• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
still think not dealing clarkson was the biggest mistake the team made last year. not even because he might lose him. its just cause i dont think he brings much to the table and we really could've used the 2nd maybe even 1st rounder for him

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about the picks for D'Agostini or Sullivan, those are junk picks. The 3rd rounder for Poni is a disaster, that one we could use especially if we want to move up.

Clarkson, I really hope we can bring him back for a hometown discount, like $3 million per. He's still an unbelivably valuable player and any team would kill to have him in their lineup. And if not, like somebody mentioned awhile back, dangle his rights along with another package for a trade.

You mean to tell me a team ahead of us wouldn't do a trade of our 1st, Tallinder or A-Train, the rights to Clarkson and then a lesser prospect/pick?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Gonchar just signed a 2 year, $10 million deal with Dallas. That is an outrageous overpayment. If that is the bar that has been set for UFA defenseman teams might seriously be looking for other, cheaper options.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that gonchar deal was nice. maybe talendar is a sexier option then signing someone to a big time contract? esp since he has what a year or two left?

but

that gonchar trade was smart by the sens. they now have 7 picks in the draft. yeah i know they only got a 6th for his rights. but still now maybe they can take some "wild luck" guesses since they have some extra picks to play around with. great players still get picked in the late rounds.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tallinder was bad this season. To trade him is an option to consider.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume Zids and Harrold leave and we somehow manage to buyout and trade Tallinder and Volchenkov. Are we comfortable with a top four of Salvador, Greene, Fayne and Larsson? And 2 rookies as a bottom pairing?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
be honest i would rather buy out salvador and keep talendar. like it or not we have to get the kids in there to play. they should've been doing it last year. just like we have to have a kid playign backup in goal too at some point. time this team got younger all around

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing where we're at now, it sucked missing the playoffs this year but looking at other teams and how their fans are reacting we're not in the worst situation in the world. Pitt fans in particular don't know what to expect. This was their year, they needed to win this year. Now either Malking or Letang (most likely Malkin) are going to be traded, they have a bit of a cap nightmare in the next year or 2. Vancouver's window has closed, San Jose most likely as well. The Flyers are not in great shape.

We have plenty of cap space, a young d corps coming up and a top 10 pick in the coming draft. If nothing else I like the flexibility we have.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the flyers just traded a 4th rounder for the rights to streit. now looking to sign him to a 5 million dollar deal! thats insane! 4th rounder just for the rights to a 35 year old? good move by snow.

i really do think teams see the options out there for vetern defense and their high price tags the devils really should and could look into moving someone for at the least a 3rd rounder.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seeing where we're at now, it sucked missing the playoffs this year but looking at other teams and how their fans are reacting we're not in the worst situation in the world. Pitt fans in particular don't know what to expect. This was their year, they needed to win this year. Now either Malking or Letang (most likely Malkin) are going to be traded, they have a bit of a cap nightmare in the next year or 2. Vancouver's window has closed, San Jose most likely as well. The Flyers are not in great shape.

We have plenty of cap space, a young d corps coming up and a top 10 pick in the coming draft. If nothing else I like the flexibility we have.

i agree with this but with each team getting 2 buyouts this year or next year that can change A LOT of things. the flyers are already thinking of buying out bryz and brierre there goes their cap woes. the nucks can do the same with lounogo. heck the pens would be wise to maybe doing that with fluery.

but who are we expecting to leave this team? zajac/kovy/henrique/loto/elias all of gionta line are all pretty much staying. if they bring back clarkson im sure that he will be staying then. so who is really going to move?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with this but with each team getting 2 buyouts this year or next year that can change A LOT of things. the flyers are already thinking of buying out bryz and brierre there goes their cap woes. the nucks can do the same with lounogo. heck the pens would be wise to maybe doing that with fluery.

but who are we expecting to leave this team? zajac/kovy/henrique/loto/elias all of gionta line are all pretty much staying. if they bring back clarkson im sure that he will be staying then. so who is really going to move?

That's just the thing though, it isn't just one quick fix with those teams. Flyers still have Pronger, they'll have to re-sign Giroux in a year. Penguins have Letang and Malkin's contracts coming up and they'll make bank. Streit's rights just got traded to the Flyers after he turned down 3 years, $15 million from the Isles. Bottom line is these teams will likely get weaker and be pretty top heavy with their contracts.

As for who moves? Probably look to the D to move guys. Also, I don't think we really need to move too many guys, but we could bring some in. If Zajac and Henrique come back strong next year we're having an entirely different conversation.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade our lotto pick for Malkin.... lol simple :suds:

If he were locked up a few more years I'd seriously consider the move. I doubt it happens but the rumored price tag for him in the KHL is $15 million per. Again, I doubt it, but that's a lot of money to pass up in your home country.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to keep Harrold as long as he's cheap bhecause he does give a lot of flexibility and he does skate well. I've about had it with Zids unable to hold the point especially on the PP. He's good skating with the puck but brutal as the "QB" at the point.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he were locked up a few more years I'd seriously consider the move. I doubt it happens but the rumored price tag for him in the KHL is $15 million per. Again, I doubt it, but that's a lot of money to pass up in your home country.

If you could get someone like that for one season for our pick, who the hell wouldn't do it? I personally can't stand him, Jagr 2.0....great when things are going well, but not a guy you want in the foxhole with you when things are going bad. He slashes someone everytime he turns the damn puck over and plays lazy when they are getting beat...he gives up. Sooooooooooooooooo much talent, but he'll never maximize it or come close to it.

Dregger reported the $15 mil tax free would be waiting for him if he reaches UFA. If he does reach UFA, can't imagine Pens will be able to match what other teams can throw at him, unless they pay him 3-4 mil per year more than Sid.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There you go, he's locked up with second highest cap hit in league now for 8 years. Will be interesting to see what they do now with cap coming down and little wiggle room to fill out roster, especially with Letang up after this season as well.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go, he's locked up with second highest cap hit in league now for 8 years. Will be interesting to see what they do now with cap coming down and little wiggle room to fill out roster, especially with Letang up after this season as well.

Um, holy shit are they insane? $9.5 million cap hit per year for him. Saw this on the main board:

The Penguins will spend 28.3% of their salary on two players that have missed 32.7% of the last four seasons

Letang is a goner. I hope they're ready for a fire sale.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Y! SPORTS

you guys beat me to it.

the khl isnt really a legit offer to many players. with that ranger kid dying there and the plane crash. is really 15 million a year tax free worth it? living where its winter 9 months of the year? and we are talking LEGIT WINTERS! face it all these players LEFT russia to come here. noway they go back not in the prime of their careers here.