• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL OFF SEASON THREAD ( 2017 )

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take that but don't think we're that good. Unles we do something by trading deadline. Come on spring training. Anxious to see if we do anything re Darvish and Lucroy.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish Hammels Perez Ross is not to shabby. A #5 better than Cashner with our BP and we are in the hunt. To top it off, one more power bat and look out. The infield is decent and the outfield is too. OK so I'm looking at the bright side. Why not? That'a a pretty good looking team.:yes:

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish Hammels Perez Ross is not to shabby. A #5 better than Cashner with our BP and we are in the hunt. To top it off, one more power bat and look out. The infield is decent and the outfield is too. OK so I'm looking at the bright side. Why not? That'a a pretty good looking team.:yes:
Ross probably won't pitch until at least 2 months into the season though.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross probably won't pitch until at least 2 months into the season though.
I know but Griffin and Nmart can find a win or two.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby is still out there

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously what is the point of having Profar around

You don't just give away Profar. He is a solid replacement in case of injury.

Not holding my breath for Profar or Odor playing LF. Would have thought if that was in the cards ther would be exposure to this in winter ball.

Glad the signing of Napoli. As reported I bet it finalized the 14th. Also, thinking Choo gets quite a bit of time as DH with Nap as well unless Josh resurrects. Otherwise Rua who has a lot off pop gets LF some and Maz gets RF when Choo DHs.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy have Nap back personally, but until we start having offseasons where we try to make our team the best in baseball instead of just building for a shot at the wildcard I can't get too excited. After the past 2 seasons even winning the division doesn't do much for me. Losing 6 straight in the playoffs does that to me.

Is there a burr under your saddle? Guess extending Yu or WS is only possibly for excitement. For me, I would like to enjoy the ride vs stress it all

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not holding my breath for Profar or Odor playing LF. Would have thought if that was in the cards ther would be exposure to this in winter ball.

Glad the signing of Napoli. As reported I bet it finalized the 14th. Also, thinking Choo gets quite a bit of time as DH with Nap as well unless Josh resurrects. Otherwise Rua who has a lot off pop gets LF some and Maz gets RF when Choo DHs.
No one is suggesting we give Profar away but trade him before his value declines further. In the meantime, what do you suggest we do with him until an injury occurs?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is suggesting we give Profar away but trade him before his value declines further. In the meantime, what do you suggest we do with him until an injury occurs?

Could say ride the pine or do some AAA in LF. But think he is super utility guy while will likely diminish his offensive prowess. If he gets hot play him more. I wish more coaches did this with players. Just think Profar as an insurance policy has more value from what we would get in trade

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar has little to no trade value at this point, unless a team just takes a chance on him. They aren't going to give much value in return either, unless he gets enough playing time and can prove to stay healthy and show signs he is still one of the top prospects in MLB. His stock cant really go up sitting on the bench, he needs to go to RR and kill it there to gain his value back

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar has little to no trade value at this point, unless a team just takes a chance on him. They aren't going to give much value in return either, unless he gets enough playing time and can prove to stay healthy and show signs he is still one of the top prospects in MLB. His stock cant really go up sitting on the bench, he needs to go to RR and kill it there to gain his value back
His only value is at Round Rock. Not in the outfield, first base, or on the bench. I don't know about those Stars.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is Rua hasn't shown he can hit right handed pitching. Nap doesn't hit well when he is the DH. At least he didn't last year. He hit .189 when he was DH.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His only value is at Round Rock. Not in the outfield, first base, or on the bench. I don't know about those Stars.

The Stars have had a truly disappointing season so far DG, maybe they get hot and get in the playoffs and make a run but it has still been a let down year

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Texas Rangers may well be looking to upgrade their pitching, it does not appear as though a trade with the Chicago White Sox for Jose Quintana is in the cards.

Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News reported that “it does not appear they are making a renewed push to land him (Quintana), despite a Wednesday afternoon report to the contrary.”

This flies in the face of a previous report (which you can read about here) saying that the Rangers had “suddenly increased their pursuit” of Quintana.