• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On the Horn - Trade deadline looming...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll told "Brock and Salk" on Monday that general manager John Schneider is active in discussions with other teams, which is no different than in any other year.

"We're always engaged. John's burning up the phones right now," Carroll said. "We always are. That's just the way we compete. We love our team, we love the guys we have on this team, but we need to listen to see what's going on ..."

A report from Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com on Sunday stated that – not surprisingly – the Seahawks are "working hard" to upgrade their offensive line before the trade deadline and they they would be willing to give up a wide receiver like Chris Matthews as part of a deal. However, that was before the Seahawks lost Ricardo Lockette to a season-ending injury, which would presumably affect their willingness to part with a wide receiver, even with Paul Richardson returning soon.

Wonder if/whom we'll be trading and what position we'll be upgrading... On paper, OL looks like the biggest opportunity on this team for improvement... The Browns are trying to trade a few of their own like, LT, Joe Thomas but he only has one more year remaining on his contract... Would the Hawks give up a draft pick for Thomas since that is what the Browns are looking for? in turn, they could trade Okung for a draft pick themselves possibly... All in all, we know that Schneider is not afraid to wheel and deal... I'm curious to see what we do, if we do anything at all...

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading, and a lot of people are saying Alex Mack would be best suited as a Seahawk.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading, and a lot of people are saying Alex Mack would be best suited as a Seahawk.

Who gets cut to fit him under the cap? He has a salary of $8M this year.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets cut to fit him under the cap? He has a salary of $8M this year.
Why would the Hawks have to pick up the whole amount?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade:

Russell Okung to New England for 4th round pick.

Trade that pick to Cleveland for Alex Mack

Trade 4th round pick to Baltimore for Kelechi Osemele

Trade 2nd round pick to Cleveland for Joe Thomas

Trade Bruce irvin & 6th round pick to Atlanta for Vic Beasley

and the pipe dream is over....

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade:

At the very least, you provide the road work for some trade ideas.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Hawks have to pick up the whole amount?

Okay. Half a season left. Where are we getting the $4M in cap space?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade:

Pipe dream yes but at least you put effort into this. Only one i have a problem with is the Irvin trade. People do not give Irvin enough credit, he is better than most think. The Reason the Hawks moved him to OLB was because of his 4.4 speed not because of a lack of production as a DE. As a Rookie he lead ALL ROOKIES in Sacks with 8 and when the Hawks put him with his hand in the ground you can see he could easily get 8 sacks a season, The Dude is explosive off the snap.

I also believe he is a above average OLB now and you see him guarding TE down the field and even WR's and he is all over them. Dude is Big, Strong AND fast. I Bet Boldin felt like shit when he saw a Linebacker was with him step for step out in coverage and was hardly running lol. ( Boldin 4.6 Irvin 4.4 ).

The One thing holding Irvin back is his lack of playing time at OLB through out his football days but he is growing so fast into that position that i would hate to give him up. In my eyes he is worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder right now and at the end of the season that might be moved up even more. Think about where his value was when he first started playing OLB, Like around a 6th or 7th rounder lol.

Wright use to play his spot but moved to the other side ( the side that made Smith a hero). Wright was a solid player but he made a name for himself when he would fill in for Wagner or when he played in Smiths spot. Irvin plays the linebacker spot where he doesn't get a lot of "boom" plays but he plays it so well that we are not sitting here thinking "screw you irvin" Think about that for a minute people.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade " I hurt my own team and have cost them a win this season all ready and possibly the Superbowl when i jumped offsides at the 1 yard line" Bennett. Dude hurts this team so much with his bone headed plays and has taken scores and turnovers away from the Hawks with his bone headed mistakes. Yes he is a great player but he is ALWAYS doing something that really and i do mean REALLY hurts this team. I would be 100% fine with Clark taking his starting spot.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we did the right thing and exercised patience. Really hard to imagine a deal out there that would have improved the OL over the next 8 games more than just letting it alone. It's not like a batting order where you just plug a guy in and let the stats do their thing. This line is not "good" yet but they're way better than they were 4 or 5 games ago and seem to be trending upward the last couple weeks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade " I hurt my own team and have cost them a win this season all ready and possibly the Superbowl when i jumped offsides at the 1 yard line" Bennett. Dude hurts this team so much with his bone headed plays and has taken scores and turnovers away from the Hawks with his bone headed mistakes. Yes he is a great player but he is ALWAYS doing something that really and i do mean REALLY hurts this team. I would be 100% fine with Clark taking his starting spot.

Even with some boneheaded penalties he's a top 10 4-3 edge rusher according to PFF. I don't want Bennett going anywhere. His disruptive presence on the line is a big reason the D can play like they do.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowak is our best lineman at the moment. I think he's the only positive grade we have on the season according to PFF. He's hardly the issue.

The big issue has been the HORRIBLE guard play by Britt and Sweezy although both looked better against Dallas.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with some boneheaded penalties he's a top 10 4-3 edge rusher according to PFF. I don't want Bennett going anywhere. His disruptive presence on the line is a big reason the D can play like they do.

is he? i do not know about that. He talks like one but i have seen 3 of his sacks this year caused by Avril forcing the QB to run into Bennett. In other words he benefits from playing with Avril and i feel Many DE would get that same benefit. Bennett is better at playing inside than at DE. I think they would not lose a whole lot with Clark taking over Bennetts role other than a ton of offsides and stupid late hit penalties.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he? i do not know about that. He talks like one but i have seen 3 of his sacks this year caused by Avril forcing the QB to run into Bennett. In other words he benefits from playing with Avril and i feel Many DE would get that same benefit. Bennett is better at playing inside than at DE. I think they would not lose a whole lot with Clark taking over Bennetts role other than a ton of offsides and stupid late hit penalties.

Not all about sacks. Hurries, QB hits, and rush coverage are HUGE factors that cannot be ignored. I'll take a DE who gets 5 hurries over 1 hurry/sack ANY day.

Top 10 Edge Defenders | Week 8 | Pro Football Focus

And you are right, Cliff Avril is killing it this year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see who is ABOVE him on that list? Avril is the reason Bennett is as effective as he is more often than not. Bennett is better from inside and gets like 80% of his sacks and pressures from inside when he lines up NEXT to Avril. Coincidence? i think not.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avril was doing the same shit last season not just "this year" no player has benefited more than Bennett because of Avril. Do people NOT watch whats going on, on the field?

Take Avril off this team and Bennett isn't on that list But Avril still would be.

*had to add this second post because you edited your post adding in the Avril part.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see who is ABOVE him on that list? Avril is the reason Bennett is as effective as he is more often than not. Bennett is better from inside and gets like 80% of his sacks and pressures from inside when he lines up NEXT to Avril. Coincidence? i think not.
Every Batman needs a Robin

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowak is our best lineman at the moment. I think he's the only positive grade we have on the season according to PFF. He's hardly the issue.

The big issue has been the HORRIBLE guard play by Britt and Sweezy although both looked better against Dallas.
I read briefly that both Britt and Sweezy graded out in positive fashion against Dallas. Improvement is happening.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pipe dream yes but at least you put effort into this. Only one i have a problem with is the Irvin trade. People do not give Irvin enough credit, he is better than most think. The Reason the Hawks moved him to OLB was because of his 4.4 speed not because of a lack of production as a DE. As a Rookie he lead ALL ROOKIES in Sacks with 8 and when the Hawks put him with his hand in the ground you can see he could easily get 8 sacks a season, The Dude is explosive off the snap.

I also believe he is a above average OLB now and you see him guarding TE down the field and even WR's and he is all over them. Dude is Big, Strong AND fast. I Bet Boldin felt like shit when he saw a Linebacker was with him step for step out in coverage and was hardly running lol. ( Boldin 4.6 Irvin 4.4 ).

The One thing holding Irvin back is his lack of playing time at OLB through out his football days but he is growing so fast into that position that i would hate to give him up. In my eyes he is worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder right now and at the end of the season that might be moved up even more. Think about where his value was when he first started playing OLB, Like around a 6th or 7th rounder lol.

Wright use to play his spot but moved to the other side ( the side that made Smith a hero). Wright was a solid player but he made a name for himself when he would fill in for Wagner or when he played in Smiths spot. Irvin plays the linebacker spot where he doesn't get a lot of "boom" plays but he plays it so well that we are not sitting here thinking "screw you irvin" Think about that for a minute people.
It is possible he meant to trade BI because of his upcoming FA and the doubt that we will be able to meet his $ demands. That is not Pete's style though. Resigning Bruce will be a challenge, but we have cap space next year.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SEA-DAL Grades: Seahawks clamp down in defensive battle

This is the comments at Pro Football Focus. Maybe their view is spot on and maybe it isn't. I do not know.
An excerpt and I left in a couple of other views they had as they appear accurate.
Seattle Seahawks
– CB Richard Sherman (+5.3) got plenty of time against Dallas’ returning star, Dez Bryant, and saw significant snaps on both sides of the field for the third time this season to ensure the matchup the Seahawks wanted. Bryant was targeted five times with Sherman over him. One was caught for a 15-yard gain and a first down, but of the four others, Sherman knocked away three. He added one more pass defense for good measure, and walked away with his top coverage grade to this point in the season.

– LG Justin Britt (+3.8) may be settling into his spot in the interior. After opening the season with six consecutive negative game grades, the second-year former right tackle has found his way to back-to-back positives. This game saw him earn strong grades protecting the QB (+1.2) and blocking for the run (+2.9), something he did only twice last season—in Week 1 and then in the Super Bowl.

– Russell Wilson (+0.7) faltered at points in this game, but his rushing grade picked up some of the slack that his showing as a passer left short. On six runs Wilson picked up 32 yards, and most importantly, a pair of critical first-down conversions on the team’s drive for the go-ahead score. Despite being strong through the air when going after the middle of the field (12-of-13 for 141 yards and one touchdown), Wilson was less so when targeting the right side; and when he went left, he completed just one-of-six throws and put up the ball that Greg Hardy (+6.4) batted and intercepted.

Top performers:

CB Richard Sherman (+5.3)
LB K.J. Wright (+3.7)
LG Justin Britt (+3.8)
HB Marshawn Lynch (+2.2)
RG J. R. Sweezy (+2.2)