• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Seahawks vs Packers smack thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got 34-28. Marshaun goes cra-cra for 3 tds( 1 more than 50 yards)

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who covers Graham in the redzone on Green Bay? After seeing Sam Shields get burned all day on Sunday against the lowly Bears I doubt there are going to be many "easy" matchups for them on defense this season. My official prediction is Seattle by 10.

The St. Louis Rams carved up the Seattle defense for 31 (reg time) points. Sounds like the Seahawks might have some match up issues of their own. I shouldn't have to remind you that Jordy Nelson isn't the only outstanding player on the Packer's offense.

I'm looking forward to watching this game. One team is missing something important on "D" and the other is missing a big piece on offense. It will be interesting to see whether GB can match up physically and whether Seattle's "D" can play without their big safety.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're scared of Arizona. I know it

We all know the only reason you guys won the division last year is because Carson got hurt. You're man enough to at least admit that right? I'm sure @Scooby-Doo will agree with me.

Why would Seattle be scared of Arizona?

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if we are only looking at just the offense then yeah they scored more. Overall points even in regulation though St. Louis score more as they had 31 to that of 30 in those other two games. I think this also continues the trend that Seattle when giving up 27 or more points has yet to win a game. The offense hasn't shown it can win when the defense isn't having the best game

A couple observations about that jump right of for he page. First, you aren't going to wi many games when you give up 27or more, period. Second, how many time has Seattle given up 27 or more in the Wilson era? Five or six? So that's already a small sample size. Third, how many of those games were decided by more than one score? One.

But that's just how the team is built, as well. The team has, for a variety of reasons, not invested in making the offensive an explosive one.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness I would be very, very surprised to see Rodgers lose to the Hawks on national TV, again, in his own house. Seattle isn't going to roll over, but I think the pack eek one out in the closing minutes and the Seahawks unleash hell on the Bears in retribution week three.

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want the ball and we're gonna score!

500wide

I never feel good when Seattle has to play in GB.

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, Blue!!! The thread Title says SMACK talk! Bring the HAWKAGE!

1409882424000-USP-NFL_-Green-Bay-Packers-at-Seattle-Seahawks_013.jpg

b99345059z.1_20140905235200_000_gr17oit1.1-1.jpg

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm talking smack on this game? I can share a few thoughts but it may take awhile :suds:

My first thought is that I am glad it is in Green Bay the trip there will be much shorter. I was at the last 3 games as I have a daughter who lives in the Seattle area and the last 3 times I have visited her it just so happened that the Packers were playing in Seattle at the same time so will be nice to have a short trip and the home crowd all pumped up.

While sitting at the last game it was fun as hell until the end as you all know. I couldnt believe how the Hawks were boo'd walking off the field at half time trailing 16 - 0. It was hard to believe the Packers were leading 19 - 7 starting the 4th quarter even after allowing 194 yards rushing in the game. yes that is even more than the Packers allowed the Bears to have last week.

Then game was lost in my opinion in these ways. McCarthy to conservative in play calls and not wanting to put the dagger in. The special teams messed up on 3 plays with the fake field goal, the hail marry 2 point conversion throw Clinton Dix couldnt handle and the onside kick. Take away one of those plays and it is a Packer win. Another factor in the loss was a limited Rodgers as he was not able to take off and run for first downs or get full strength in his throws.

So after looking at how the Packers gift wrapped the last game we can look to this new season and see what is different or what has changed.

Packer differences

* Offense -

McCarthy is no longer calling plays so will hopefully help eliminate some of the conservative calls and he is now spending more time on helping improve the special teams and defense

The players are the same except for Jordy Nelson. The O line is improved as in the first game last year there was a rookie center playing in his first game. This year there are no rookies and the line has had a year to play and gel. This is the best O line since McCarthy has been coach and has been ranked as one of the top 5 O lines in the league.

The QB the best in the league and running back one of the top 5 in the league. The injury to Jordy will cause the ball to be spread around more. All the assumptions that because Jordy is gone that now the Packer passing game will not be as effective is BS. The last time Jordy was out with injury for half the season was 2012 and in that year James Jones lead the NFL with 14 td passes. Wish Jones back the ball will be spread around more but Rodgers will still have his 4500 yards and 35 to 40 tds.

In the last game Jones caught 3 tds but one was taken away because of a penalty. He would have caught 4 but was raped on an interference call that made it impossible to catch. This shows that Rodgers has not missed a beat with Jones if he was targeted in the end zone 4 times in one game. If they put Sherman on Cobb and the #2 guy on Adams then Jones a seasoned veteran can work against the new guys in the Hawks secondary.

*Defense

The Packers cut Hawk who was sitting on the bench most of the championship game and didnt want to overpay for T Williams or D House. They gain back Raji and have Peppers with a year of experience in the system who has developed into a locker room leader who is not giving post game speeches to the team. The replacements for the backfield being M Hyde and C Hayward who are experienced and starting their 3rd and 4th year in the system and will get the job done.

This week safety Burnett will be back as he did not play last week and the one game suspension is over for D Jones. Raji will take the place of the yet suspended Guion.

The current defense is suspect as many saw the 140 yards that Forte got. What needs to be seen if this is the same defense that started last year that was one of the leagues worst or the one at the end of the season that over the last 8 weeks of the season had stats that would have made it the 3rd ranked defense.

The start of the season is hard to tell just how the defenses can be based on the limited amount of hitting and tackling allowed in training camps and not playing much in preseason games. It takes the defenses longer to get back in the flow of things than the offense as they have to get back up to gang speed and get use to hitting people and tackling again

After half time adjustments improvement was made against the Bears allowing just 41 yards the second half. Will just have to see which defense shows up the poor one we saw early last season or one that was very effective at the end of the year. But if we look back to the championship game the Pack was still leading 19 - 7 allowing over 190 rush yards against them so not sure if it will be as bad as most make it seem if they allow rushing yards.

* Special teams

Last year the Packers sucked in special teams and were ranked like 30 out of 32 teams.

Crosby is back and has been doing amazing. He did not miss a field goal in training camp

Kick returner Montgomery was drafted to help with one of the worst kick return games and the Pack now leads the league in kickoff return average. There has not been a punt return yet so hard to say how that will be yet. he kickoff return game has been solid and even handled the onside kick last week to perfection. There will not be any special team melt downs on Sunday

Seattle differences

Now I am not an expert on all the differences Seattle has had but this is what I am aware of compared to last year and what I have learned from reading views of Hawk fans on their Team Board.

* Roster changes or differences:

The Hawks have lost a number of starters, such as CB Byron Maxwell, G James Carpenter, C Max Unger, and they also lost LB Malcolm Smith, LB O'Brien Schoffield, S Jeron Johnson, TE Zach Miller, and DT Kevin Williams. Additionally, FS Earl Thomas may be limited as it appears he is not fully healed, and Jeremy Lane may miss half the year. Richard Charmin refused Tommy John surgery on his injured elbow, and Kam Chancellor is a hold out.

But when reading through the Hawk threads it appears many think they have a better team this year.

* Offense

The big difference we have heard about is the new TE Graham. We have all heard what a great red zone target he will be . The thing is the problem so far is you need to be able to get to the red zone to make this a possibility. So far in preseason and game one the Hawks starting O has scored 2tds. Yes 2 offensive tds in 20 quarters of football.

I am not sure of the reasons for this but the many opinions I have seen posted by Hawk fans include:

Bevell sucks, Cable sucks, the O line sucks. In the first game Wilson was hammered being sacked 6 times and hurried many other times. What is hard to figure is was this because of the greatness of the Rams D or was it because of how pathetic the Hawks O line is? Were the limited yards Lynch had because the O line is not able to block and create holes or was it a superior Rams D. I am thinking it is a combination of both. It may be that the rush offense may be a bit more limited this year with a worse O line and I saw a few concerns from Hawk fans that Lynch may be losing a step. The Hawk running backs are now 2 old guys and they dumped the ones they drafted to develop to replace them. I guess the draft and develop strategy has not worked so well in the backfield

* Defense

Things I have seen posted through training camp up until now is that the D line will be amazing.
The Legion of Boom will be amazing and the D will be as awesome as usual.

When looking at reality after the first game things didnt work out quite as expected for many of the Hawk fans. I saw a few Hawk fans wondering if some of the lackluster play was because of the new D coordinator stating he wasnt making calls the same as the old coordinator. Many have disdain for Kam and him missing was a big issue.

The fact is the Legion of Boom does not exist anymore so this nickname does not make sense anymore but if Hawk fans want to live in the past more power to them. The players that created the Boom are not all there now. They should maybe be called the Legion of Gloom!

There was concern in week 1 where Hawk fans were wondering how 3rd and 4th team Ram running backs were able to run through the amazing front 7 of the Hawks. It was said in many threads that the Rams O line sucked and that the Hawks should be able to feast on them but for some reason this did not happen. Foles was sacked 2 times and was able to throw against the so called Boom or is it now the Gloom?

If the Rams have a sucky O line and the Hawks could only get to him twice it will be much harder for them to get to Rodgers with a very good Oline. He was not touched in week 1. He also has healthy legs so will be much better with his passes and be able to run for yards creating first downs as well.

If Foles and the Rams receivers able to pass against the Hawks a healthy Rodgers and a group of receivers that are a bit better then the Rams receivers should be able to exploit the secondary as well.

The other thing is the Packers dont give the ball away they were the top team last year in getting more turnovers than they give up. Rodgers does not throw picks and they seldom fumble so the chances that the Hawks D will score are limited.

*Special Teams

The Hawks have a new amazing return man Lockett. He has done a fabulous job and has scored more TDs in preseason and game 1 than the offense has. With the Packers concern with special team improvement I am sure because of last years special team results they will game plan and not kick to Lockett with balls going out of bounce or near the sidelines. I have faith in not allowing any special teams TDs.

So that is my smack and with these thoughts I see the game being controlled by the Pack in their home stadium. My guess is they will go for long controlled drives like in the second half of the Bears game like the 16 play TD drive giving the defense rest and keeping them off the field.

The Pack with a healthy Rodgers and a weaker Hawks D will be able to pick them apart and if the 3rd an 4th team Rams running back was able to run against them then Lacy should do well. This type of play rather than the 4 minute scoring drive will keep the Packers in control.

I expect a game similar to the Championship game without the meltdown in the last 5 minutes with a score in the area of 31 - 16 Packers with a healthy Rodgers getting TDs instead of field goals the O not being as conservative, if balls are picked the Defender will not fall to the ground and the special teams not making mistakes

Hats off to a good game and no injuries

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm talking smack on this game? I can share a few thoughts but it may take awhile :suds:

My first thought is that I am glad it is in Green Bay the trip there will be much shorter. I was at the last 3 games as I have a daughter who lives in the Seattle area and the last 3 times I have visited her it just so happened that the Packers were playing in Seattle at the same time so will be nice to have a short trip and the home crowd all pumped up.

While sitting at the last game it was fun as hell until the end as you all know. I couldnt believe how the Hawks were boo'd walking off the field at half time trailing 16 - 0. It was hard to believe the Packers were leading 19 - 7 starting the 4th quarter even after allowing 194 yards rushing in the game. yes that is even more than the Packers allowed the Bears to have last week.

Then game was lost in my opinion in these ways. McCarthy to conservative in play calls and not wanting to put the dagger in. The special teams messed up on 3 plays with the fake field goal, the hail marry 2 point conversion throw Clinton Dix couldnt handle and the onside kick. Take away one of those plays and it is a Packer win. Another factor in the loss was a limited Rodgers as he was not able to take off and run for first downs or get full strength in his throws.

So after looking at how the Packers gift wrapped the last game we can look to this new season and see what is different or what has changed.

Packer differences

* Offense -

McCarthy is no longer calling plays so will hopefully help eliminate some of the conservative calls and he is now spending more time on helping improve the special teams and defense

The players are the same except for Jordy Nelson. The O line is improved as in the first game last year there was a rookie center playing in his first game. This year there are no rookies and the line has had a year to play and gel. This is the best O line since McCarthy has been coach and has been ranked as one of the top 5 O lines in the league.

The QB the best in the league and running back one of the top 5 in the league. The injury to Jordy will cause the ball to be spread around more. All the assumptions that because Jordy is gone that now the Packer passing game will not be as effective is BS. The last time Jordy was out with injury for half the season was 2012 and in that year James Jones lead the NFL with 14 td passes. Wish Jones back the ball will be spread around more but Rodgers will still have his 4500 yards and 35 to 40 tds.

In the last game Jones caught 3 tds but one was taken away because of a penalty. He would have caught 4 but was raped on an interference call that made it impossible to catch. This shows that Rodgers has not missed a beat with Jones if he was targeted in the end zone 4 times in one game. If they put Sherman on Cobb and the #2 guy on Adams then Jones a seasoned veteran can work against the new guys in the Hawks secondary.

*Defense

The Packers cut Hawk who was sitting on the bench most of the championship game and didnt want to overpay for T Williams or D House. They gain back Raji and have Peppers with a year of experience in the system who has developed into a locker room leader who is not giving post game speeches to the team. The replacements for the backfield being M Hyde and C Hayward who are experienced and starting their 3rd and 4th year in the system and will get the job done.

This week safety Burnett will be back as he did not play last week and the one game suspension is over for D Jones. Raji will take the place of the yet suspended Guion.

The current defense is suspect as many saw the 140 yards that Forte got. What needs to be seen if this is the same defense that started last year that was one of the leagues worst or the one at the end of the season that over the last 8 weeks of the season had stats that would have made it the 3rd ranked defense.

The start of the season is hard to tell just how the defenses can be based on the limited amount of hitting and tackling allowed in training camps and not playing much in preseason games. It takes the defenses longer to get back in the flow of things than the offense as they have to get back up to gang speed and get use to hitting people and tackling again

After half time adjustments improvement was made against the Bears allowing just 41 yards the second half. Will just have to see which defense shows up the poor one we saw early last season or one that was very effective at the end of the year. But if we look back to the championship game the Pack was still leading 19 - 7 allowing over 190 rush yards against them so not sure if it will be as bad as most make it seem if they allow rushing yards.

* Special teams

Last year the Packers sucked in special teams and were ranked like 30 out of 32 teams.

Crosby is back and has been doing amazing. He did not miss a field goal in training camp

Kick returner Montgomery was drafted to help with one of the worst kick return games and the Pack now leads the league in kickoff return average. There has not been a punt return yet so hard to say how that will be yet. he kickoff return game has been solid and even handled the onside kick last week to perfection. There will not be any special team melt downs on Sunday

Seattle differences

Now I am not an expert on all the differences Seattle has had but this is what I am aware of compared to last year and what I have learned from reading views of Hawk fans on their Team Board.

* Roster changes or differences:

The Hawks have lost a number of starters, such as CB Byron Maxwell, G James Carpenter, C Max Unger, and they also lost LB Malcolm Smith, LB O'Brien Schoffield, S Jeron Johnson, TE Zach Miller, and DT Kevin Williams. Additionally, FS Earl Thomas may be limited as it appears he is not fully healed, and Jeremy Lane may miss half the year. Richard Charmin refused Tommy John surgery on his injured elbow, and Kam Chancellor is a hold out.

But when reading through the Hawk threads it appears many think they have a better team this year.

* Offense

The big difference we have heard about is the new TE Graham. We have all heard what a great red zone target he will be . The thing is the problem so far is you need to be able to get to the red zone to make this a possibility. So far in preseason and game one the Hawks starting O has scored 2tds. Yes 2 offensive tds in 20 quarters of football.

I am not sure of the reasons for this but the many opinions I have seen posted by Hawk fans include:

Bevell sucks, Cable sucks, the O line sucks. In the first game Wilson was hammered being sacked 6 times and hurried many other times. What is hard to figure is was this because of the greatness of the Rams D or was it because of how pathetic the Hawks O line is? Were the limited yards Lynch had because the O line is not able to block and create holes or was it a superior Rams D. I am thinking it is a combination of both. It may be that the rush offense may be a bit more limited this year with a worse O line and I saw a few concerns from Hawk fans that Lynch may be losing a step. The Hawk running backs are now 2 old guys and they dumped the ones they drafted to develop to replace them. I guess the draft and develop strategy has not worked so well in the backfield

* Defense

Things I have seen posted through training camp up until now is that the D line will be amazing.
The Legion of Boom will be amazing and the D will be as awesome as usual.

When looking at reality after the first game things didnt work out quite as expected for many of the Hawk fans. I saw a few Hawk fans wondering if some of the lackluster play was because of the new D coordinator stating he wasnt making calls the same as the old coordinator. Many have disdain for Kam and him missing was a big issue.

The fact is the Legion of Boom does not exist anymore so this nickname does not make sense anymore but if Hawk fans want to live in the past more power to them. The players that created the Boom are not all there now. They should maybe be called the Legion of Gloom!

There was concern in week 1 where Hawk fans were wondering how 3rd and 4th team Ram running backs were able to run through the amazing front 7 of the Hawks. It was said in many threads that the Rams O line sucked and that the Hawks should be able to feast on them but for some reason this did not happen. Foles was sacked 2 times and was able to throw against the so called Boom or is it now the Gloom?

If the Rams have a sucky O line and the Hawks could only get to him twice it will be much harder for them to get to Rodgers with a very good Oline. He was not touched in week 1. He also has healthy legs so will be much better with his passes and be able to run for yards creating first downs as well.

If Foles and the Rams receivers able to pass against the Hawks a healthy Rodgers and a group of receivers that are a bit better then the Rams receivers should be able to exploit the secondary as well.

The other thing is the Packers dont give the ball away they were the top team last year in getting more turnovers than they give up. Rodgers does not throw picks and they seldom fumble so the chances that the Hawks D will score are limited.

*Special Teams

The Hawks have a new amazing return man Lockett. He has done a fabulous job and has scored more TDs in preseason and game 1 than the offense has. With the Packers concern with special team improvement I am sure because of last years special team results they will game plan and not kick to Lockett with balls going out of bounce or near the sidelines. I have faith in not allowing any special teams TDs.

So that is my smack and with these thoughts I see the game being controlled by the Pack in their home stadium. My guess is they will go for long controlled drives like in the second half of the Bears game like the 16 play TD drive giving the defense rest and keeping them off the field.

The Pack with a healthy Rodgers and a weaker Hawks D will be able to pick them apart and if the 3rd an 4th team Rams running back was able to run against them then Lacy should do well. This type of play rather than the 4 minute scoring drive will keep the Packers in control.

I expect a game similar to the Championship game without the meltdown in the last 5 minutes with a score in the area of 31 - 16 Packers with a healthy Rodgers getting TDs instead of field goals the O not being as conservative, if balls are picked the Defender will not fall to the ground and the special teams not making mistakes

Hats off to a good game and no injuries

Interesting read. You are a much better writer than pickem's picker.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ I've seen cheeseheads talking smack all over the Internet this week about the Hawks. Talk about lingering butthurt from the NFC champ choke fest. Get used to that feeling cause Lynch is going to ram his foot up your run Ds ass once again.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ I've seen cheeseheads talking smack all over the Internet this week about the Hawks. Talk about lingering butthurt from the NFC champ choke fest. Get used to that feeling cause Lynch is going to ram his foot up your run Ds ass once again.

He doesnt have an O line that can create holes

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for taking the time to make such a thoughtful,detailed post, especially this late at night. I have been very concerned about the Chancellor holdout all preseason, and I am not consoled by the first game. It may be impossible to overstate the impact Dan Quinn had on this team, and his tenure as HC in Atlanta certainly got off to a good start, at least in the First half of the Eagles game. As Chuck Knox so famously said in 1984, "you play the hand you're dealt". In spite of any perceived shortcomings in the team, my blood still runs Seahawk Blue.

GO HAWKS!!!

84-tues1.jpg

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Lambeau - quite a write up brother

wouldn't it have been easier to just do this?

th?id=JN.gGD2RkB41XCy%2bLoleZQvtw&pid=15.1.jpg

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the silence is deafening