own teams. Brutal fact of the NFL. I love every second of their irrational hatred. Who hates a franchise that hasn't won a Super Bowl in right at 20 years? Honestly who wastes their time doing that? Bunch of clowns I tell ya.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I revel in the Cowboy hate. It is all sour grapes man. They will try to find anyway to diminish the Cowboys victory regardless of the outcome. Romo did what they always said he could not and instead of admit and own up to it, they will just point to one call that didn't go Detroit's way today. People hate Dallas more than they love their own teams. Brutal fact of the NFL. I love every second of their irrational hatred. Who hates a franchise that hasn't won a Super Bowl in right at 20 years? Honestly who wastes their time doing that? Bunch of clowns I tell ya.

I can deal with the hate coming from other teams' fans. I guess I just get tired of not being able to watch knowledgeable sports coverage on tv anymore. I know I've beaten this dead horse before, but 99.9% of sports coverage these days is just ridiculous hyperbole and ignorant morons spouting off nonsense for ratings. I can't get over how every last media outlet around is just focusing on that one call. Nobody is mentioning the other bad calls or non-calls that went the Lions' way. They're just stirring the pot, using words like "conspiracy" and "payoff" just to rile up the masses who are too stupid to know better.

I know the best solution is to not watch or listen at all. But that's a shame, because as much as we all love to chat sports on here, I think we (and many others like us) would enjoy to watch a really good and intelligent sports show that provides insightful and balanced sports coverage.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can deal with the hate coming from other teams' fans. I guess I just get tired of not being able to watch knowledgeable sports coverage on tv anymore. I know I've beaten this dead horse before, but 99.9% of sports coverage these days is just ridiculous hyperbole and ignorant morons spouting off nonsense for ratings. I can't get over how every last media outlet around is just focusing on that one call. Nobody is mentioning the other bad calls or non-calls that went the Lions' way. They're just stirring the pot, using words like "conspiracy" and "payoff" just to rile up the masses who are too stupid to know better.

I know the best solution is to not watch or listen at all. But that's a shame, because as much as we all love to chat sports on here, I think we (and many others like us) would enjoy to watch a really good and intelligent sports show that provides insightful and balanced sports coverage.

Unless we get together and produce such a program, I don't ever expect it to exist. Independent intelligent thought is hardly welcome in entertainment any longer.

And to your point earlier, yes it's sad we lose smart and insightful people like Stu Scott while loudmouths dominate the airwaves.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas is America's team not based on whether they are good or not but because they produce no middle ground much like the Yankees do. People either love them or hate them but there is a passion for this team one way or another. Now in the case of TM he needs to be shown the door out of DFW. There is no excuse for that from a local sports journalist or whatever he is. And like I said before Detroit had a chance to end this thing when we went for it on 4th and 7. And for that fact also 4th and goal. But Detroit failed on both.

One thing I loved about this whole game is I think it was a real letdown for Aikman and Buck to see Dallas win.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The explanation from the refs is that face guarding is not a penalty. That was changed a few years ago. Other than that there was contact by both players but to them it was of no consequence. Of course grabbing the defensive players face mask is okay. I say it was a good no call.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is America's team not based on whether they are good or not but because they produce no middle ground much like the Yankees do. People either love them or hate them but there is a passion for this team one way or another. Now in the case of TM he needs to be shown the door out of DFW. There is no excuse for that from a local sports journalist or whatever he is. And like I said before Detroit had a chance to end this thing when we went for it on 4th and 7. And for that fact also 4th and goal. But Detroit failed on both.

One thing I loved about this whole game is I think it was a real letdown for Aikman and Buck to see Dallas win.

Agree totally on Buck and disagree completely on Aikman. To me anyway, it's imperative he show no bias-ness toward his former team, one way or the other.

Troy was on with Hitzges during the Norm-a-Thon and the two of them chatted and laughed about how much grief Aikman gets for trying to be fair and balanced when it's his job now to do so.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The explanation from the refs is that face guarding is not a penalty. That was changed a few years ago. Other than that there was contact by both players but to them it was of no consequence. Of course grabbing the defensive players face mask is okay. I say it was a good no call.

Honestly?

I assure you this sight would have lite up with profanity and irateness if this happened in reverse.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree totally on Buck and disagree completely on Aikman. To me anyway, it's imperative he show no bias-ness toward his former team, one way or the other.

Troy was on with Hitzges during the Norm-a-Thon and the two of them chatted and laughed about how much grief Aikman gets for trying to be fair and balanced when it's his job now to do so.

I do think Troy goes out of his way to sound incredibly objective when doing Cowboys games. It's why I cannot stand him to cover the Boys. I know he will be brutally honest and not try to show favoritism even if in his heart he wants them to win. He's way too good at his job when covering the Cowboys.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Honestly?

I assure you this sight would have lite up with profanity and irateness if this happened in reverse.

I didn't see the play live, because I went to the grocery store, but after I saw it I was shocked at how upset some Lions fans were. I expected it to be the worst call of all time. I would be pissed if they threw a flag and then reversed it, but duh right?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the play live, because I went to the grocery store, but after I saw it I was shocked at how upset some Lions fans were. I expected it to be the worst call of all time. I would be pissed if they threw a flag and then reversed it, but duh right?

Exactly.

There's also a clip showing egghead Dez storming on the field to protest the call and he's a solid 10 yds on the field of play. It's on Yardbarker.

I didn't see this and nothing was said yesterday during the telecast. But it certainly could and probably should have been an unsportsmanlike flag.

But I know my good friends outta town are going to be "getting with me" regarding this call/lack thereof and I'm prepared to discuss it.

And for whatever it's worth, the penalties were 8 for 44 against Detroit, and 6-46 Boys. But maybe more importantly, Dallas got no breaks on several calls - running into the punter, Harris getting slapped on a fair catch, Williams interference call and lack of same on Witten - but when something happens late, it gets all the press. Understandable.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Honestly?

You are right but I would have been just as irritated that I could not stop them on 4th and 7 and my coach chickened out of a 4th and 1 to wrap up the game. In fact there were a few things that I felt were not going the Cowboys way but we overcame one by following it up with a long TD pass. And how many times do you see hand checking by the receiver and DB and no call is made. To me that was what it came down to. The face guard is a no call regardless. As it was happening I really felt it was offensive pass interference when the receiver grabbed the facemask. So it was going both ways. So I still say good no call regardless if I would have been upset in the end.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cowboys are no different than the Yankees and Lakers. Either you might really love them or really despise them.

And for anyone that thinks this game was rigged please look at the last 18 years of this team and tell me why would the NFL want to magically create a Cowboys/Packers matchup.

Look there is no doubt that by letter of the law it was pass interference but I'm not convinced they for sure would have won the game or scored a TD there that offense was shut down after the first quarter. That PI was not the reason the Cowboys won and Detroit lost and most rational people will tell you that.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a P1 but I don't listen to anything else other than The Ticket. I feel they're the most rational when it comes to such things majority of the time.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While both sides had cases lets just face it that 99.9% of the time that is always a PI call. I also can't believe the refs didn't throw a flag for Dez being on the field without a helmet arguing with the refs. Look I'll take the call but realistically that was a gargantuan break for the Boys.