• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Seahawks vs Packers smack thread

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More bad news for the cheeseheads. Bulaga is out for the Sunday and Avril will be the one out there attacking that right side. Erin will be spending more time on his back than a Vegas hooker.

That didn't work out in your favor

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this very thing all off season. Graham is a better version of what the Broncos had in Julius Thomas and some were saying that when the Broncos lost Thomas they were going to lose a huge chunk of their offense. While yes he is a huge receiving threat he is just as much a liability though in the run game. Now with the Broncos being more of a passing team it limited his impact in hurting the run game but with Seattle wanting to run so much it definitely amplifies that Graham will be a liability to this offense at times.

The Broncos did the same thing in knowing that JT couldn't block they ran away from him and I have said all off season that the Seahawks would run into the same problem of teams knowing exactly where you want to run the ball. If I were the Seahawks honestly I would almost just make him a true outside WR or a slot guy. It limits how he can impact the run game and you still get the advantage of his mismatch in the passing game.

Good points. I was thinking this watching the game last night as he was splitting time with Willson all night. He just doesn't seem to be a good fit with Seattle. They're going to have to do something to get him more involved in their offense because they way they're using him now is a waste

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for proving my point: You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

If you want indepth details, I can provide them to you to show what the ownership did to sabotage the situation. But since it is obvious that your only reasons here is to whine about how much you hate Seattle in general I doubt you want to actually deal in the facts.
I will gladly dispute this from an economical stand point. Which organization do you want to start with? If it's the Hawks we're starting with. Why do not believe this was an economic decision based on $? Because Ken Bering told Gary Lock he wouldn't move the team? Are you kidding me. Number of fans were dropping. The Kingdome was a joke. You could get tickets the day of the game (I did this many times). If you can refute any of this with facts, not your opinion, I will actually provide you the numbers. If you just want to be a homer and keep saying I'm wrong with no factual data, then we are about thru here. Been down that road.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will gladly dispute this from an economical stand point. Which organization do you want to start with? If it's the Hawks we're starting with. Why do not believe this was an economic decision based on $? Because Ken Bering told Gary Lock he wouldn't move the team? Are you kidding me. Number of fans were dropping. The Kingdome was a joke. You could get tickets the day of the game (I did this many times). If you can refute any of this with facts, not your opinion, I will actually provide you the numbers. If you just want to be a homer and keep saying I'm wrong with no factual data, then we are about thru here. Been down that road.

So you are stating that Berhing did not intentionally gut the franchise and lose games to undermine and alienate the fanbase? Because if you believe that he didn't then you are a fool.

But I was referring specifically to the Sonics. I helped research the Sonicsgate documentary. I am extremely well informed on the Sonic's issue.
It never was about attendance. It was about a new ownership group that made unreasonable demands for a new venue. The franchise was gone the moment Fatboy Bennett bought the team despite all of his lies stating the opposite.
The problem was that the Key Arena was siitting in the middle of a public "park" and you couldn't add the commercial venues to it that modern arenas require and the parking revenue was not attached to the team. To top it off the 10 year old arena was intentionally remodeled with fewer seats so the NHL couldn't use it and not enough private boxes.
No it never was about attendance as you so crassly put it in your attempt to rank on the Seattle area and their people in your blind hatred. If so (as I stated before) towns like Philly, DC, Milwaukee, Atlanta,, etc who all put up similar or lesser attendance in the time frame before all of that. It was about Bennett being able to take advantage of the situation. If he would have at least told the truth instead of lying every time he opened his mouth then it would have been a more palatable situation.

I can go on for pages with details on how and why Bennet lied, how is demands were ridiculous, and all of the different options that were brought forth that he never explored in the least. Not that he was the only one to blame. Schultz knew the situation when he bought the team but screwed the fans in his frustration in not being able to negotiate with the city. Stern continually lied to protect his buttbuddy Bennett. The NBA went out of its way protect Sacto, New Orleans, Charlotte , but provided no support for Seattle.

Again, I have tons more. I know you hate all things Seattle but blaming the fanbase for the team moving is just plain wrong in this situation. In fact the team was still profitable when they made a small playoff run (unfortunately that was not every year with Walker as GM).

Keep making blanket statements without anything to back them up though.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are stating that Berhing did not intentionally gut the franchise and lose games to undermine and alienate the fanbase? Because if you believe that he didn't then you are a fool.

But I was referring specifically to the Sonics. I helped research the Sonicsgate documentary. I am extremely well informed on the Sonic's issue.
It never was about attendance. It was about a new ownership group that made unreasonable demands for a new venue. The franchise was gone the moment Fatboy Bennett bought the team despite all of his lies stating the opposite.
The problem was that the Key Arena was siitting in the middle of a public "park" and you couldn't add the commercial venues to it that modern arenas require and the parking revenue was not attached to the team. To top it off the 10 year old arena was intentionally remodeled with fewer seats so the NHL couldn't use it and not enough private boxes.
No it never was about attendance as you so crassly put it in your attempt to rank on the Seattle area and their people in your blind hatred. If so (as I stated before) towns like Philly, DC, Milwaukee, Atlanta,, etc who all put up similar or lesser attendance in the time frame before all of that. It was about Bennett being able to take advantage of the situation. If he would have at least told the truth instead of lying every time he opened his mouth then it would have been a more palatable situation.

I can go on for pages with details on how and why Bennet lied, how is demands were ridiculous, and all of the different options that were brought forth that he never explored in the least. Not that he was the only one to blame. Schultz knew the situation when he bought the team but screwed the fans in his frustration in not being able to negotiate with the city. Stern continually lied to protect his buttbuddy Bennett. The NBA went out of its way protect Sacto, New Orleans, Charlotte , but provided no support for Seattle.

Again, I have tons more. I know you hate all things Seattle but blaming the fanbase for the team moving is just plain wrong in this situation. In fact the team was still profitable when they made a small playoff run (unfortunately that was not every year with Walker as GM).

Keep making blanket statements without anything to back them up though.
Obviously you are only interested in your opinion. You not only try to insult me but you call everyone involved in these actions/non actions out because you don't want to grasp the truth. It's all about ecomics. Instead of getting so angry go pull the numbers. Look at how profitable OKC has been since the Sonics left. It's too bad you are so jaded and have no clue what I like or dislike. For you to say I hate all things Seattle is pure ignorant. Did you know the wife and I had season tickets to the Sonics? She had them going back to the days of DJ, Sikma, Chambers, Nate... We still have an autographed team photo from 87-87 with the ticket stubs section 8, row BB, seats 1&2. Or have you seen other posts by me where I said I would buy 1/2 season tickets if Seattle/Tacoma got an NHL team? One thing I have given up on is attending Hawk games. One I don't enjoy standing in the rain for 3 hours with jack ass fans. No not all fans are jack asses but there are plenty. Actually too many and this is mostly attritubuted to the new bandwagon fans. Games in the Kingdome or first few years at the Clink didn't have near the amount of obnoxious fans. The new fan base are asses and it's actually a shame. It doesn't matter what team comes. Sure the fans get more adgitated against rivals or other quality opponents but it happens at EVERY game. My brother in law who happens to also be a preacher is planning on getting rid of his season tickets. He and his daughter attend them together. They both HUGE Hawk fans and can't stand the new attitude. They actually went to the GB game last night. So yes they're dedicated.
So if you choose to pontificate with no facts. I can at least provide you with others first hand knowledge. Isn't this fun?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just repeating the same crap over and over again. Leases, and luxury suites, that's the new pro sports reality. Seattle built a new stadium for the Hawks and for the Mariners, so when Mr. Coffee came hat in hand to ask for a third, the politicians couldn't sell the corporate welfare to voters. (heck, the public funding for the Seahawks stadium passed by the skin of its teeth)

So, the team was given to Bennet and Oklahoma (despite protestations to the contrary), and Shultz got to say 'I told ya' so.'

Ironically, I did a documentary on minor league pro hockey in Texas, and I actually interviewed the guys that ran the Ford Centre, a stadium only slightly less glitzy than the AA Centre in DFW, when THEIR ONLY FVCKING TENANT WAS THE OKLAHOMA CITY BLAZERS, with about 7 and some change fans every game. They were the only tenant in that stadium for years. Build it and ye' shall steal someone else's team!

That's how basketball came to Oklahoma. It's all about the buildings. It's all about suites.

The Sonics weren't leading the NBA in attendance, but they weren't anywhere near the bottom of the league either.

It wasn't support, it was leases and buildings, end of story.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you are only interested in your opinion. You not only try to insult me but you call everyone involved in these actions/non actions out because you don't want to grasp the truth. It's all about ecomics. Instead of getting so angry go pull the numbers. Look at how profitable OKC has been since the Sonics left. It's too bad you are so jaded and have no clue what I like or dislike. For you to say I hate all things Seattle is pure ignorant. Did you know the wife and I had season tickets to the Sonics? She had them going back to the days of DJ, Sikma, Chambers, Nate... We still have an autographed team photo from 87-87 with the ticket stubs section 8, row BB, seats 1&2. Or have you seen other posts by me where I said I would buy 1/2 season tickets if Seattle/Tacoma got an NHL team? One thing I have given up on is attending Hawk games. One I don't enjoy standing in the rain for 3 hours with jack ass fans. No not all fans are jack asses but there are plenty. Actually too many and this is mostly attritubuted to the new bandwagon fans. Games in the Kingdome or first few years at the Clink didn't have near the amount of obnoxious fans. The new fan base are asses and it's actually a shame. It doesn't matter what team comes. Sure the fans get more adgitated against rivals or other quality opponents but it happens at EVERY game. My brother in law who happens to also be a preacher is planning on getting rid of his season tickets. He and his daughter attend them together. They both HUGE Hawk fans and can't stand the new attitude. They actually went to the GB game last night. So yes they're dedicated.
So if you choose to pontificate with no facts. I can at least provide you with others first hand knowledge. Isn't this fun?

Funny that I "pontificate with no facts" when that is actually all that you are doing.

Everything I wrote was factual. All you did was mention that you used to attend games, which has nothing to do with the situation.

Sorry that you hate Seahawk fans so much. It is strange to me that you attribute your hatred to obnoxious bandwagon fans but you now root for the Pats who have just as many of those as the Hawks do. I guess that living in Seattle blinds you to this as you don't have to deal with them first hand?

Good luck to your Pats for the rest of the year. Try dialing back your Seahawks and Seattle hatred a notch or two. It appears to be rather nonsensical.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just repeating the same crap over and over again. Leases, and luxury suites, that's the new pro sports reality. Seattle built a new stadium for the Hawks and for the Mariners, so when Mr. Coffee came hat in hand to ask for a third, the politicians couldn't sell the corporate welfare to voters. (heck, the public funding for the Seahawks stadium passed by the skin of its teeth)

So, the team was given to Bennet and Oklahoma (despite protestations to the contrary), and Shultz got to say 'I told ya' so.'

Ironically, I did a documentary on minor league pro hockey in Texas, and I actually interviewed the guys that ran the Ford Centre, a stadium only slightly less glitzy than the AA Centre in DFW, when THEIR ONLY FVCKING TENANT WAS THE OKLAHOMA CITY BLAZERS, with about 7 and some change fans every game. They were the only tenant in that stadium for years. Build it and ye' shall steal someone else's team!

That's how basketball came to Oklahoma. It's all about the buildings. It's all about suites.

The Sonics weren't leading the NBA in attendance, but they weren't anywhere near the bottom of the league either.

It wasn't support, it was leases and buildings, end of story.

Dead on.

It could have easily been done in Seattle with a little patience and ownership backing but ownership and the league decided to screw the fans instead.

Oh well. What is done is done. Not the first time this has happened. Ask Browns, Colts, Cards, Raiders, Rams (soon to be again?), etc etc fans. Won't be the last either.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmmm

Seattle is 19-23 on the road versus 31-9 at home under Pete Carroll.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When can we snatch the pebble from your hand?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmmm

Seattle is 19-23 on the road versus 31-9 at home under Pete Carroll.

Not that surprising.....is it? Good teams find a way to win the majority of there games at home.

What's Belichicks' record at home?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that I "pontificate with no facts" when that is actually all that you are doing.

Everything I wrote was factual. All you did was mention that you used to attend games, which has nothing to do with the situation.

Sorry that you hate Seahawk fans so much. It is strange to me that you attribute your hatred to obnoxious bandwagon fans but you now root for the Pats who have just as many of those as the Hawks do. I guess that living in Seattle blinds you to this as you don't have to deal with them first hand?

Good luck to your Pats for the rest of the year. Try dialing back your Seahawks and Seattle hatred a notch or two. It appears to be rather nonsensical.
Glad to see you comprehended I was pontificating just like you. Thus my comment about "isn't this fun"? Unlike you I did start with facts not opinions. I also backed it up with at least some family members feelings so the opinions weren't just from me. Unfortunately, you missed that or chose to ignore it? Either way it doen't matter.
You also misssed the boat on judging me once again. No where have I ever stated I dislike Seattle. Some of the fans and the Hawks, now that's a different story altogether. Another swing and a miss from you is, I did attend Hawk games, but I was never a fan of them. I simply tolerated them. I've always been a Pats fan. You're also mistaken about Pat fans and your comparison to the new age Hawk fans. On the Hoop you may be right? But as far as fans attending the games you're way off. Have you ever been to Gillette or Foxboro? As a matter of fact if anything fans attending games were being called pink hatters due to their lack of noise/passion during games. Also for the past 15 + years it has been one of the highest ticket prices in the league. The average obnoxious Pat fan couldn't afford them.
Good Luck to the Hawks. Do I hope they fail miserably? Sure I do. Attribute that to the fans obnoxious behavior and the teams recent success. Next time though you may want to keep in mind this is a SMACK tslk thread.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that surprising.....is it? Good teams find a way to win the majority of there games at home.

What's Belichicks' record at home?
The better question would be what is belichicks road record?

Since carrolls is under .500 and that was my angle.

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that this thread is still growing two days after the game. I wish I could say that this SEA-GBY rivalry is similar to DAL-SFO in the 1990s, but the number of Championships owned by the Pack unbalances the comparison between the two current franchises and the pair 20-some years ago. Is the Fail Mary the defining moment, or is it the Comeback at the Clink last January?

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that this thread is still growing two days after the game. I wish I could say that this SEA-GBY rivalry is similar to DAL-SFO in the 1990s, but the number of Championships owned by the Pack unbalances the comparison between the two current franchises and the pair 20-some years ago. Is the Fail Mary the defining moment, or is it the Comeback at the Clink last January?

Green Bay/Seattle is no where close to Dallas/SF of the 90s... those 2 teams played in NFCC game 3 straight years with winner taking home Super Bowl.