• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Cowboys/Packers smack talk thread

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers are soft!! Jordy Nelson won't play with a broken rib, for fear of puncturing a lung. Get that pussy a tampon!

Meanwhile, Romo played with broken ribs and a punctured lung.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers are soft!! Jordy Nelson won't play with a broken rib, for fear of puncturing a lung. Get that pussy a tampon!

has he been officially ruled out?

haven't read that anywhere

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has not been said, one way or another. My money is on him not playing. Although he may try to give it a go, I just don't see how that works very well - too much running involved for Nelson, sucking all that air would have to be very painful. Can't imagine Nelson would be anything close to full speed.

Don't take me too seriously in this thread, it's just a trash talk thread.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last month of the season the defenses the Packers have played:

Houston with #1 over all defense and #2 passing defense scoring 21 points
Seattle with #5 over all defense and #8 passing defense scoring 38 points
Chicago with #15 over all defense but the #7 passing defense scoring 30 points
Vikings with the #3 over all defense and #3 passing defense scoring 38 points

4 of the top 10 passing defenses in the last month and it did not seem to matter. This is not the same team from back in week 5 or whatever it was.

None of those 4 teams have an offense. Dallas does.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe geronimo will give him something for the pain:suds:

Packers WR Geronimo Allison is facing marijuana charges stemming from a September arrest.

Arrested in September, Allison was charged in December. He has a court date later this month. It's unclear if any of this is news to the Packers, but it's unlikely. With Jordy Nelson (ribs) banged up, Allison will probably be Green Bay's No. 3 receiver for the Divisional Round. He had a productive final few weeks of the regular season with Randall Cobb sidelined.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe geronimo will give him something for the pain:suds:

Packers WR Geronimo Allison is facing marijuana charges stemming from a September arrest.

Arrested in September, Allison was charged in December. He has a court date later this month. It's unclear if any of this is news to the Packers, but it's unlikely. With Jordy Nelson (ribs) banged up, Allison will probably be Green Bay's No. 3 receiver for the Divisional Round. He had a productive final few weeks of the regular season with Randall Cobb sidelined.

sigh

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting playoff game, scheduled for this weekend.

Offensively, the Green Bay receivers will run most of their routes at an intermediate distance. Also, those receives have a tendency to run more Go's, than any other team in the league. Sunday, it took a very good Giants secondary--of whom are excellent jamming and cover secondary players--to make passing difficult, on many downs, for Aaron Rodgers. Unfortunately, those poor secondary players, of the Giants, hardly received help from--what I thought--a very good defensive line. This front 4 from the Giants was a front where I thought the DC would use a base rush for almost every play of the game, because they, supposedly, rush so good. Also, give the Packers' offensive line for making that Giants defensive line look impotent, for nearly every pass play of that game. No secondary is able to cover those Green Bay receivers for 3 to 4 seconds, against Aaron; not even All-Pro secondary would be able to handle that assignment, of which the Giants' secondary covered, last Sunday.

Defensively, you can beat Green Bay, if you run the ball, effectively--which I believe Dallas is more than capable of doing that--and pass on them. Balance!

Will Leon Lett have those men of that defensive line ready for good pass-blocking offensive line of the Packers? Can the Cowboys' defense take away Aaron's scrambling and Aaron's effectiveness from those bootlegs? Can the Dallas secondary handle those receivers, for more or less than 30 minutes?

There's a philosophy I believe in, to win in the playoff and to win a Super Bowl: you must play excellent defense and you must run the ball, effectively.

Defense wins championships.

Dallas will win, this weekend, versus the Packers.
I think both teams will be able to move the ball. As a Cowboy fan what I worry about is GB abusing us on the slants and crossing patterns. That is one of our weaknesses and Carr has always been poor on those and ends up chasing rather than covering. But, I am very interested to see what happens with Mo back. Sounds crazy to say after the last few years, but along with the pass rush he could be the key. I don't expect him to be great the first game off a horribly injured groin, but he really was playing at an all pro level before the injury. If Jordy plays Carr will be on him I hope, because that is the type of receiver he does well against. But honestly Carr has been real good this year too. I didn't think he had it in him, but when they reduced his role and moved him he flourished and proved a lot of what I said about him to be wrong. He plays tough and strong and will get beat, but has been holding his own pretty much every single game. Jones should be able to play Cook. If we don't get a pass rush there is no doubt we need to score 30 to win, but if we can run the ball well we may be able to. Also, our DL, although not great, will be healthier than it's been. Irving is an enigma. You may not hear his name all game, but if he has one of his games and if Lawrence and Crawford are healthy we may just be able to get to Rodgers a few times.

i think this is going to be a fun game to watch even if you aren't rooting for anyone in particular. My guess is its a good game for 3 plus Qtrs, but the final score ends up double digits...but honestly I'm not sure which team wins. I really think Dallas is the better team. I'm ecstatic they don't haev to play in the cold and wind and I think they have the edge and that if the defense makes some plays they will win. But, that friggin Aaron Rodgers can win any game. Hands down the best player in the league and by a lot IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruptured Spleen??? So what:

upload_2017-1-11_9-11-22.jpeg

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you drunk or on drugs? You're all over the board and making less sense than usual?

He lives in Southlake. He may very well make all that money betting heh. Southlake is not a cheap place to live at all.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ratings are expected to go through the roof for this game

can't wait

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ratings are expected to go through the roof for this game

can't wait

Yeah, I bet it will be good to get some non-Canadian eyes on Packer football.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Geico commercial are. They need to get Michael Bay up in that shit.
Those Cavemen never woulda let that weakass song by on while they're catching passes in the dark.

It's the worst commercial on during football right now. (The fat guy that screams "Hey Rodguhs!" Is nowhere to be found, thankfully.)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Cavemen never woulda let that weakass song by on while they're catching passes in the dark.

It's the worst commercial on during football right now. (The fat guy that screams "Hey Rodguhs!" Is nowhere to be found, thankfully.)

Doesn't Witten have a Geico commercial with the Cavemen out right now? It was on the mute the other day, but I thought I saw one where Witten and a coach were looking at walk-on type players and one of the Cavemen was in western wear.