• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners trade deadline rumors/armchair GM thread

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last sentence is what scares the crap out of me. Dipoto is an analytics guy and analytics says Vogelbach is an all star caliber major league hitter.

Maybe at eating Twinkies, but unless they are really planning on waiting a couple years for this kid to develop ( kinda the opposite of what they did with Smoak) he will be be doing it for someone else...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt this is anything substantial

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt this is anything substantial

Maybe they can trade O'Neill for him and parts since that is all we have to offer...oh ya strike that. Maybe they will take the broken down, but under team control, pitcher and parts for him?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they can trade O'Neill for him and parts since that is all we have to offer...oh ya strike that. Maybe they will take the broken down, but under team control, pitcher and parts for him?

I heard about this on the radio, who exactly can Seattle trade for Gray?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I don't think the Mariners are even capable of putting together a deal for Gray without O'Neill. If the Mariners do somehow put together a competitive package, our farm system will be devoid of anyone of value.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robert MurrayVerified account @RobertMurrayFRS
Source: #Royals acquiring Brandon Maurer, Buchter, Cahill from #Padres in exchange for Matt Strahm, Travis Wood, Esteury Ruiz.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better fucking not!

I'm just using the Quintana deal as a benchmark. I think Gray is better than Quintana and think that the Cubs gave up way too much, but seeing as how SPs are costing a pretty penny, I'd assume that a top prospect or two is what it would take to land Gray.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what I was thinking.

I don't think the Mariners are even capable of putting together a deal for Gray without O'Neill. If the Mariners do somehow put together a competitive package, our farm system will be devoid of anyone of value.

My issue is that I'm not even sure Gray makes this a playoff team. The offense just doesn't show up consistently enough. And if you aren't making the playoffs this year you might as well just wait until the winter. But at some point you need add a pitcher that isn't just a "buy low" guy.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is that I'm not even sure Gray makes this a playoff team. The offense just doesn't show up consistently enough. And if you aren't making the playoffs this year you might as well just wait until the winter. But at some point you need add a pitcher that isn't just a "buy low" guy.

I think JD's mentality is that we have a few years left of Cano at the top of his game and Cruz hitting the way he does so we need to capitalize and make moves that will benefit the team this year and next.

I will say that I do believe the roster has more talent than the W/L record indicates, and I think JD recognizes that. I think he is trying to make moves that will improve the roster this year while building for next year. Gray would improve the team immediately any also contribute next year as well.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just using the Quintana deal as a benchmark. I think Gray is better than Quintana and think that the Cubs gave up way too much, but seeing as how SPs are costing a pretty penny, I'd assume that a top prospect or two is what it would take to land Gray.
Then I pass!

Kyle Lewis needs to be a Mariner, end of story.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I pass!

Kyle Lewis needs to be a Mariner, end of story.

Not sure how I feel yet, but I agree that a trade for Gray would really deplete of us minor league talent. This is why we shouldn't have made the Gonzales trade. We could've made a move for Gray and used O'Neill as a centerpiece.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel yet, but I agree that a trade for Gray would really deplete of us minor league talent. This is why we shouldn't have made the Gonzales trade. We could've made a move for Gray and used O'Neill as a centerpiece.

I agree, only on the notion that the A's valued O'Neill as much as the everyone on here does.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins and Braves Trade

After some fits and starts, the Twins finally landed lefthander Jaime Garcia from the Braves along with catcher Anthony Recker for 19-year-old righthander Huascar Ynoa on Monday afternoon.