• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions at Cowboys

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issue for the D yesterday is there was Zero pass rush and we miss Bland as well. Goff had all day. He would have had less time if the Cowboys would have had there starting edge rushers in the game. The only pressure they got on Goff was a blitz or two.

The Lions look like the best team in the NFC right now. That OL they got is probably the best in the league. Combine that with the skill position players. Wow.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issue for the D yesterday is there was Zero pass rush and we miss Bland as well. Goff had all day. He would have had less time if the Cowboys would have had there starting edge rushers in the game. The only pressure they got on Goff was a blitz or two.

The Lions look like the best team in the NFC right now. That OL they got is probably the best in the league. Combine that with the skill position players. Wow.
Hutchinson is a huge loss. Not sure if they will be able to overcome it or not. Also not sure any other teams are all that good either. I guess we will see once McCaffrey comes back how SF looks

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke complaining about his usage during the week couldn't possibly lead to more carries because every football team's coach makes those decisions, not the player or the owner and they make those decisions based on who deserves those carries from a football perspective and what is best for the team.

Wait, this just in:: Zeke 8 carries (for 17 yards) and Dowdle 5 carries (25 yards). Welcome to Dallas where dysfunction is the norm...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This defense is not getting turnovers or Saks. Seems they are hardly blitzing. They are really struggling on defense. I knew it would be bad without Lawrence and Parsons, but not this bad.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Zeke does now is run 10 steps and fall down. Dak sucked as well. Two huge drops by Tolbert and Ferguson. Dumb to go for it at the end of the first half. Those two picks by Dak though were horrible. Trying to force it to Lamb and they paid the price

Defense just has too many players out. 27 was terrible. 7 had the worst game in a long time.
And it should have been 3. That was ticky tac penalty that brought the first one back. Hell, Tim Patrick got mugged on that ridiculous catch and there was no call.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still boggles my mind how this team handled Dak's contract. In what world was leaving him hanging until the start of the season and then with a year still left on his contract and after free agency was completely over signing him to a deal $5M per year more than any player in history and basically tying yourself to his performance for the next 5 years. The offseason was already over. What was the upside? To ensure his complacency and remove any need for accountability? So he could pay to tear down and rebuild his mansion? This team is incapable of seeing what is important from football perspective and the "we love our guys" mantra has never been more evident in Pro sports. Look at all of the scrap heap guys that are starting this year who could have been a stop gap if needed for next year while we figured it out and reset our cap to set ourselves up for a real run at winning something: Baker, Darnold, Flacco, Dalton, Geno, Fields. All were available to whomever wanted them. The idea that it's either re-sign your existing QB or play a guy like Rush or a rookie is just no longer true. Every year guys are available that ca nat least get you through a season and the idea is to get your team in position to win a SB, not to win a crappy NFC East and then get clown stomped in the playoffs every year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still boggles my mind how this team handled Dak's contract. In what world was leaving him hanging until the start of the season and then with a year still left on his contract and after free agency was completely over signing him to a deal $5M per year more than any player in history and basically tying yourself to his performance for the next 5 years. The offseason was already over. What was the upside? To ensure his complacency and remove any need for accountability? So he could pay to tear down and rebuild his mansion? This team is incapable of seeing what is important from football perspective and the "we love our guys" mantra has never been more evident in Pro sports. Look at all of the scrap heap guys that are starting this year who could have been a stop gap if needed for next year while we figured it out and reset our cap to set ourselves up for a real run at winning something: Baker, Darnold, Flacco, Dalton, Geno, Fields. All were available to whomever wanted them. The idea that it's either re-sign your existing QB or play a guy like Rush or a rookie is just no longer true. Every year guys are available that ca nat least get you through a season and the idea is to get your team in position to win a SB, not to win a crappy NFC East and then get clown stomped in the playoffs every year.
This is 100% why I was ready to move on from Dak. I would be happy to keep him...if we had a competent owner and a real GM. But the Cowboys completely screwed his first deal and left themselves zero leverage. That's why I had been saying it would be $60M per from jump. You're right, NO OTHER NFL TEAM would screw his contract this badly. But they did and now we are screwed 6 ways from Sunday, because unlike his early days when all Jerry seemed to care about was winning, Jerry and Stephen's obvious first and only priority is protecting their bottom line. Which explains why we didn't pony up the $3M more for Derrick Henry than what we paid for Zeke. I will always root for the players on the field, but the slide is just beginning. Jerry and Stephen are about to run this thing into the ground

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke complaining about his usage during the week couldn't possibly lead to more carries because every football team's coach makes those decisions, not the player or the owner and they make those decisions based on who deserves those carries from a football perspective and what is best for the team.

Wait, this just in:: Zeke 8 carries (for 17 yards) and Dowdle 5 carries (25 yards). Welcome to Dallas where dysfunction is the norm...
This is why the team is doomed. If I am McCarthy, I walk away from this shipwreck on my own and tell the world I can't coach a team where the Owner determines who plays. The football world would agree and respect his decision

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T

No expectations in New England.

This is embarrassing.

I think I read this was JJ’s birthday. He should buy himself some new coaches for his birthday.
I don't wish harm to anyone, especially over a fucking game, but if JJ was to pick up the phone to call suicide hotline, I would encourage him to put the phone down.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems stupid to ask questions because it is what it is. It feels like I am going insane. I gave zeke benefit of doubt earlier on. Got bitch slapped for it. I understood why a long time ago. If MM can't see it, he's the problem. If he see it but does as he's told, he's the problem. If JJ is calling shots and I'm the coach, I would let the world know I ain't that fucking stupid.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on this board a few years ago saying that Dak is garbage. He is a third tier QB at best. I was crucified by many on here.
I am not saying all of the loses were his fault, but he is far from the QB he thinks he is. Certainly doesnt justify the contract he has..

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is what he is. He has shown he can win with the right pieces. Is he worth 60 mill. ? Absolutely not. 2nd tier, 3rd tier , whatever. Dak has lost his mobility it seems. He doesnt escape the pressure like he once did , or if he can , he isnt showing it. He kind of hinted yesterday in his post game that they arent practicing hard or well. Its kind of like its Corporate Dak now. He is dressed nice, looks business like. I miss the guy that wore the T shirt or sweatshirt and hat to the pressers. What he wears to pressers though is not important. I think he still cares and plays as hard as he always has. Right now its just not a good football team and he is part of the reason. I will say there arent many games that the Boys play that i think they dont have a shot. Yesterday was one of them.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on this board a few years ago saying that Dak is garbage. He is a third tier QB at best. I was crucified by many on here.
I am not saying all of the loses were his fault, but he is far from the QB he thinks he is. Certainly doesnt justify the contract he has..
Thats ridiculous. His contract is crippling when combined with our incompetent front office but Dak is far from third tier, unless your tiers have 2-3 guys each max.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that wasn't you, you're just band wagoning what so many other people have said.

No points for you.
I most certainly did. I will tell you my distaste for him started a few years ago when he demanded that he be as the top QB in the league. He is a master of having impressive stats at the end of hte game when the opposing team has gone to a prevent.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the team is doomed. If I am McCarthy, I walk away from this shipwreck on my own and tell the world I can't coach a team where the Owner determines who plays. The football world would agree and respect his decision

I wonder who the interim HC will be? Cuz I smell another beat down in two weeks

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Campbell, even with his questionable decisions his ability to motivate is elite. The team plays for him.

That being said, I question the wisdom of trying to rub salt in the wound to a team you have a chance to meet in the playoffs. Felt unnecessarily antagonistic.