• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma and Texas leave the Big 12 as a Package Deal/Where's the best place to land?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy fix. Kick Texas out. Everything they touch turns to shit. Tell em to take that shit walkin and go independent.

For the sake of college football, no one wants you Texas. Take all your TVs and the longhorn network and stick it up your longhorn ass.

Side note: that actual state of Texas is pretty nice though. Sad that its flagship program is a turd.

Last edited:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can stop with the OU to the B1G stuff. They are not an academic fit, and that absolutely matters to the B1G. OU is not an AAU school. Instant disqualification.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would happen everwhere. There is a reason the PAC gave USC and UCLA special deal when they agreed to expand. Vandy’s voice isn’t as loud as Bama’s. ACC is a basketball conference, because the power resides on tabacco road. Conferences are a business. Business treats it’s top salesmen differently. It’s just life

Absolutely, an in the B12 Texas’ voice is the loudest. The B12 survives as long as Texas is there and Texas knows this. It is life and there is no use denying that’s the way it works. It’s the disguise that Texas is just one vote that’s misleading.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see tejas and Oklahoma in the Big 10 West, but that won't happen because tejas will have no power to persuade the Big 10 offices like they do in Irving, tejas.
When the Big 12 was formed, tejas went after the North Division teams by attacking their recruiting. tejas proposed and got implemented a rule that limited the amount of time coaches could be out of their offices on the recruiting trail. They knew said rule would not effect tejas themselves, but would cut Nebraska (who has to recruit nationally) off at the knees. The Big 10 does not have those rules because Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, et al also have to recruit nationally.
If Oklahoma were to come to the Big 10 by itself, then tejas would just replace their Big 12 slot with either Houston, UTEP, Rice, or SMU.
tejas may toy with joining another conference, but that is just a ploy to get Kansas, K. State, Iowa St, Texas Tech, Baylor, etc. to make more concessions to tejas so they'll stay. That's how tejas rolls. Two fingers crossed behind their back at all times.

tejas is in their comfort zone being in complete control over the Big 12 and would just as soon form another Southwest Conference (SWC) than have to play by others rules. I.E. USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU.

Did I mention nobody underachieves like tejas? NOBODY!!

What you really meant to say is Tejas didn't let you take partial qualifiers anymore and that ended the great Nebraska run. The big ten also doesn't let you, so you're basically Kansas state with a bigger trophy case.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you really meant to say is Tejas didn't let you take partial qualifiers anymore and that ended the great Nebraska run. The big ten also doesn't let you, so you're basically Kansas state with a bigger trophy case.

You might want to check the rosters from the 90's teams. They were majority Nebraska players on that offense. Nebraska also leads the nation (by far) in academic all-americans and did back then.

Wonderlic Vince Young says hi.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can stop with the OU to the B1G stuff. They are not an academic fit, and that absolutely matters to the B1G. OU is not an AAU school. Instant disqualification.

Nebraska disagrees

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just one guy but if OU chooses someday to join the Big Ten I'm finished traveling to away games. I've seen games already at Michigan and Ohio State and that was enough for me. Nebraska would be cool again but that's about it. Penn State leaves me cold and don't even get me started on the rest of that conference. Stay in the Big XII and go steal a couple of PAC teams or just leave things alone. It's not like Oklahoma is suffering being in the Big XII now anyway.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just one guy but if OU chooses someday to join the Big Ten I'm finished traveling to away games. I've seen games already at Michigan and Ohio State and that was enough for me. Nebraska would be cool again but that's about it. Penn State leaves me cold and don't even get me started on the rest of that conference. Stay in the Big XII and go steal a couple of PAC teams or just leave things alone. It's not like Oklahoma is suffering being in the Big XII now anyway.

Exactly, stay in the B12. It’s not hurting ya’s at all.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, stay in the B12. It’s not hurting ya’s at all.

Leadership just needs to pull their heads out of their asses. Starting with how games are officiated. You can’t even fucking breathe on a receiver without drawing a flag. Not to mention the big 12 mandates one less full contact day per week than every other p5 conference. We wonder why we’re a glorified flag football league.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leadership just needs to pull their heads out of their asses. Starting with how games are officiated. You can’t even fucking breathe on a receiver without drawing a flag. Not to mention the big 12 mandates one less full contact day per week than every other p5 conference. We wonder why we’re a glorified flag football league.

Take a look at this list of former Oklahoma All-American defensive players. Pretty good players right? None of them would have been able to do even half the things they did if they had been forced to play under today's Big XII rules. It's ridiculous.

Jimbo Elrod
Zac Henderson
George Cumby
Daryl Hunt
Ricky Dixon
Brian Bosworth
Rocky Calmus
Roy Williams
Teddy Lehman
Etc.
Etc.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t disagree with ya here. Officiating is horrible. Didn’t know about the mandate. That’s stupid.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to check the rosters from the 90's teams. They were majority Nebraska players on that offense. Nebraska also leads the nation (by far) in academic all-americans and did back then.

Wonderlic Vince Young says hi.

So partial qualifiers get good grades at your school, cool man that school must be tough haha. Enjoy the 90s, it was a great decade for music and it'll be the last time Nebraska will be special.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So partial qualifiers get good grades at your school, cool man that school must be tough haha. Enjoy the 90s, it was a great decade for music and it'll be the last time Nebraska will be special.

Nobody underachieves like tejas. NOBODY!!

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska disagrees
I used to remember Nebraska... I wonder where they went. I haven’t heard anything about them after they left the Big12. Lol

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska disagrees
Nebraska was AAU when they were admitted to the B1G. They were dismissed the year after. First time ever.

A.A.U. Votes to Remove Nebraska-Lincoln

AAU membership is a basic requirement to get into the B1G. Poor Mizzou, even though they are AAU, they didn't have enough to offer. All kidding aside, Mizzou would have been a really good fit. Not sure why that never happened.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAU membership is a basic requirement to get into the B1G. Poor Mizzou, even though they are AAU, they didn't have enough to offer. All kidding aside, Mizzou would have been a really good fit. Not sure why that never happened.
Rutgers.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they took Rutgers instead, and I get the TV market aspect of it, kind of. But, Mizzou is a natural fit for the B1G, IMO. Geographically, their fanbase, etc. Just reeks of B1G.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they took Rutgers instead, and I get the TV market aspect of it, kind of. But, Mizzou is a natural fit for the B1G, IMO. Geographically, their fanbase, etc. Just reeks of B1G.
No doubt Mizzou was a better fit for everything except TV subscriptions.

When I think of the B1G, I think Midwest...not east coast! While not technically "east coast", West Virginia doesn't fit in the Big 12 either IMHO!

But, I'm old fashioned/old fart so there's that.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big Ten said they would take Mizzou off your hands if you gave the B12 Arkansas and took the the Mighty Mountaineers of West by God

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska was AAU when they were admitted to the B1G. They were dismissed the year after. First time ever.

A.A.U. Votes to Remove Nebraska-Lincoln

Nebraska lost it's AAU status because AAU changed it rules that everything had to be located on campus. University of Nebraska Med Center (UNMC) is located in Omaha, not in Lincoln. Not sure why UNL did it that way years ago, but it ended up biting them in the ass.