• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a good percentage of cowboys fans honestly

Fans in general actually. It's not team, school, city, specific IMO anyway.

But the to use the term "robbed" at least insinuates something sinister beyond a blown call/cluster-fuck-of-communication, doesn't it?

My goodness, how many contests in anything can you look back on and say, "well, if I'd zigged when I zagged, or if they'd called this, or if he'd only played like that in the second half, etc?" I think most when you're on the losing side, and the score was even semi-close.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a good percentage of cowboys fans honestly

And Buccaneer fans, and Saints fans, and Bengals fans, and Chargers fans, and... was there a point to your jab at Cowboys fans?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the to use the term "robbed" at least insinuates something sinister beyond a blown call/cluster-fuck-of-communication, doesn't it?

My goodness, how many contests in anything can you look back on and say, "well, if I'd zigged when I zagged, or if they'd called this, or if he'd only played like that in the second half, etc?" I think most when you're on the losing side, and the score was even semi-close.

It's the whole "America's Team" thing, they seem to have more than their fair share of morons compared to other team

Same with the Yankees, Lakers or Celtics

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Buccaneer fans, and Saints fans, and Bengals fans, and Chargers fans, and... was there a point to your jab at Cowboys fans?

Yes they have more than their fair share of moronic no nothing fans, its not a jab at all fans by any means

I made my point above

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they have more than their fair share of moronic no nothing fans, its not a jab at all fans by any means

I made my point above

"More than their fair share"? More by overall numbers maybe, just as a function of having the largest fan base. But percentage-wise, they're no worse than any other fan base.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"More than their fair share"? More by overall numbers maybe, just as a function of having the largest fan base. But percentage-wise, they're no worse than any other fan base.

It wasn't meant as a scientific exercise, just a personal observation, and I believe the percentage is probably higher as well IMO

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You mean like had Arkansas games lasted only three instead of four quarters they would have ended up 11-1?

Or the golden oldie ... "had we had one more strike ... just one of the two times it was down to last strike ... TEX would have won the WS".

I see what you mean.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad this age of stupidity is behind us(Stautner); with the notable exception of Mike Ditka that is.

How did you try to ward off that terrible weather?

Bob Lilly: We had long-handle underwear. Had we known it was gonna be 16 or 18 below zero, we would have all gone down to the sporting goods stores and bought us some good heavy socks and bought us some turtleneck long-handle underwear, plus ski masks, wind deflectors (they had them under their helmet). They sold them in Dallas. Ernie (Stautner) didn't want us to wear gloves because he said only sissies wear gloves. We had on long-handle underwear, we had on our regular uniform, we had on no gloves, we had no neck protection. We all took an ace bandage and wrapped it around our ears and taped it, put our helmet on. We put seran wrap around our feet over our socks. We had capes that we wore on the sidelines, but they didn't even have a zippers. We had two heaters on each end of the bench. Those heaters blew air but the (hot) air would never get to us because the wind was blowing it away. We just froze to death. We could never get loosened up. It was just a nightmare. We were all thanking the Lord when we got on that airplane and it was warm. We said we lost the game but we're alive. We just felt like we were gonna beat 'em. And Saturday we really felt good about it because the weather was pleasant. And the next day, to have the weather turn on us was kind of devastating.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad this age of stupidity is behind us(Stautner); with the notable exception of Mike Ditka that is.

How did you try to ward off that terrible weather?

Bob Lilly: We had long-handle underwear. Had we known it was gonna be 16 or 18 below zero, we would have all gone down to the sporting goods stores and bought us some good heavy socks and bought us some turtleneck long-handle underwear, plus ski masks, wind deflectors (they had them under their helmet). They sold them in Dallas. Ernie (Stautner) didn't want us to wear gloves because he said only sissies wear gloves. We had on long-handle underwear, we had on our regular uniform, we had on no gloves, we had no neck protection. We all took an ace bandage and wrapped it around our ears and taped it, put our helmet on. We put seran wrap around our feet over our socks. We had capes that we wore on the sidelines, but they didn't even have a zippers. We had two heaters on each end of the bench. Those heaters blew air but the (hot) air would never get to us because the wind was blowing it away. We just froze to death. We could never get loosened up. It was just a nightmare. We were all thanking the Lord when we got on that airplane and it was warm. We said we lost the game but we're alive. We just felt like we were gonna beat 'em. And Saturday we really felt good about it because the weather was pleasant. And the next day, to have the weather turn on us was kind of devastating.
Anyone who saw that game probably would never want to see another like it. I have advocated for years that no game should be played in those conditions. Totally not acceptable to expect athletes to participate in those conditions. The NFL should require a team hosting any game, play off or not, to provide adequate conditions or move the game to a mutual site. Green Bay of all places needs to do something to upgrade. :gaah:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two away! Can we do it? Will we do it? Who knows but you can bet it won't be easy.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally you like to beat a team a full strength, but if there is a chance that the cold weather makes Rodger's leg stiff I would not complain. At least enough that the pass rush can catch up to him. He's elusive in the pocket.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overcast....20°F.......-7°C........Humidity 81%

Wind Speed Calm........Barometer 30.18 in (1023.4 mb)
Dewpoint 15°F (-9°C).......Visibility 9.00 mi

Last Update on 11 Jan 7:53 am CST

TODAY......Chance Flurries

High: 23 °F
TONIGHT 5 degrees

Chance Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 30%

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the site is gonna be a wasteland today.

GO BOYSSSSSSSSSSS

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two away! Can we do it? Will we do it? Who knows but you can bet it won't be easy.

Gonna be tough but I like their chances. If they don't win another game though I am happy with the season

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the weather wasn't bad enough, we get Buck to remind us of the Ice Bowl.