• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Seahawks vs Broncos preseason game thread

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Hawks have plenty of legit options when it comes to kick and punt returners. Kearse's run in particular was nice, but any time there's a big return like that, you have to hold your breath that there won't be a flag that nullifies it. When I saw that there was a flag on the play, my immediate reaction was "Damn!", because it's almost always a flag on the return team in those situations. Needless to say I was happy when they picked it up.

As for the game itself, it had the look and feel of a regular season game throughout the first half, including a ridiculous amount of pushing and shoving. I know these guys are fighting for a job and everything and emotions are kinda high, but did it seem to anyone else like there was a bit too much of that stuff for a preseason game?

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the game itself, it had the look and feel of a regular season game throughout the first half, including a ridiculous amount of pushing and shoving. I know these guys are fighting for a job and everything and emotions are kinda high, but did it seem to anyone else like there was a bit too much of that stuff for a preseason game?

According to a lot of pundits this game was a preview of the big dance. Both teams are making a case to be the class of their respective conferences, emotions are bound to run high.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game got very chippy for a preseason game. It's not like Peyton had a bust of a night. You could see Welker and him already got chemistry and they moved the ball well at times. Their running game has work to do.

But Seattle beat them at O, D, and ST pretty convincingly. Osweiller looked a confused hot mess out there and 12th man delivered.

But you could tell both teams were going at it hard for a preseason game. A Superbowl between these two teams this Feb could be a great one.

I loved the old AFC west vibe this game had.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a lot of pundits this game was a preview of the big dance. Both teams are making a case to be the class of their respective conferences, emotions are bound to run high.

I guess I just don't understand why any of the players who were looking to impress their respective coaching staffs would do anything that could possibly incur a 15 yard penalty, costing their team field position at the very least. Besides, the pundits might have been looking at this game as a potential Super Bowl preview, but the players can't afford to think that way, especially the ones still fighting for a spot on the roster. I know that those guys want jobs, but doing stuff that results in a penalty against your team is not the best way to go about doing that. Oh well. It was a great game for the Seahawks. On to the dress rehearsal game for the regular season next week against Green Bay. It should be fun.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just don't understand why any of the players who were looking to impress their respective coaching staffs would do anything that could possibly incur a 15 yard penalty, costing their team field position at the very least. Besides, the pundits might have been looking at this game as a potential Super Bowl preview, but the players can't afford to think that way, especially the ones still fighting for a spot on the roster. I know that those guys want jobs, but doing stuff that results in a penalty against your team is not the best way to go about doing that. Oh well. It was a great game for the Seahawks. On to the dress rehearsal game for the regular season next week against Green Bay. It should be fun.

The first half of the game had most of the starters for both teams going at it like it was regular season. Refs are always flag happy in the preseason so always expect a flag fest.

ESPN and most of the other press coverage where caught with their pants down as usual while they were getting ready to lead with another story about the Jets QB situation and montage of Tom Brady. Once ESPN started blasting the highlights, it was "Uhhh, how come Carroll and Fox are in 'Bring the Rain' mode in game 2 of the preseason?"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGOgJXFpgxs]Transformers (2007) - Clip (2/12) - Scorponok - YouTube[/ame]

Again. Both teams decided to turn it into a 30 min statement as both are SB contenders. Was beautiful to watch, even though Pete Carroll went all USC days on them with his D and Special Teams, and it was over before it began.

From the opening kickoff , it was war, till Donkeys waved the white flag at the end of the half.