• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL OFF SEASON THREAD ( 2017 )

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see a strong showing from Chi Chi today... need him to be consistent and solid.
It is hard for me to know anymore just what to take from ST results. Take Chi Chi for example. If he is working on his strikeout pitch and gets hammered doing so it looks bad in the boxscore, but it could be very beneficial if it helps him to develop that pitch. If he is just trying to get guys out and not worrying about improving his strikeout pitch then he might have success in ST and then be the same Chi Chi once the regular season begins.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard for me to know anymore just what to take from ST results. Take Chi Chi for example. If he is working on his strikeout pitch and gets hammered doing so it looks bad in the boxscore, but it could be very beneficial if it helps him to develop that pitch. If he is just trying to get guys out and not worrying about improving his strikeout pitch then he might have success in ST and then be the same Chi Chi once the regular season begins.

all good points.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see a strong showing from Chi Chi today... need him to be consistent and solid.

Welp, fuck me. And salt in the wound was that Odor and Chirinos are on the other side.

Team Venezuela is stacked.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Evan's latest Opening Day roster projection.

Starting pitchers (5)
-- RHP Yu Darvish, LHP Cole Hamels, LHP Martin Perez, RHP Mike Hauschild, RHP Chi Chi Gonzalez

Relief pitchers (7)
-- RHP Sam Dyson, RHP Matt Bush, RHP Tony Barnette, LHP Alex Claudio, RHP Keone Kela, RHP Jeremy Jeffress, RHP Tanner Scheppers,

Catchers (2)
-- Jonathan Lucroy, Robinson Chirinos

Infielders (6)
-- 1B Mike Napoli, 2B Rougned Odor, SS Elvis Andrus, 3B Adrian Beltre, INF-OF Jurickson Profar, INF Drew Robinson

Outfielders (5)
-- LF Ryan Rua, CF Carlos Gomez, RF Nomar Mazara, OF-DH Shin-Soo Choo, OF Delino DeShields

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Evan's latest Opening Day roster projection.

Starting pitchers (5)
-- RHP Yu Darvish, LHP Cole Hamels, LHP Martin Perez, RHP Mike Hauschild, RHP Chi Chi Gonzalez

Relief pitchers (7)
-- RHP Sam Dyson, RHP Matt Bush, RHP Tony Barnette, LHP Alex Claudio, RHP Keone Kela, RHP Jeremy Jeffress, RHP Tanner Scheppers,

Catchers (2)
-- Jonathan Lucroy, Robinson Chirinos

Infielders (6)
-- 1B Mike Napoli, 2B Rougned Odor, SS Elvis Andrus, 3B Adrian Beltre, INF-OF Jurickson Profar, INF Drew Robinson

Outfielders (5)
-- LF Ryan Rua, CF Carlos Gomez, RF Nomar Mazara, OF-DH Shin-Soo Choo, OF Delino DeShields
Wow!! Evan really spent mid night oil on this one.:gaah:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Rangers pitcher Bill Hands passed away. Not to be confused with former Rangers pitcher Rich Hand.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Surprise Five: Thoughts from Thursday at Rangers camp

Andrew Cashner won’t be ready at the start of the regular season after having a setback with the soreness in his upper right biceps. Doug Brocail, the pitching coach, said that, so it must be true.

The Rangers have an abundance of starters in camp trying to be the No. 5 starter. Well, now they get a chance to be the No. 4 starter. If early spring stats mean anything, Eddie Gamboa is the favorite.

Gonzalez had his first hiccup of the spring against Venezuela, which hit three grounders to second base in a 1-2-3 first inning before unleashing six straight hits to open the second.

His five runs allowed in 1 1/3 innings won’t be reflected in the spring stats, as the exhibition won’t count for or against players or in the team won-loss record, but it counted.

As manager Jeff Banister said early in camp, every pitcher is allowed a hiccup, maybe even two. He said if not for hiccups, Colby Lewis might not have made the rotation in 2015 and 2016.

So, how about Lewis in 2017?

He says he can be ready by April 7. He has been throwing off and on since parting ways with the Rangers last month and staying in shape by riding his bicycle on the streets of Bakersfield.

The Rangers know that they need to consider him at the very least. Not only would he give them a capable starter to replace Cashner, but he could then slide into the spot being held for Tyson Ross.

Who knows what other spots could develop?

Lewis would also fill a void in the clubhouse, which is missing something from last season. It’s missing a lot of something — Lewis, Derek Holland, Mitch Moreland, Ian Desmond, Carlos Beltran — despite recouping the losses with Mike Napoli.

It makes a lot of sense, doesn’t it? It did during the off-season, too.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having Colby at ST already is pretty dumb IMO, should have signed him a month ago with Cashner being on this roster

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo is 2 for 21 with 10 strikeouts this spring. Hammels is getting hammered by the Dodgers. 4 runs in the first with no outs.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if Cole just isn't that good anymore based on his finish last year, his start in the playoffs, and his spring so far.

I hope the guy proves me wrong tho.

I realize it's one ST start, but damn it was ugly.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SP is already thin to begin with, but if Hamels is injured it could get ugly with the rotation we may have to go with to start the year

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very concerned with Hamels' numbers against AL hitters before we traded for him. Then he settled in and pitched better than he had at the end of 2015 and during a lot of 2016. That made me think my concerns were overblown. Now I am again wondering just how effective he is going to be from here on out. I remember others were concerned with the amount of innings he had pitched in his career. We shall see.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just do not have a very good feeling about this year.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just do not have a very good feeling about this year.

The way last year ended and a few of the moves, leave me w plenty of concern as well