• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While both sides had cases lets just face it that 99.9% of the time that is always a PI call. I also can't believe the refs didn't throw a flag for Dez being on the field without a helmet arguing with the refs. Look I'll take the call but realistically that was a gargantuan break for the Boys.
Here is another way to look at it. Bad calls are a part of the game not found in a rule book. Has always been that way. No one likes bad calls but they happen and we live with it. In the case of Detroit, they were playing a very important game whereby the PI call was devastating to them. Otherwise it would have been less important if they had no opportunity to advance in the play off's. Certainly we would have been troubled the same if the tables were turned but it worked in our favor. It will be hard for Detroit to accept but like it or not "bad calls happen and are a very large part of the game."

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another way to look at it. Bad calls are a part of the game not found in a rule book. Has always been that way. No one likes bad calls but they happen and we live with it. In the case of Detroit, they were playing a very important game whereby the PI call was devastating to them. Otherwise it would have been less important if they had no opportunity to advance in the play off's. Certainly we would have been troubled the same if the tables were turned but it worked in our favor. It will be hard for Detroit to accept but like it or not "bad calls happen and are a very large part of the game."

I agree.

And ya know what else? The Lions had plenty of opportunities to have scored - more than the mere 6 they got after the 1st Qt - and flat just didn't capitalize.

If Detroit wants to moan and groan until next season, so be it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit was exactly as billed- mediocre offensively, strong defensively against the run and decent against the pass. The 4-point final differential could have been 10 if not for incredible stupidity by the Cowboys (running into kicker, Romo losing enough yardage for Bailey to miss the FG, abandoning the run, etc.)

Lions fans have a right to be pissed about that awful interference-then-no call sequence for sure, but the better team did win.

think it was more Detroit denying us the run then us abandoning it. they were stacking the line

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I agree. I'm not one to ever blame officiating whether a team wins or loses. It's also a reality that the home teams can also get the benefit of the doubt on officiating. Happens in every sport. Home field advantage can make a difference on that aspect.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are no different than the Yankees and Lakers. Either you might really love them or really despise them.

And for anyone that thinks this game was rigged please look at the last 18 years of this team and tell me why would the NFL want to magically create a Cowboys/Packers matchup.

Look there is no doubt that by letter of the law it was pass interference but I'm not convinced they for sure would have won the game or scored a TD there that offense was shut down after the first quarter. That PI was not the reason the Cowboys won and Detroit lost and most rational people will tell you that.

I agree.

And ya know what else? The Lions had plenty of opportunities to have scored - more than the mere 6 they got after the 1st Qt - and flat just didn't capitalize.

If Detroit wants to moan and groan until next season, so be it.

That is my biggest gripe. There were so many things that could have changed the complexion of this game. Some calls that went against us were included in that. But the guts of Jason Garrett were on display yesterday with not just 1 but 2 times going for it on 4th down. If Detroit stops just one of those they probably win. And then the mere fact that Detroit still had a 4th and 1 and instead of trying to put their foot on our necks they punted and the guy choked it. Those are 3 huge plays right there. This game was not about just that one call or non-call.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my biggest gripe. There were so many things that could have changed the complexion of this game. Some calls that went against us were included in that. But the guts of Jason Garrett were on display yesterday with not just 1 but 2 times going for it on 4th down. If Detroit stops just one of those they probably win. And then the mere fact that Detroit still had a 4th and 1 and instead of trying to put their foot on our necks they punted and the guy choked it. Those are 3 huge plays right there. This game was not about just that one call or non-call.

:10::agree:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you're right.....you're really right.

But it's time for us to move on and concentrate on the frigging wasteland, known as Green Bay, Wis. Where the Packers have been hell-on-wheels this season.

And Ma Nature has dealt 20 degree weather - probably typical for there this time of year - and we'll just have to deal with it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're right.....you're really right.

But it's time for us to move on and concentrate on the frigging wasteland, known as Green Bay, Wis. Where the Packers have been hell-on-wheels this season.

And Ma Nature has dealt 20 degree weather - probably typical for there this time of year - and we'll just have to deal with it too.

I was just noticing that we may actually be catching a break with a high of 19 degrees and winds about 9 mph on Sunday. Today the high will be 3 with a low of 0 and on Wed-Fri the highs are1/8/2 and lows of -9/-1/-8. Oh, I forgot about Friday. High 2 and low -8.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just noticing that we may actually be catching a break with a high of 19 degrees and winds about 9 mph on Sunday. Today the high will be 3 with a low of 0 and on Wed-Fri the highs are1/8/2 and lows of -9/-1/-8. Oh, I forgot about Friday. High 2 and low -8.

Since you put it this way, it's gonna be down right balmy on Sun. :pound:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you put it this way, it's gonna be down right balmy on Sun. :pound:
I've always hated Green Bay. All teams should be provided playing conditions that allows players to perform to the best of their ability. Green Bay provides nothing but misery and the NFL should do something to enhance them to upgrade facilities.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always hated Green Bay. All teams should be provided playing conditions that allows players to perform to the best of their ability. Green Bay provides nothing but misery and the NFL should do something to enhance them to upgrade facilities.

I love the aura of all things GB. But at the same time, you are 100% correct on this take.

The weather can be life altering for both player and fan alike. Not to mention, a football contest shouldn't be determined - at least to you and me - by which team can merely "survive."

The weather in winter in GB, Wisconsin isn't a mystery. It sucks; always has and probably always will. So why subject a meaningful contest to this, on purpose?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's great personally. Makes the game so much storied and fun and about braving the elements. And in weather like this it doesn't always benefit the home team.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the referee czar says that Hitchens should have been called for holding on the play but totally disregarded the facemask by the receiver

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's great personally. Makes the game so much storied and fun and about braving the elements. And in weather like this it doesn't always benefit the home team.
Totally going nuts.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the referee czar says that Hitchens should have been called for holding on the play but totally disregarded the facemask by the receiver

Maybe by next Sunday you can somehow, someway move on to the Green Bay game.

Oh.....you do know we won the Detroit game don't ya?

Move on please.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally going nuts.

There were guys on the Cowboys who never completely physically recovered from the 1967 game.

It's border line insane to play an outdoor game in such weather IMO. Especially when you plan to do it.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were guys on the Cowboys who never completely physically recovered from the 1967 game.

It's border line insane to play an outdoor game in such weather IMO. Especially when you plan to do it.
You get it. Some do not.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree. That was pure stupidity to play that game. It was not just dangerous to the players but the fans as well.