• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you—no need for a blog post for this—that the Devils haven’t inquired to this point about Nathan Horton—who visited in Columbus today.

My information is that NJ would probably too close to the NYC market for him anyway. Wants a quieter life away from the rink.
Posted by Tom Gulitti on 07/03 at 07:24 PM

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can tell you—no need for a blog post for this—that the Devils haven’t inquired to this point about Nathan Horton—who visited in Columbus today.

My information is that NJ would probably too close to the NYC market for him anyway. Wants a quieter life away from the rink.
Posted by Tom Gulitti on 07/03 at 07:24 PM

Lol and nj hockey isn't quiet? If kovalchuk goes to the super market I bet no ones they are shopping next to a top 5 hockey player in the world. Marty broduer probably doesn't even get stopped

Just goes to show you he just wants a nice last pay day he has his cup ring

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol and nj hockey isn't quiet? If kovalchuk goes to the super market I bet no ones they are shopping next to a top 5 hockey player in the world. Marty broduer probably doesn't even get stopped

Just goes to show you he just wants a nice last pay day he has his cup ring

My understanding is it doesn't have to do with media attention so much as he is a hick and doesn't want to live in a major metro area ir Columbus would be ideal

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably won't trade anybody but have you looked at the UFAs on D? The list is horrific. Some number 4 guy is going to get paid like a top pairing player. I actually still have faith that some of our guys on D could rebound and have good seasons again but I really wouldn't mind dealing some D for speed up front.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says he wants to stay close to his kids. Lets see him put his money where his mouth is.

Not getting a team closer then the devils

Lebrun says final three of Devils, Habs and Preds. If he wants to be close to kids like he says, its a no brainer, but we'll see. Hopefully the price is right if they do sign him and its no more than 1 or 2 seasons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do get Briere I hope that isnt where we stop..he couldn't be counted on to play a shortened season. He wont play anywhere near the 82 next season.

I rather sign Jagr for 2 years then Briere for 1.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do get Briere I hope that isnt where we stop..he couldn't be counted on to play a shortened season. He wont play anywhere near the 82 next season.

I rather sign Jagr for 2 years then Briere for 1.

I don't like Jagr, he's tailed off hard toward the end of the past 2 seasons, the last one was a shortened season.

But I do agree, Briere and another player would be huge. Whether it's via trade or free agency (not a ton of options in free agency). It could be a short term fix, the additions of Briere and another forward could hold us over for a year or 2, buy some time for us to restock the farm and still make us competitive in the meantime.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday’s trade with Vancouver for Cory Schneider pushed Hedberg, 40, out of the Devils’ goaltending picture, but he has a no-trade clause on his contract so he has to approve any trade Lamoriello is able to make.

If the Devils are going to buy out the final year on Hedberg’s contract ($1.4 million salary) during this window, they have until 5 p.m. Thursday to do so – and would have to place him on unconditional waivers at noon Thursday.

When I asked Lamoriello if it was possible Hedberg’s situation will be settled Thursday, he replied, “I would hope it could have been settled tonight.”

That sounds like the trade avenue is at least being explored.

Per TG. If we could get anything for Hedberg it's a win. Although I see him retiring rather than approving a trade and us being stuck with the cap hit.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday’s trade with Vancouver for Cory Schneider pushed Hedberg, 40, out of the Devils’ goaltending picture, but he has a no-trade clause on his contract so he has to approve any trade Lamoriello is able to make.

If the Devils are going to buy out the final year on Hedberg’s contract ($1.4 million salary) during this window, they have until 5 p.m. Thursday to do so – and would have to place him on unconditional waivers at noon Thursday.

When I asked Lamoriello if it was possible Hedberg’s situation will be settled Thursday, he replied, “I would hope it could have been settled tonight.”

That sounds like the trade avenue is at least being explored.

Per TG. If we could get anything for Hedberg it's a win. Although I see him retiring rather than approving a trade and us being stuck with the cap hit.

Sounds more like one of our buyouts is gone according to TG latest tweet. Moose on waivers, buyout coming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kinda hoping Patty could be had for 4 a year..little pricey but not horrible. Still 12 mil in cap space remaining.

Good to know he's gonna be in Devs uni til he retires.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Elias getting more then Vinny seems a reach

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, Elias is less of a health risk and it's 2 years shorter. Would rather Elias took like $4.5 per.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seguin and Erikkson just got swapped for each other..would've LOVED either of those guys here.

Surprising that the B's gave up on Seguin so quickly after giving up Kessel.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hard to tell who won that trade.

Seguin has a bigger cieling and young and a good cap hit and contract.

Bruins get a good player in errikson and a legit prospect in morrorw.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Errikson is a very underrated player. I think both teams made out pretty well.

TG saying Habs and Devils were big on Ryan Clowe, Habs are now out. He can be a productive player but by no means is he the answer. False reports said Briere to the Habs but those were shot down by anybody that is credible.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an even trade as it stands but if Seguin lives up to the hype he could win the Hart trophy one day..wouldnt say the same for Erikkson.

The negative on Seguin is his head isnt always in the game. Guess the brass in Boston was getting tired of him. He was invisible the whole postseason too. IDK I just think the kid has crazy amounts of talent and Dallas is taking a really good chance here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Errikson is a very underrated player. I think both teams made out pretty well.

TG saying Habs and Devils were big on Ryan Clowe, Habs are now out. He can be a productive player but by no means is he the answer. False reports said Briere to the Habs but those were shot down by anybody that is credible.

I like Clowe a lot..he was in a bad situation in San Jose and showed flashed with the Rags.

He would def replace some of that toughness we lose if Clarkson signs elsewhere.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I read about Seguin that he's a party animal. The Bs apparently talked to him several times telling him to tone it down. They mightve just grown tired of him.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Give me clowe over clarkson

Think he is more gritty and can chip in a few goals. Clarkson tries to be both but most of the time is neither